Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

:D

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

:D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MainMelody on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Uhm...
I hate to take up valuable space with my ramblings, but...

Hello, all?

I'm new 'round these parts, and hoping to make that fact known so I don't get eaten by randomly lurking in boards. :D

I hope to meet many new people and learn to improve my writing style through fun, epic journeys into the world of role playing. :3 I'd like to consider myself a little more advanced in the art, but I know that I'm probably going to eat those words upon my participation in the site.

So, I hope to meet you all, and I look forward to writing with everyone soon. :D

~M+M
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MainMelody
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: :D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EmberEm on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:33 pm

Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Fortune sides with she who dares.

Kerze: A Medieval Fantasy RP
Spots still available.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EmberEm
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Light_of_the_Fallen on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Its a pleasure to meet you and I have to say I love the little smiley face! Never seen anyone do that! ^o^

Ahem, anyway, ramblings deserve space sometimes because after all, you never know what valuable information could be stored in seemingly random talk! Such as the not eating part...X3

Heh, well anyway, I'm sure you'll meet plenty of wonderful people here who are more than willing to help you and possibly be friends. The roleplays are all different, interesting, and plenty so I'm sure you'll find some you'll like. As for your writing... I'm not that familiar with it so I guess I can't really say anything.. ^^; But I hope I will in the future! Maybe if you're interested, I might even see you in the Ultimate Organization! XD

Well I'll see ya around and I hope you have lots of fun and gain tons of experience here!

~Light

Light_of_the_Fallen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Welcome to the Gateway, Melody.

I am happy to be one of the few first people to welcome you to the gateway. I have not been here very long myself ether. It is a good forum , But you most likely made that perception yourself already. I tooam eager forward to meeting you in a Role Play in the nearby-distant(?) future, Maybe we will collide at some point when Apllying for one. I would like to make it clear that I look forward to that day and hope it is not too far away. Until then though. Good luck,Have fun and keep safe.

Out of curiosity, What kind of Role plays do you like? any game-film you like To Role Play?-

P.S your unkown friend, Statement

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fantasydancer on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Welcome to the site! You will defiantly have fun here!
"Write your heart out..."

Fantasydancer
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Hello Main Melody (Nice username! Where does it come from? It seems quite poetic! I like that! :) ), and welcome! (And MERRY (late) CHRISTMAS, too!)

It looks like I have the unique honor of being the VERY FIRST BLUE-NAMED (mentor) greeter to welcome you to our humble abode here at Roleplay Gateway (Unless Sko or someone beats me to the punch here by typing faster. Which happens. Quite often, actually.)! Angel-k beat me here though. We\'ve (meaning Orith Nar and I) had a running kind of friendly competition over the past few days over welcoming people first. (I\'ve been first for the last FIFTY-FIVE newbies here! Except the other thirty-nine where someone else beat me. . . But there WAS a straight chain of fifty-five new members for whom I was the first to greet! Lucky me! ........*cough*cough* Ahem. On to my welcome message.)

My name is Ylanne (makes a spiffy username too! ---> ), and I am the site\'s resident crime writer. I'm also an editor (so ask me about publishing and the process if you want to learn) and part-time teacher (I also write poetry on occasion, which you can sometimes find here if you care). As one of the site Mentors (blue usernames ---> ), you should feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, problems, suggestions, or requests in regards to the site, your roleplaying, and/or your writing. I would be happy to help you in any way I can, in any way necessary or desired. I respond to all queries within 24 hours. Because you are new to this site, I highly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity (so you get help from someone, like me, or, say, another mentor, designated by blue usernames)!

I prefer modern/realistic roleplay, and especially character-driven stories (basically literary work), but am open to almost anything. The only setting I will never do under any circumstances whatsoever is cybering, or any game or writing inclusive of sexual content beyond what is seen in a PG-13 film. I tend to be advanced/literate and write upwards of 500-750 words on average per post, so I expect the same from most others; however, semi-literate also appeals to me, so two paragraphs can work well too. The average around this site is about a paragraph for forum IC posts, and two sentences for chat IC posts; this ranges from a few words per forum IC post to a short story length forum IC post (like me). :)

If you\'re interested in private roleplay, just drop me a line. (You can email me at ylanne @ sorrows.tk (remove the spaces), but don\'t send any attachments, or your email will go unopened). Feel free to check out the links in my signature. I have an interest check you might like - a warning though: it\'s all modern and realistic settings. That being said, here\'s hope you have a wonderful time here! The folks round here are great (well, 99.5% of them, about 99.5% of the time. See Discussion and Debate board area for examples of not so greatness). You can find practically everything here that you\'ve ever imagined or could want to write, read, or roleplay - and if you for some crazy reason you don\'t see it, feel free to create it. We encourage creativity - it\'s the reason the site exists. Other than Eric having way too much free time on his hands! To shamelessly advertise, check out Hayya, which is a character-driven advanced/literate dark fantasy open roleplay. It's my only non-realistic roleplay I've ever written and it needs characters! :)

Now, I know that other mentors, global moderators, and administrators often post links to helpful threads, but I don\'t have those links, so you might want to either wait for Skallagrim or ShatteredSoul to post them, or just PM one of those two directly. They tend to post the afore-referenced links.

And once again, welcome!

Blessings and peace and Merry Christmas,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan-101 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Hello Melody, welcome to the Gateway! ^w^

spartan-101
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan-101 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Hello Melody, welcome to the Gateway! ^w^

spartan-101
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MainMelody on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:29 pm

First of all, thank you for the kind welcome, everyone! :3

To Light_of-the-Fallen:
I have a tendancy to use quite a lot of smilies in my OOC writing. lol I'm glad you like them---keep on the lookout for others if you care to, since I manage to come up with some pretty crazy ones. >=]
It's a pleasure to meet you as well, by the way. :D

To Statement:
I look forward to running into you in a role play as well, and it's wonderful to meet you. :D
To answer your question, I do, in fact, do fanfic, game, and movie role plays as long as the plot makes sense. Any game that I've played I'll do a role play for, along with any movie that I like---such as Pirates of the Caribbean, for example, since I noticed your lovely Sparrow avatar. lol x3

As for you, Ylanne, it's great to meet you as well, and I'm glad the other **blue-named mentors** didn't get to me first. x3 I'll be sure to turn to you if ever I need help with anything, and I'll try not to be annoying about it.
As for your writing, I look forward to seeing it.
Thank you for taking the time to welcome me, and I'll be sure to check out everything that you've mentioned---especially Hayya, it sounds like a blast. =]
Oh, I'm sorry... I nearly forgot to answer your question... Though I do love to write poetry, my username stems from my love of music. I'm a singer, and when on stage I love to stand out. Sort of like the main event of a concert is what it was supposed to be. Music means more to me than a lot of things in life, and the ability to focus on it above so many other things is really a special feeling.

Ahh, I feel bad that I couldn't make this longer, but it seems I'm at a loss for words right now...
Again, thank you, all. Very much. x]

MainMelody
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Light_of_the_Fallen on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Your welcome and I must warn you, I tend to use them a lot as well! }:3

I'll make sure to keep a look out and hey, maybe one day we could have like a smiley face competition! XD
Just kidding, but who knows. =3

Hm, well I'm not sure what else to say. Oh, are you a Pirates of the Caribbean fan? =o
I love all the movies and Jack Sparrow is absolutely awesome! X3

But anyway, yeah. ^^;
~Light

Light_of_the_Fallen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!