Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

PFP Issues

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

PFP Issues

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:59 pm

Is this a known issue or something? I literally cannot update any of my character's PFP, even after trying a different browser and resetting my entire browser's history as well as the cache and individual site cache. Like, this isn't for real, is it? Because at this point short of resubmitting ALL of my characters I wanna change my PFP to, there's nothing I can do and it's really upsetting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Re: PFP Issues

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:20 pm

Yeah, I tried helping Kura here (with her permission) since I am a mod and it didn't even work for me, so it's definitely a site issue.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:07 pm

Bump since no one has responded :3

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:36 pm

Looks like whatever the issue was has been resolved as I was able to change them.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:39 pm

I lied. It's still not working for roleplay pictures, like the actual roleplay itself. My image was deleted for whatever reason and when I go to replace it it's just black. It worked for character PFPs but not the RP itself. Please help :c

universes/akitas-seasons-return

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:46 pm

Most of the time these issues are related to the proxy cache, which you can force reset by holding shift and clicking refresh. Your browser is saving the old version of the image because we "aggressively cache" (for up to 30 days!) to avoid pages with thousands of images from hammering our servers all at once (especially when some stories go viral unexpectedly). Clearing this cache fixes most issues.

If you've uploaded a new image, cleared the cached (shift+refresh), and it still doesn't work, try re-saving your image as a different format (PNG, JPG, and GIF are officially supported) and re-upload it. As always, be sure it is 100x100 pixels, else you might be subject to some scaling and aspect ratio issues.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:52 pm

Remæus wrote:Most of the time these issues are related to the proxy cache, which you can force reset by holding shift and clicking refresh. Your browser is saving the old version of the image because we "aggressively cache" (for up to 30 days!) to avoid pages with thousands of images from hammering our servers all at once (especially when some stories go viral unexpectedly). Clearing this cache fixes most issues.

If you've uploaded a new image, cleared the cached (shift+refresh), and it still doesn't work, try re-saving your image as a different format (PNG, JPG, and GIF are officially supported) and re-upload it. As always, be sure it is 100x100 pixels, else you might be subject to some scaling and aspect ratio issues.

Thanks Rem, she and one other were able to fix them.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:28 pm

Remæus wrote:Most of the time these issues are related to the proxy cache, which you can force reset by holding shift and clicking refresh. Your browser is saving the old version of the image because we "aggressively cache" (for up to 30 days!) to avoid pages with thousands of images from hammering our servers all at once (especially when some stories go viral unexpectedly). Clearing this cache fixes most issues.

I am still having issues with the roleplays pictures themselves. It just blacks them out. For example, Akita's Seasons.

Sorry, I thought I responded with this but I guess I never hit submit lmao

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:41 pm

Kura Ravengade wrote:

I am still having issues with the roleplays pictures themselves. It just blacks them out. For example, Akita's Seasons.

Sorry, I thought I responded with this but I guess I never hit submit lmao

Link me to a version that works and I'll do some work on it. Sorry for the slow responses!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!