Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Haven't done this in awhile

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Haven't done this in awhile

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DxS on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:44 am

Hello everyone. I used to RP a lot a few years ago, but after not doing it for so long I've realized how much I missed it. So I searched for a forum that looked good and I decided to stop here and try it out again. Looking forward to getting into the groove again. :D
who's gonna take it like this no way

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DxS
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Haven't done this in awhile

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:47 am

Well, I hope that you have a blast here! What kind of games are you into? Feel free to ask around, we'll be more than happy to help you out with finding the ones that are perfect for you!!
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eymber
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:48 am

Welcome to our little haven of sanity. We have a host of creative and inventive storytellers and a great deal of active and imaginative players. There are a slew of great RP's going on at the moment and if you can't find anything to tickle yer fancy start one.
Please read the rules of etiquette. Also if you feel the need to brush the rust off the skills please feel free to visit our RP Academy and get a tutor to freshen those skills.

/bow

Skally
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:29 am

Hello, DxS. It's a pleasure having you on the site. I've already seen you post a couple times elsewhere, so I'm glad you're finding your way around the site.

As per the norm, here are some links if you should need help getting introduced to our site.

Read This First

Quick Guide

Etiquette

Role Play Academy

As Skally said, the RPA is a great place to brush up on your skills if you haven't RPed in a while. We have both new RPers and veterans alike that have taken part in the academy to help their skills. The tutors there are amazing.

Also, I hope you will stop into the chat sometime if you can. It's in IRC form right now because it's undergoing some changes. Some members can't login until the new chat is fixed, but I hope you are one of the lucky ones.

If you ever need help with anything, please feel free to PM me. =)
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:12 am

Welcome DxS,

Well it looks like you know what you're doing. I think your RP looks quite compelling. I always liked the idea of magic awakening in the modern world, turning years of scientific discovery on its head. I hope you have fun with it and keep coming back to visit us.

The Gateway is open to anyone who enjoys writing and role-playing. I hope you find many talented members who can give you the kind of RP experience you are looking for. We also like to nurture the less experienced players here, so I hope you'll take time to give the benefit of your experience to those who might need it. Always in a friendly and constructive way of course.

Enjoy

quidhala
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!