Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hogwarts RP(Intrest check)Serious Fans Please Read

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Hogwarts RP(Intrest check)Serious Fans Please Read

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:42 am

Hi everyone. I have once again caught the Harry potter bug, and I really want to make and excellent roleplay for one of my favourite book series. I find Harry Potter roleplays die out very quickly, and I want to prevent that by having a number of involved people working on the plot together to create a lasting interest outside the first sparkle of attraction. That will also involve a few requirements for the game such as:

-Not everyone can be in Gryffindor and Slytherin, the plot will go nowhere if there is. Because of this, I encourage multiple players, but not to take on more than you can handle. This way you can have your first choice of character, and still have other side ones that continue to move the plot.

-No run-of-the-mill, or Emo characters. It's ok for them to have problems, or be innocent, but don't make it to the point that it’s all we ever hear from them, or the point has become redundant. Make your characters grow as people over time. It gets annoying really fast, and contributes to low posting.

-At least one paragraph per post. Take your time when writing your responses, and be descriptive. I know I’m not the only one who gets put off by lightning fast short posts.

-Don't be afraid to create new creatures, spells, secret passages, ect. Just be sure they don't completely go against the magical laws that J.K created, and be fair with them.

-I also think using the OOC thread if/when I make one will be useful for discussing what we plan to do collectively, and accumulate ideas.

As far as the time frame goes, I was thinking either 50 years after the Series ends, meaning completely original characters, who may or may not have some relation to the series characters, or around 19-25 years after, which could, if desired, involve the children mentioned in the epilogue of the 7th book

Ex: Rose Weasley, Albus Potter, Scorpius Malfoy, Ect.

If we did that though, we would have to plan character ages together to make it fit.

I’m hopeing to develop a plot with those who are interested, but I definitely think romance should be involved. Not the main focus, but a big part.

If you’re interested, please comment, and give your input.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Re: Hogwarts RP(Intrest check)Serious Fans Please Read

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby castersage on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:50 am

IM SO IN........ im so in hufflepuff, i took a test and it placed me there so yeah..

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

castersage
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:52 am

I'm very interested in this. I like your requirements as well.

I have the other books of the series as well (The creature book and spell books included) So I know quite a few of the things J.K. actually intended as far as creatures and the likes.

I have one I tried started ages ago ( hogwarts-and-the-stargazers-observatory-t9524.html ) I had similar requirements, in a different fasion. I wanted a plot revolved around discovering something completely new and astounding at Hogwarts, a mystery hidden within the Stargazers Observatory.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:13 am

I took a quiz that put in slytherin :P but I'm sure i'll make 2 chars one Slytherin, one Ravenclaw
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Glad to know I have people interested ^-^.

So, for those interested so far, which time period would you prefer?

50 years after,

Or

19-25

I think the sooner we deside that the sooner we can deside the plot.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Honestly, I'd prefer about fifty years later. To avoid more cliche characters, and immediate ties to major characters.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derdy808 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm entirely new to the online roleplaying scene, but I really like the way you have this set up, and I'd be very interested in giving it a shot!

I agree with Vexar, fifty years sounds like the safer route.

Derdy808
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyraiYuki on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:13 pm

If possible, I'd love to join, i adore HP roleplay's. If so, it'd be Ravenclaw for me, as it's my favourite house,.and also the only robes i like >.>

KyraiYuki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emmacgp9 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:31 pm

I'll join. In my opinion 50 y. is better.
98% teens would die if myspace died, if u r 1 of the 2% percent, who would laugh in there face, put this in your sig.

95% teens listen to rap, if u r 1 of the 5% that listens to rock, metal, or 1 of the other genre put this in your sig.

Live, Love, Laugh (ALOT!!)

emmacgp9
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyraiYuki on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:57 pm

I know i should of typed it before..buuut. I also think fifty years would be awesome~ I think it'd be about 2020 area, though I'm not sure ^-^

KyraiYuki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightningFox111 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:52 pm

This sounds like a fun RP idea. I would like to join, although I must forewarn everyone now that I might not be able to post as frequently as the rest of you (although I WILL read to keep up with the storyline).

I'd like something set up in the same time frame that everyone else has suggested - about 50 years after the end of the series. After the passing of such a great deal of time, it would be easier to be creative and justify new people, places, governments, and the like without bringing harm to the integrity of the history contained within the novels.

