Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Welcome to LAIOS Part II

Reservations

a part of “Welcome to LAIOS Part II”, a fictional universe by FaddedFox.

Welcome to your new virtual life. The catch is, you can't log out and if your hp drops to zero... well, you won't be returning to the Real World.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome to LAIOS Part II”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Reservations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ianna_334 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:39 pm

Um, hi. I'm kinda interested in joining, could I reserve two ordinary phoenix blights? And I also have an idea for a beta, but I'd like to clear said idea before I declare myself in competition for said beta so I sent (well, am about to send) a PM...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ianna_334
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Giver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:13 am

All right guys, I have just updated the intro to reflect the process of reservations. Old reservations that haven't sent me any message or wip have been deleted and are no longer reserved. If you come back and apply for a reservation again, I will reserve you once more but you'll probably compete. Right now, Two betas are open as well as the Lunar Glade Guild leader. I would rather not get more neutral players unless you offer a plot point because we are rapidly reaching my limit in characters. I won't be able to keep up with everyone if we add too many more roles. Those of you who want more than one character, please be patient so that all the wips and everything are turned in. If there are open spots, you can submit another character for that spot. We may also add characters as we go along since we are going to be losing players during the plot process as well.

Thank you for your interest and your time guys! If you have finished your profile, please be patient with me as I go through it!
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:59 pm

So... did... anyone notice that out of the eight human characters, five of them are seventeen? It is like the magical age of heroic...ship. Mine is the oldest at 23, Cosmic has theirs at 18 and Ninja Bunny comes in the youngest at 12... but everyone else? Seventeen.

Random note: Ninja Bunny, ever since reading your character, I have pictured her sitting on Angus's shoulder as they adventured.

Woohoo for big brother instincts!

Taunbon
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Taunbon, I think you're confusing me with someone else xD My character is 17, she was originally going to be 18, but I decided on 17. WindsFate is also the guild leader of Phoenix Blight, soooo xD

EDIT: Ninja Bunny has the 12 year old.

Disregard, Taunbon edited.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm one of the guilty parties, unfortunately. XD
I typically set Dawn/Psyche's age as 16 bordering on 17, or 17 bordering on 18, although I'd be willing to switch things around to avoid being a part of the 17 party.
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Sorella wrote:Taunbon, I think you're confusing me with someone else xD My character is 17, she was originally going to be 18, but I decided on 17. WindsFate is also the guild leader of Phoenix Blight, soooo xD

EDIT: Ninja Bunny has the 12 year old.

Disregard, Taunbon edited.

Yeah, I had just read your CS... soo.... for some reason, I was thinking of Ninja but wrote your name.

Miss Echo wrote:I'm one of the guilty parties, unfortunately. XD
I typically set Dawn/Psyche's age as 16 bordering on 17, or 17 bordering on 18, although I'd be willing to switch things around to avoid being a part of the 17 party.

There is nothing wrong with it. :P I was reading through all the CS's again, and noticed that there was a lot of seventeen years old, I went back through and saw that all but three were. Again, there is nothing wrong with it, and it doesn't make it any better or worse if they are 15-16-17-18-19 whatever, I just thought it was an amusing coincidence and wanted to see if anyone else noticed.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:47 pm

Haha, I'll admit that I didn't, although I usually have the attention span of a porcupine in the best of times. XP
Now I'm just imagining a plot where a disease strikes out pretty much everyone except people the age of 17, and causing some kind of terrifying apocalyptic scenario.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:12 pm

17 is the magic number here in RPG-land, old enough to almost be an adult, but not quite stepping across that threshold ;3

It probably also doesn't help that Fadded and I both set out characters at 17, it lingers in the mind a bit, lol.

The betas will be definitively be adults though, for sure, so fear not, Taunbon (I have a strong urge to call you Marco, forgive me) you will not be long alone in adulthood, lol.

(aaand we have at least one of each of the following in WIPs right now: a 16 year old, a 19 year old, and and 18 year old, so there will be a bit more variation. It just happens that everyone who wanted to be specifically 17 got their charries finished first, lol)
slcam plz

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:25 pm

pieluver wrote:17 is the magic number here in RPG-land, old enough to almost be an adult, but not quite stepping across that threshold ;3

It probably also doesn't help that Fadded and I both set out characters at 17, it lingers in the mind a bit, lol.

I usually play as older characters, so that is just something I have always done, so that is a part of that as well.

pieluver wrote:The betas will be definitively be adults though, for sure, so fear not, Taunbon (I have a strong urge to call you Marco, forgive me) you will not be long alone in adulthood, lol.

I don't mind at all what age everyone else is.

(It is quite alright. I watched Star on impulse thinking it would suck... and.... then two hours later my roomie came back to me sitting on the couch in my pajama pants binge watching them on On Demand. I swear I watch more cartoons then any kid out there.)

pieluver wrote:(aaand we have at least one of each of the following in WIPs right now: a 16 year old, a 19 year old, and and 18 year old, so there will be a bit more variation. It just happens that everyone who wanted to be specifically 17 got their charries finished first, lol)

Ha, I am glad I don't have to give up the title of 'oldest character' yet. I am rather fond of it.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:37 pm

*did 18 cause 17 is a lame number* . = .
Image"The answers in the stars...."HEY YOU! CLICK THIS

C O S M I C
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ianna_334 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:52 pm

My character is somewhere between 40 and 50...

ianna_334
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:02 pm

My character is going to be 24. She got a lot more than she bargained for in her first couple of years as a developer. XD

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:22 pm

All right! UPDATE!!!!!!!

