Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Welcome to LAIOS Part II

Reservations

a part of “Welcome to LAIOS Part II”, a fictional universe by FaddedFox.

Welcome to your new virtual life. The catch is, you can't log out and if your hp drops to zero... well, you won't be returning to the Real World.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome to LAIOS Part II”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Reservations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skwidge on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:47 pm

@Ianna
Well, for the most part, glitches aren't specifically things that you can look for in the direct way I think you're thinking that they are, (could be totally wrong, and if so, my apologies xD) as they're malfunctions in the coding and execution of commands; the whole idea of beta testing is to do just what you're wanting- to play through the majority of the game to find the malfunctions in it, so they would already be checking certain, and rather all, mechanics to begin with, so it wouldn't need to be asserted that they need checklists.

Unless, of course, each one was given a specific group of tasks to each personally look through, which would totally make sense, since there are so many mechanics to work through, ascertaining that all mechanics of the game would be split between however many betas were originally in the game.

So basically I'm just making all of this fuss to say that it's a given and go right ahead XD Mainly that you can't exactly systematically hunt down glitches unless you already know the aforehand error in the code, which, if one knew that, would fix before executing gameplay. I'm just saying that, for the most part, glitches would be like things in terrain, which a small group of people can't possible hope to ascertain since LAIOS is such a huge world- just for example, of course.

Just wanted to point out that for the most part, beta testing is mainly hoping to bump into glitches, since they're unforeseeable incidents. Of course, systematically looking through them like you've suggested is a good idea and would be done, so yesyes. I am so sorry for like splurging all of that info out; your idea is perfectly fine, and I would encourage you to execute it, because I super want to see it xD >3< Just wanted to make sure that nothing would be misunderstood or anything of the sorts, mainly just not wanting confusion to occur, which I'm totally sure you were already perfectly fine in the first place :3
SO CALM

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skwidge
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:20 am

Yes I O.ked the checklist. It would just be tasks that the company gave each of them to play through different aspects to help look for bugs in specific areas since LAIOS is so large. For example, her character was testing the mechanics of Pking. Rainne was mostly focused on Seraph, etc. So yes, the checklist is okay and if you guys each want to talk about what was given to you during the beta trials, you are more than welcome to talk to me and each other about it. ^^
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Whoop! We shall be starting soon! I am just waiting on 3 more characters to be completed! Pie will be working on the stats and those should be done by next week. I am hoping we'll be starting the actual rp on Monday-Tuesday depending on if I get busy with real life events and writing the first post. Since we are so many people, I am going to request that people let everyone post before posting again, at least for the first couple of rounds to ensure everyone gets a chance. Then when we start breaking off, you can post if everyone in your group has posted but don't overload the rp if everyone else is slow posting. Having too many posts to read may become a challenge and I don't want people running away because we are moving too fast. I am seeing about a post from each person 1-2 a week to keep a steady flow and make sure everyone is caught up. If you are going to be delayed because of school, ect, please let me know via ooc or pm. Any questions or concerns? (These threads have gotten a little muddled XD. Ah well.)

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Hey, I'll finish Arctic up tonight. I got a stomach bug so I haven't been feeling well the past few days.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:19 pm

It is all right. Health first. I hope you feel better! Well wishes!

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:11 am

Got most of the pre-rp relation pms out. I think I need like... 4ish more? So if you didn't get one from me, you likely will tomorrow. So... yeah... you can look forward to that because I am a bundle of interesting, almost, but not quite, as interesting as the tumbleweed making his glorious trip across the great plains.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:42 pm

@ everyone - THE FIRST POST IS UP!

Please use the following code. I am a very visual person and it is harder for me to remember people without an image. I also want all of you to post your locations with this code so everyone knows where people are. (I know most people forget to use the rpg function). If you need help with this or anything, please let me know!

Code: Select all
[right][img]INTRO PAGE IMG[/img][/right][left][color=HEX CODE]░

░[/color][/left][center][font=harrington][size=150]Occupation:
Answer

Guild:
Answer

Level:
Answer

Hex Code:
Answer

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:16 pm

As for relationship stuff, I'm a bit busy at the moment, but if you want to talk about stuff, definitely PM me! Prince is probably not the best gauge (since he's a chatterbox), but Granite will have 'dunno' under everyone until I've talked to you about relationship with both him and Prince! ^^

(Also, I'm still working on stat stuff, it should be done this weekend, all things permitting! So look forward to it!)
slcam plz

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Apologies for the uber long intro, I got carried away. Super excited to be starting!

Taunbon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:54 pm

*sneaks over to make a post*
Image"The answers in the stars...."HEY YOU! CLICK THIS

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:17 pm

Soooo, whatcha all going to do if you win the egg? Give it away, hatch it, sell it, eat it?

Taunbon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skwidge on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:05 pm

XDD Eat it yasss beautiful lolol

Ah, just popping in real quick to say sorry that I haven't gotten Augur done yet, college started back up for me this Tuesday, but I don't have classes tomorrow, so I'll finish him then. I will most likely be sending out messages to all of you guys just to confirm relationships with Minuet and he, and then get a post up shortly thereafter :3 thanks~

Skwidge
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:58 am

I am reposting this here since most of you seem to be checking this thread. I have created a new OOC thread for general discussion and for rp updates/directions that I will post. Here is the message:

Guys, please don't respond a second time yet!!!! I want everyone to have a chance to post introductions before we go through a second round! I am really excited that all of you are rearing to go and all the characters and intros thus far are great! <3

But yes, please don't do your second post yet! I'll give the okay once we get everyone posted (the exception with be Karkastic since they haven't been on) Thank you. ^^

-Fadded

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:54 am

Lol yeah thats a good point we aren't actually using the real OOC for OOC.

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 am

C O S M I C wrote:Lol yeah thats a good point we aren't actually using the real OOC for OOC.

But I like this one...

Taunbon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:25 pm

Nah its ok. We have forced this one. It would be wrong to change.

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MisterMagicMuffin on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:40 pm

I want to jump on the bandwagon too!

MisterMagicMuffin
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:37 am

~Check the Update~

And I guess you guys can talk on here... but all important stuff goes in the other thread!! I want to keep that thread for most updates and plot discussions and anything actually pertaining to the rp. This thing.... yeah this thread can be whatever else. XD I cave too much. I am in Seraph's mind too much! Ack!

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:40 am

Seraph is such a sweetheart though <3 Not bad to think like him. :P

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:27 am

*Looks at Augur's quote.*

When your game doesn't work like it used to before,
And you can't seem to log off,
Will you miss your life from before?
Will your thoughts be very sad?

And darling, Seraph will, be loving you till you die,
And baby, if you do you'll be screwed,
And I'm thinking bout how people are dying in mysterious ways,
Maybe it's all part of a plan,
Well me- I try not to die every single day,
And I'm just trying to tell you I am

So, Seraph now, please let me out of this game,
Trust me, I really love it,
I'll log back in later, I promise,
I'm living in LAIOS,
But maybe we found life right where we are

I'm so proud of myself for making this.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!