I look forward to this starting. I highly suggest you create an OOC thread - those are always helpful for discussion and thought generation. ^_^
To have loved and lost is better than never having loved at all...

LightningFox111
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emmacgp9 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:36 pm

The 7th HP book ends summer 1998, so 50 years later would be about 2048. I lik figureing out when stuff happens, BTW if u want to check my math, look in HP 7, at the part were Harry and Hermione go to Godric's hollow, in the graveyard we find out the year Harry's parants die, 1981 if my memory serves me.

emmacgp9
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derdy808 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:51 pm

I hope this gets going, it sounds like a lot of fun. I found a really decent sorting hat quiz (about 120 questions) if anyone feels like having their character sorted. http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/ccq_hogwarts.htm

Derdy808
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyraiYuki on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:47 am

Yey~ I love that test. *Huggles Derdy and then the test* 99 Percent on Ravenclaw. ^-^

KyraiYuki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Got the following;

Gryffindor;

Ravenclaw;

Hufflepuff;

Slytherin;

I was planning on having two characters, one in Slytherin, one in Ravenclaw. The former; female, the latter; male.

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Glad to see everyone so active ^-^. Alright 50 years in the future it is. Now, does anyone have any good ideas for the story Antagonist(s)?

I've seen everything from Voldamort's son, to a wizarding gang

so any input?

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lucid.dreams on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Hey, this sounds like a great idea, and I'd love to be a part of it! I'll have two characters.
For that questionnaire I got Gryffindor (61), Ravenclaw (81), Hufflepuff (75), Syltherin (68)
One of my characters will be a Ravenclaw and one will be a Hufflepuff. The Ravenclaw will be a girl and the Hufflepuff will be a guy.
I'm so excited for this to start!

lucid.dreams
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emmacgp9 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:44 pm

well... What if we had a minister of magic, who pritended to be really nice, and used his/her
mastery of magic to get the post, but soon as they were firmly settled that showed there true
colors, and started to try to become Superme Overlord of the world, (+ any other known
habbitable or habited planet recently discovered)(maybe the muggles have an alliance with some
aliens who look like giant snakes with legs.) I don't know.

P.S. When r u going to make character sheets?

emmacgp9
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightningFox111 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:12 pm

A corrupted Minister of Magic does sound like a good idea, although it should be a different kind of situation than Cornelius Fudge. Perhaps the current Minister is a zealot about finding and eradicating dark magic, but in the shadows he himself is a practitioner of the Dark Arts... Maybe he'd like to create his own reign of terror, similar to Voldemort's?

Or instead of something so cliche, perhaps he's trying to use dark magic to accomplish something even more drastic than Lord Voldemort had? Perhaps becoming invulnerable or all-powerful in some other way, or maybe controlling the elements to cause disasters in both the magical and Muggle world?

I guess there would be several within the Ministry that know of his treachery, but they've been bound by some powerful magic (maybe Unbreakable Vows) in order to keep them from spilling his secrets... In return, he might be giving them political perks and more pull in official elections and such.

Just some ideas... =^o^= *meow* =^-^=

LightningFox111
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:37 pm

Sorry to sound rude, I really don't mean to; but the previous ideas are a bit too cliche for me. I've a few ideas myself. Though I'll only post the most pertinent one.

Much like my Hogwarts and the Stargazers' Observatory. role play I was going to start; I feel that this should revolve around Hogwarts for our first role play together. Honestly, all powerful overlord ideas are simply too grand to start off a role play with. As we all know Hogwarts has been centuries. Because of its magical makeup there are many parts to it that were never written about and kept well hidden by the staff and Ministry of magic.

Let me ask you this, has anyone wondered how the magic inside and around Hogwarts is suppressed? If so, what if something were to happen to the object or person keeping it suppressed. I believe our role play should be based on a discovery... Perhaps Hogwarts happens to be on a magical ley line. Maybe during a soon to come solar eclipse, the ley line ruptures the magic that keeps most of Hogwarts protected and working. We find ourselves in the middle of the staff trying to fix things, but... We find that we actually may be able to help... In fact we find ourselves deep within Hogwarts... A series of rooms, each of which hold the key to suppressing the ley line's energy; and pushing the Solar eclipse along. Of course the solar eclipse would not stop until we get this fixed, making for some interesting sights.

Suggested names...

Hogwarts and the Solar Binding
Hogwarts and the Hall of Wisdom
Hogwarts and the Chains of Solaris
or
Hogwarts and the Eternal Night

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!