@everyone: I would like all character wips to be in by the 14th and characters finished by the 16th. Pieluver is making the stats for everyone and her classes start on the 18th so she'll have less time to do the number crunching required. If you do not finished your character by the 16, I will reject you. I've given everyone more than my three day requirement. All roles have been reserved. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll help you in any way I can. The only person exempt is blackwolt who I have been discussing with. Her character will enter later in the rp because she is taking exams right now and can't devote the time to character development at this time.

(And yeah, I noticed the ages to lol. I am glad we are getting more variations now)

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:13 am

FaddedFox wrote:All right! UPDATE!!!!!!!

@everyone: I would like all character wips to be in by the 14th and characters finished by the 16th. Pieluver is making the stats for everyone and her classes start on the 18th so she'll have less time to do the number crunching required. If you do not finished your character by the 16, I will reject you. I've given everyone more than my three day requirement. All roles have been reserved. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll help you in any way I can. The only person exempt is blackwolt who I have been discussing with. Her character will enter later in the rp because she is taking exams right now and can't devote the time to character development at this time.

(And yeah, I noticed the ages to lol. I am glad we are getting more variations now)

Will we get to see the stats of our characters as well as others? I am rather curious as to what they all look like.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:32 am

Yes! I will be putting up an OOC where we will put up the link to the pad pieluver has been working on with everyone's stats (including the GMS) or actually post them on there. We will be moderating any in character fights via a pad or via rng depending on how many people are involved, etc. All attack powers and skills landing or not will also be done through the dice rolling. ^^ I may be pulling a bunch of random numbers and listing them or have you guys actually do it yourself. We are still working out all of the details. Thanks for your patients guys. ^^ I look forward to working with all of you.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:37 am

(I appreciate the Star vs the Forces of Evil and the Steven Universe stuff in this thread right now, it makes my heart happy :3 Do we have any Gravity Falls?)

Also, to add on to what Fadded has said, please be as quick as you can about this, have pity on my poor English Major heart, I can only do so much math so quickly before I have a conniption :P

Don't worry about the number stuff, by the way, (in case you too fall into deep rage/distress at the thought of numbers) I am literally (literally, I tell you) calculating everything, all y'all will have to do is plug the roll in (for pvp and boss fights only) and bam! A fair attack system that is fairly simple to use.

And Taun, if you wanna see your stats right now, I have Angus done, (along with everyone else who is currently accepted) it's all basic stuff like HP, MP, base damage, and stat modifiers, plus I calculated out how much every possible roll would damage the opponent for both the basic attacks and the special attacks. It's very simple! (I could talk at length about how I calculated everything, please, don't get me started, haha)

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:49 am

@Pireluver: (While I am a fan of Gravity Falls... I am afraid not. I just started watching Steven Universe and have started to make out what is what from the few episodes I have seen. I admit I didn't figure out what was going on till three episodes later, but I have been watching them as they appeared during his birthday week, so I doubt that was the best time to do so.)

I respect your efforts in this, I know from experience how tough this can be. While I have never quantified a character in an RPG format before, I have quantified medieval economics (Sounds way more impressive then what it was, I assure you), construction, combat (large scale, not so much small scale or duels like this requires, and thankfully, it was a low-magic setting,) and a system for modern/futuristic warfare based on price generated from several stats and characteristics of the individual, so I really do understand the sheer amount of time and effort it takes to do what you two are doing. My only advice is... don't over complicate it for yourself. I don't doubt that you will run into something that will be hard to quantify, but I have found the simpler the better, at least, for your sanity. (Although I am immensely curious as to how your systems works. Is it an Att V Def system where the roll is added to their attack (and bonuses) and if it surpasses their defense they take that much hp damage, if it doesn't surpass, they take no damage... if you have a 'Hit' system where you roll their skill against their opponents to see if they 'hit' then go to the attack roll, etc.)

But... on to the point, yes! I would love to see Angus's stats as well as the modifiers for his skills (if you have those? I am curious as to what his Pain Train looks like).

Taunbon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:07 am

(Haha, SU is definitely a show that needs to be watched in order, though some of the eps are non-sequitur, there is a very delicate order to the structure of the plot.)

I appreciate your appreciation, but it's not really that difficult at all, just a pain to do the percentages. Fadded and I chose a fairly simple system utilizing the level of the character to determine pretty much everything else, and stat modifiers are expressed through an equation which is added to dmg dealt or received based on the modifier. We chose not to utilize a defense or a stamina system, (though I do like that idea, I might see if I can add that, time permitting--we have a character with a buff that allows them to overcome damage below a certain point, so it is a possibility) and we also decided to only utilize mp drain for special attacks (which is good news for all the mages and priests in the house,) but we do have a roll timer for status effects, and also a possibility of missing for special attacks. I will PM you Angus's stats and stuff right now! (plus answer any specific questions about stuff)

My main goal when setting everything up was ease of use, so I did gloss over some things for the sake of simplicity, so it isn't a full tabletop setting (though I do wish RPG had better facilities for tabletop), and everything is a bit rudimentary, it should be easy to swallow and refer to for attacks.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ianna_334 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi fellow betas! I've got a small favour to ask of you all. I've got a bit of a headcanon about betas and I'm hoping you guys will all play along with it. I don't think it's too intrusive and I seriously doubt it'll mess up any backstories, but still thought I should ask ^^;

Basically, all betas are Skyline employees sent in to test the game, right? What I'm asking you to agree with is that all betas were given checklists of certain mechanics to test out for possible glitches, since logically, it's more sensible to systematically search out glitches instead of hoping the betas will just bump into one. Does anyone see a problem with this? If so, please point it out. I just wanted to explain what I'll be claiming in my own backstory, so as to not confuse anyone :P

ianna_334
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:34 pm

Ianna- If it's alright with Fadded then it's fine by me. If there's anything else I should know, feel free to PM me.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!