Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Yo!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Yo!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Sun May 04, 2008 2:43 pm

Awright, so to make this quick...The name's Michael. I've been roleplaying since I was nine, mostly text-based. I came, recently, from RPGFO (yes, I know, a rival forum of this one) and RPG Sanctuary (my own). I'm just looking to find some good RPs, and make a few friends that like doing the same kind of thing I do. I'm a moderator for the Persistent World RP over on RPGFO, and I'm the first person there ever to have reached 5000 posts in less then six months. So, if you're wondering, yes...I'm the kind of person that sticks to something when I join in it, lmao. If you have any other questions, feel free to give a shout via PM or this thread...or even via IM if you can find my messenger names. Until I meet you all out of the Forums, thanks for having me, and have to have alot o' fun with you guys.

Thanks,
-HuntMaster
-[Welcome to Purgatory]-
-[Revered Chaotic]
-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Yo!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun May 04, 2008 3:03 pm

OMG! I love your avie. =D And happy to have ya here, if you need any help then feel free to pm any of us and we'll be glad to help. ^_^ Mid~
Bai Bai bby

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm

Haha...dang. I need to get used to the text sizing on this forum >_< the small size I like to use is normally like ten...it's 85 on this o.O;; Anywho, yeah. I'm probably just gonna be looking around for today...got a little RP idea up in the OOC Section, so I'll see how that goes. You know...I'm surprised you don't have some sort of Persistent World RP for this site. Something to do with Gundam Wing would actually make a fine PWRP. *chuckles* Anyways...yeah, I'll definitely hit one of you guys up if I need anythin'. Any chance you could point me to a list of staff, just in case?

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun May 04, 2008 3:38 pm

I think the site did have something like that, ages ago. Not really sure. And ya can keep the front how ever you like, =D. And the staff is located on the bottom of the main forum page. They're in their own groups, like click Admin and it'll show ya whose who.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Sun May 04, 2008 3:52 pm

I like the way they have those signets set up for the user groups. Might consider asking one of the admins if they could help me out with something like that for my forum, lol...assuming any of the admins are social...o.0

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun May 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Yes, Rem. He's pretty awesome and he's awesome with stuff like that. He's also our boss, XD. Although, I'm not sure if most of the other members have really noticed those. Lawl.

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Sun May 04, 2008 4:09 pm

Roffel. Most of the time, that's how it is...-.-;;

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun May 04, 2008 4:14 pm

LOL! Well I don't mind teaching'em things and what not, so :P

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Sun May 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Welcome to the site!
I am known as Rose. You can find me haunting the rafters of the chatbox or lurking amongst the many threads of rp.
Hope this site is enjoyable and you meet bunches of people, like I have.
Welcome to the group! Hope to see you around either in the chatbox or upon the pages.
The poem in my signature is a description of the type of people you'll meet here. So read it and have a few chuckles or laughs on me.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Sun May 04, 2008 4:31 pm

So, lemme ask. Where would you recommend me starting my little tour of this forum? I've already checked out a few topics, and what not...but I figure since you're a Global, you should be able to help easy enough, right? lol

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Sun May 04, 2008 4:34 pm

I'd read the rules and regs first and foremost, then I'd move onto whatever type of rp you like to do and see if there's something you'd like to join or post a new thread.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Sun May 04, 2008 4:39 pm

Everything kind of seems to be a little far ahead. Plus, I have a tendency to find too many interesting RPs and then get myself in a pickle with like ten RPs, twelve characters, and not enough cookies. o_O

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Sun May 04, 2008 4:42 pm

I know what you mean by getting into too many. I'm in quite a few now. What type of RP do you like? I can help you out, I've got my nose in a RP in each section...

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Sun May 04, 2008 5:01 pm

That's just it, lol. I like all kinds, it just depends on how the story goes, and what kind of mood I'm in. o.O

Edit: Yep...I did it again, lmao

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Sun May 04, 2008 5:09 pm

lol... well there's few threads I'm in that need a few more people. Check out The Pursuit of Bloodwing, in the futuristic, that's one that I made, it's got four people, three extremely active, including myself. I can do some looking for you, if you'd like.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun May 04, 2008 6:35 pm

Now that I'm not to sure about, ^^;; I'm usually doing like OMGEE things and forget to look everywhere so I basically stick to the OOC board and hope something opens up. But Rose can help, XD *pushes Rose to the dog-- I mean... friends* <<;; *coughs*

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axanthisis on Sun May 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Well if you are looking for an Fantasy type RP, I've started one called the Mainland (you can find it somewhere in the OOC forum, on page two I think.

Or better yet, I'll just get you a link (the random excerpt at the top of the page happened to be from my rp).
the-mainland-where-there-are-gods-t5166.html

There aren't a lot of members, but I've made them all promise they will post at least once a week (or they will get kicked >D) so it should be fairly consistent.

Axanthisis
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon May 05, 2008 8:05 am

Welcome to RolePlayGateway! I'm glad you're here, and I'm totally psyched that you're not only into the classic Gundam Wing thing, but a persistent world style of roleplay.

Number one, though - we don't have competitors. We totally encourage people to move freely from site to site, and to play wherever it is that they feel like playing. Hey, we even let people advertise here!

If you have any questions that aren't handled by our Support Team or our Global Moderators, please just let me or any of the other Administrators know and we'll be more than happy to help you out.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revered Chaotic on Mon May 05, 2008 11:07 am

See? Now THAT is something few other forums do...hardly ever do you see an admin get involved in welcoming newbies to the site. Thanks, man. I'll definitely be asking a few questions every now and then. Just gotta get my feet wet, first, lol.

Revered Chaotic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue May 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Absolutely no problem at all. Again, welcome to the site. Let us all know if you need any help, have any questions, or if you want to make suggestions.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!