Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Bell Witch Institute for Troubled Youths”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Bell Witch Institute for Troubled Youths

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:45 pm

XViolet7 i'm usually such a bitch about having no more than 6 writers because it really, really pains me XD HOWEVER, seeing as we have Cat and Livy it just seems kind of odd not to rope you in too XD so dear, I'll open up a spot for you.

Hit me up with some FCs. And your staff member CS doesn't have to be quite so detailed...in fact, I was going to just open another OOC thread to put the staff members in, if you want to just kind of make something basic. Or hell, be as creative as you want, whatever works.

FOR ANYONE ELSE CURIOUS - if you want a staff member, they don't have to be big roles, they're notably absent in the kids lives anyway. There will be 3, maybe 4 tops and will be NPCs, which means any of us can control them for any reason. I'll probably do a lot of it at the beginning but ya know how it goes.

I'll put that thread up tomorrow, after work.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:13 am

I'd say I'm about.. 40% done with Oz. Ish. I've been fighting with various photo and formatting related things, so it's taken longer than I expected. Anyway, it's after midnight, so I'm gonna get some sleep, but first thing in the morning I'll be back to finish work on his CS. Promise. ;)

EDIT: Before I forget, I was also wondering if this group makes up all of the students at Bell Witch, or if there will be npc students and/or opportunities for more characters?
Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:59 am

Oh I know the struggles, that's why Twitch took so long. Formatting is a bitch.

I was actually planning on our characters being it. The mansion can only hold 15 people anyway, give or take, and it's kind of an out-of-practice structure by this point (last minute cases, worse of the worse, so on).

However if anyone would like NPC students, that's fine.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:11 am

Formatting took me at least a good hour for the initial, and then I say about add 20 minutes once I put in all the information. Writing different sections I got distracted a lot, I've been binge watching netflix for so long that I was having withdraws a little bit, haha.

None the less I am happy I have finished Charlotte. I didn't even realize what I named her and after I saw your name Charlotte, and I was all "oh yea." xD

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:17 am

There are so many Charlottes here. Me, a FC, and a character XD it's actually been weirder than I thought it would to see my name and it not be me you're talking about XD

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:19 am

It's happened to me in the past being in RP's when a character and a FC has the same name as me xD To be fair my real name is actually quite common. Curse my dad for that :P

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:29 am

I'm deffo fine without npc students, I just didn't want to assume anything.

My legal first and middle name are the most common thing ever and yet I have never had that problem omg.
Probably because my legal name is legit so boring no one wants to name their characters that :p
FCs though that happens. But nobody calls me my real name so most of the time I don't feel weird about it haha

ANYHOO I'm back to finish Oz yayyy. I actually love bbcode, after so long on Tumblr I'm just not used to it anymore. If I had to do this with html I would probably cry. I sort of forgot the limits of bbcode though and was probably trying to do things you can't really do lol. Plus Tinypic kept getting an error when I tried to upload my cropped/resized gifs and stuff and it got really frustrating.

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LivyGrey on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:45 pm

I'm loving Twitch's little theme song thingys by the way- Death of a Bachelor is my life now xD
My Little Tumblr Blog
"It's better to burn out than fade away,"
-Kurt Cobain

LivyGrey
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XViolet7 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:49 pm

AAh thank you I'm so excited xD

Okay my female character is as follows:

Magic: Magma creation & manipulation
Offense: Burning a town, turning it to magma
Time In Bell Witch: 2 Years
Face Claim: Holland Roden

Male staff member:

Magic: Ferrokinesis
Time In Bell Witch: 8 Year
Face Claim: Max Greenfield
XViolet7

XViolet7
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:33 pm

@Charlotte- you slipped up not using Crazy=Genius purely for the line "I'm a fucking arsonist" xD

Also, I should hopefully get some work done on Eli tonight, but no guarantees. There is a chance I won't have him finished by Wednesday, but I'll try!
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:17 pm

All I have left to do is a few song/pic related things and the physical section and then I'll be done omg finally.
So I'm gonna go get breakfast (I should have done that six hours ago wow) but then I'll finish him and sent him in.
The formatting might not be how I actually want it because the preview function is being wonky for me rn? But oh well.

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Dude Cat I had so many plans to make all his songs fire/arson related but when I was making his CS I had Death of a Bachlor playing in the background and then I was like "these songs are this kids freaking personality" so then that happened XD

Also Nez if you need to submit him so you can see the layout, that's cool. THe preview stops working once it gets too long.

Hopefully we can start this thing by Wedn or Thrusday. Super excited for it!

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:37 pm

DOAB was the only thing I listened to for about two days after it came out xD

Over the weekend, I had the entire Death of A Bachelor album pretty much on constant repeat, as well as Who Wants To Live Forever and The Show Must Go On by Queen, and then started listening to the Pretty Reckless (they're so good omfg) tonight, so that's influenced Eli a bit! I only have his history left to finish, so all going well tomorrow, I should get him finished. :D

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:12 pm

So I finished him, and I tried to submit, but I keep getting an error message..

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LivyGrey on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:17 pm

@iCat

The Pretty Reckless are amazing omg. Taylor Momsen is a Queen, I'm not even kidding.

@CharlotteV
Hey, just an update on Elspeth's CS- I've pretty much done everything formatting wise, need to add one more gift to neaten it up where I wrote too much and I need to write up the details of her history but everything else is done and ready to go. If there's anything you are unhappy with or want me to go back and revise or change, I'll gladly do so just let me know and she should be finished by Wednesday- in fact she definitely will be. Hope you like her so far!

LivyGrey
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:30 pm

For some reason I thought Crazy=Genious was by Fall Out Boy what is my damage? Oh and duuuude I love the pretty reckless!!

Nez if you're getting errors, try switching browsers. Internet Explorer to Firefox. Or Google Chrome. Usually that fixes it.

I'll be home in like half an hour to look things over ^^

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:57 pm

TPR is top notch. Taylor Momsen IS Queen @LivyGrey you're so right omg.

@CharlotteV I'm using Google Chrome and Firefox wasn't working on my computer anymore so I deleted it a few weeks ago I think? D: I'm gonna try closing everything then submitting again, and if that doesn't work, I'll restart my computer and try again. If it STILL doesn't work... Idk yet. But yeah.

I'm so excited to RP with you guys ugh.

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Idk what it is about this site but switching browers usually fixes the little things. If you're still having issues, I suggest re-downloading Firefox and trying it. Or, heaven forbid, the horror of internet explorer. I've used it sometimes when Firefox was being a pain in the ass. Anyway, it will let you through eventually. I'm so exited to see Oz though ><

Also I am FINALLY home so once I take care of some other stuff I'll sit down and make a little "About the Mansion" and an NPC thread. If you guys have any ideas, wants, or whatever definitely feel free to throw them may way. We're all writers here (most of you I know to be fantastic -- it's my first time writing with Cookiii and Nexxy but yo, so super excited) so please, don't hesitate to add things ^^

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:22 pm

So I did both of those things then re-installed Firefox and tried on there, and got the same error message every time. >_<

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Do you have any symbols or copied something from another site? If so take those out and then try. I don't know why it does that but you will always get an error :/

Sorry if that isn't the best composed sentence, I'm on my phone at the present moment.

Caille
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!