Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

How are the mighty fallen

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

How are the mighty fallen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sat May 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Greetings Earthlings,

Well it's been a terrible long time since I was about on this site, and I have missed it. All my games came to early and premature ends. Believe it or not I was once an administrator hence the mighty fallen bit.

Well I thought I might dive in again and see if anything piqued my interest, there has to be someone who has similar roleplay tastes to myself, doesn't there?

Hello?

Oh well maybe not, however special note, Eric sorry I sort of dropped off the radar a bit, had too many things going on to keep up and you would insist in having the meetings at 2 in the morning.

Anyway that's enough waffle and nonsense, for now, I am sure there will be more before too long.

Grimbold

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Re: How are the mighty fallen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sat May 03, 2008 6:12 pm

A Moderator, Theoman. Not an Administrator.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat May 03, 2008 6:13 pm

Welcome back then.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sun May 04, 2008 1:28 am

ConvolutedMusings wrote:A Moderator, Theoman. Not an Administrator.

True different forum, same role, but technically you are correct of course

Grimbold

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RemÃĻus on Sun May 04, 2008 12:06 pm

Grimbold! It's great to have you back! I was wondering where you went...

How are things going? Anything new in your life?
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

RemÃĻus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon May 05, 2008 12:03 am

Well, I've never met you before, but welcome back anyway! Sorry things didn't work out last time, I hope things run around better for you this round.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Mon May 05, 2008 2:57 am

Theo.....

It's been some time... Are you back?

I know things were rough for a while, but if you wanna RP, I'm up for it....

I've missed you, friend.
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Eymber
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axanthisis on Mon May 05, 2008 5:23 am

Grimbold Theoman wrote:Well I thought I might dive in again and see if anything piqued my interest, there has to be someone who has similar roleplay tastes to myself, doesn't there?

Well that might depend on what your tastes are.

Oh, and welcome back.

Axanthisis
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Sun May 18, 2008 10:52 pm

-=glomps=- GGRRRIIIMMMMM! -=grasps Grimbold's arm and drags the poor man into the RPG Forum=-

Come on! We need talent like yours on the boards! Who else can I be a British snob with? Just for knowing the difference between the Cambridge Strut and the Oxford stride is enough to make me chuckle with glee.

Oh! I think I have some websites that might be of interest to you! I think you already know them but I just found 'em and it's awoken a passion of wanting to do more in my RPGs.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Tue May 20, 2008 7:45 am

The old ones are here. Grim arises from the dead, the only force that could destroy Saladin's ego in one shot, F'galklyn Ryoleth C'thyin/. Welcome back Grim!

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue May 20, 2008 9:34 am

GRIMBOLD!!!

I HAVE MISSED YOU SO!

I didn't want to demote you from the GM team, but when we did our big clean up, I had to clean out everyone who had vanished. I'd be more than happy to reinstate you if you think you'll be a regular on the site again.

You don't know how happy it makes me to have you back. I mean it.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Re: How are the mighty fallen (beyond sight it seems)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:03 pm

After yet another long silence, and after such a welcome especially from one of your number, coming out with scurrilous and unfounded comments I decided I would not re-join the ranks in anything other than an occasional and conservationist role. It was gratifying that so many of you remembered my small contributions from the past but sadly the attitude of one of you has really rather spoilt any potential enjoyment I may have derived from writing here again.

I am sorry I haven't responded earlier but a new woman in my life and spending most of my free time with her, coupled with Saladin's overwhelming welcome, and the fact that I seem no longer to receive e-mail notification of responses, I blame the ether for that, have meant I have only just, some six months later discovered that so many of you that I knew so well have replied. I can only apologise for my seeming rudeness and blame circumstances.

Best wishes to you all, and I will be trying to keep more up to date with what passes here in the future.

David aka Grimbold Theoman

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Welcome back, although we do not know each other, the reception you received is indicative of your memory among the older crowd. I hope you do find a RP or two that tickle your fancy enough to make you again a presence on these boards.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Grim! It's been ages! I would like to restart Modern Fantasy, but it wouldn't feel right if you weren't in it. Even if you intend to stay only for alittle while, any time at all here on the site should be considered a blessing to have a member like you around.

Glad to hear of the new lady, please keep in touch.

Rather, please, let's RP!

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Never met you, but, me being a practical nobody on this site, recieve my welcome:

Well, hello and welcome back to RPGateway, seeing the other people who have welcomed you with their open arms, I wish to do the same, hello and welcome back, hello and welcome back, hello and welc--kicks an old record player with a stuck record-- Ahem, uhm, I apologize. Hello and welcome back!
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:59 am

Edge wrote:Grim! It's been ages! I would like to restart Modern Fantasy, but it wouldn't feel right if you weren't in it. Even if you intend to stay only for alittle while, any time at all here on the site should be considered a blessing to have a member like you around.

Glad to hear of the new lady, please keep in touch.

Rather, please, let's RP!

Edge, my dear chap. I would be honoured for you to restart the Modern Fantasy. I am not sure that I can spare the time to be involved, not on a regular basis anyway, but would be happy to act as observer and advisor. After all I created the setting mostly at a suggestion from Myumi.

Lisa is great I love her to bits, there is quite a story behind that but it will have to remain private; suffice it to say we are happy with each other.

Maybe, I have not written anything in two years now, not sure how long it would take me to get even competent again.

David aka Grimbold Theoman

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!