Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey, I'm new to this site...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hey, I'm new to this site...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryuu2006 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:52 pm

...however I am not new to RP. I often change charecters so dont expect me to use one charecter when I go into different storylines, that is unless thats how this RP site works. Anywho back on subject, I am a multi para and I do follow and know T-1 rules. Its been a bit more than a year since I've come to a forum such as this because I moved to Myspace RP. Nice to meet you all, and sorry if i did this incorrectly please correct me if I did. xD

Oh, and I have a question. How do you guys hold fights? You know charecter to charecter bouts, I know this changes from site to site. If you guys just have it go on in the story lines then is there a specific way you all do it? And if you hold it in seperate topics all on their own then do you require intro's?

Well hope I get some feed back, I'm not sure what this forums main composition of RPers is, so I will ask my last question. Do you guys have more Multi para/T-1ers or more para's or more One Liners (Just asking, I may decide to move to a different site depending on the composition xD)?
o.O I remember these XD. Haven't made one in a long time. Anyway, Boo! That should do for now until I think of something interesting to put in here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryuu2006
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hey, I'm new to this site...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Hail and welcome! Stick around for a bit, you'll love it here. For many years, I was on an epic quest to find a good RP site, and this has been the best that I have found! This is the perfect spot for questions like yours, so have no fear, for I shall answer!

You do have to pick and choose, but almost every RP that I have looked at has been multi-para (at least one, if the person is tired). Also, thanks in part to Vexar and RPAcademy, most of the users on the site are GOOD WRITERS. If you've tried some of the same sites that I have, then you have some idea of how refreshing this is.

Also, fights are any kind you like. Just post in the Battle Arena, (battle-arena-f19.html) and somebody will answer the call. (Also, if you want a heavy magic based fight, I've got a new character I've been dying to try out). but seriously, stick around and give us a try. You won't regret it.

Live forever, or Die trying!!
Hey, read my fiction! http://www.fictionpress.com/~twindeath Reviews are appreciated.
Könnt ihr mich hören?
Könnt ihr mich sehen?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryuu2006 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Well thats good to hear. I'll go join in some story line RP (I'll use Yasunori who is easy going to avoid getting into fights in a story line, at least until I know how it works). And by heavy magic what do you mean, that also changes in meaning from person to person xD. Some people think of heavy magic as destroy a planet with your energy sort of thing, others think of it as Moderate powers (powers but only to the destructive scale of something like naruto) as its called on the last website I was on. I prefer to stick to moderate powers or Realistic Melee. Any way, thanks for answering my questions. From what you said this does sound pretty good.

Ryuu2006
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryuu2006 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:30 pm

I forgot two questions, sorry. xD

Do you guys take a scientific aproach to Role Play here? For example if you have a power, do you have to have some sort of way to explain how it happens. If so, alright; if not, that works too. xD

Also how do I know where there are more active posts? Is there a certain color to the icons, etc?

Ryuu2006
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:55 am

If you're a fan of T1, you should swing by RolePlayGateway's official recordbook and add the results of fights you've had in the past. :)

Welcome to RolePlayGateway, you sound like you'll fit in well here. Let us know if you need anything. ^_^
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:58 am

ImageImage

Welcome to the friendliest RP site on the web. Feel free to ask anyone, staff or community member, if you have questions about how things work here at RPGateway. If you want to join an ongoing RP I would suggest you read the OOC, PM the game master and then simply wait for them to reply. PM me or any staff member if you have questions or concerns or just need a nudge in the right direction.

I also just want to say if you like to fight, then please join the illustrious GT League.
http://www.thegrandtournament.com/ and RECORD all the turn-based fights you've had on sites like RPGChat, GaiaOnline, AnimeLeague, or RolePlayGateway - and get ranked based on your RECORD, get recognized for your skills and get some kick-ass signatures that let you display how badass you are. If you’re a fighter on RPGChat, GaiaOnline, AnimeLeague, or RolePlayGateway show the world your RECORD!
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryuu2006 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:15 am

Oooo, thats a bad ass banner o.o

Anyway, ya I like T-1ing. But the problem about getting past fights to sign them up there is that I simply have too many XD. I have no idea where to start. Besides I didnt come from an official RP forum, I was RPing on Myspace.com.

Ryuu2006
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:55 pm

Hey Ryu2K6, I am Ryand-Smith, Support Staff member, The Sword that Cleaves Evil, and a member of RPGateway's Support Staff. Welcome to RPGateway. Our mission, passed down from the God Emperor Remeus himself is quite simple. We will help you with anything RPGateway related. Before I can help you, help yourself to the RPGateway rules and the RPGateway Manual and we will be fine. If you need any other help with anything RPGateway, or RP related, PM or IM me, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

I have some RPs that I would humbly suggest for you.
The Magical Lyrical Technical Wings, A Fantasy RP with Cyberpunk elements, and for you Futuristic lovers.. Super Robot Wars for ROCKON, and Giant Robots!

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!