Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RPG chat

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

RPG chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:41 pm

I've been on this site since June and I still can't figure out the most basic thing on the chat.

How do I start? I know how to go IC and everything, I'm just not sure how I should work my way in. Like if there are a bunch of other people in the chat, do i just jump in? Even without knowing the basic story of what is going on? Please help me on the matter, I think the chat looks fun! :D Oh, and thanks for reading this.
Life is like the coldest winter
People freeze the tears I cry
Words of hail their minds are into
I've got to crack this ice and fly
-Hitch a Ride; Boston

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: RPG chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:44 pm

The story so far about Gambit's Bar is this:

The bar has recently been taken over by a sinister organization. Whether you want to enforce the rule of law or fight the tyrants and restore Gambit's to the free haven it originally was, not to mention allow the staff to be their own masters, is your decision. On the side, you can have a drink and organize a great adventure with other characters.

Good luck, and have fun!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:49 pm

To go IC, you simply type /ic [your character's name here]. (I'm pretty sure. I haven't been on for a while so I'm not exactly sure. Someone else can probably make sure I'm correct.)

If there's a roleplay going on and most everyone is already in character, you should probably just ask what's going on. Someone's bound to give you a quick explanation of what's happened thus far. If no one answers you, then pick a random person (preferably someone IC) and send then an in chat message asking for a quick summary. If you're interested in joining, just ask. It tends to be pretty open so that anyone can join, but sometimes groups of people will go to another room so that they can do a private roleplay over the chat.

Hope that helped. The chat is really fun but it can be pretty confusing. I'd go on more often but my internet has a tendency to cut out in the middle of everything so that I end up having to spend more time logging in than actually chatting with everyone.
FRIENDS: Will look at you like you're crazy when you tell them you're an alien from outerspace.
BEST FRIENDS: Will break you out of the loony bin and drive you to New Mexico to meet up with the mothership.

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
Who was the first person to say "See that chicken over there... I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out of its butt"?

Seijun13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:05 pm

Have you tried /help?
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeeHitsugaya on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Wow, it got taken over? I'm new so this stuff kinda applies to me too. Where can I get the full story?

LeeHitsugaya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:11 pm

You know those News Beacon thingies that pop up every 15 minutes or so in the IC channels? You should read them more often. :3

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeeHitsugaya on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:25 pm

XD Yeah, about 2 minutes after posting the question I saw one and clicked...So totally doing that more...And they seem to only appear in the bar. >_>

LeeHitsugaya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!