Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Veteran On A New Site

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Veteran On A New Site

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sai Rhavan on Thu May 08, 2008 8:08 am

I've seen this name pop up hundreds of times before, but I never really thought about posting here, never thought it would be a structured organized place.

Buuuut, of course I was wrong. This site has more to it than I've seen at a lot of other places that I attend, and I'm glad to be a member.

I've been roleplaying for quite some time now, starting off in Yahoo chat rooms and developing my current writing style to what it is today. I try my hardest, and that's all that truthfully counts. The rest is just about having fun when I write. ^-^

So yeah.. this is my introduction post. *Sips coffee*

XD

Anyways, I have a small question. Is there a section for advertising, or is it against rules? If so, I'll shut up. Don't think I came here solely for advertising, but I am an Admin on a seperate forum, and It'd be appreciated.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights!

Sai

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sai Rhavan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Veteran On A New Site

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu May 08, 2008 8:18 am

Generally, we're really cool about advertising - we are, after all, a Gateway. There is a thread that is an authoritative list of places to roleplay, which is where we want you to advertise.

All that being said, welcome to RolePlayGateway! It's always good to have experienced roleplayers here to set solid examples for the droves of beginners that we are so fortunate to have - there's a real need for leadership and guidance so that tomorrow's generation of roleplayers might be able to do the same.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Thu May 08, 2008 10:46 am

What he said! =D Happy to have ya here, ^^ if ya have anymore questions feel free to ask.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sai Rhavan on Thu May 08, 2008 11:15 am

Well, I posted in there but I forgot to copy my typings, so I'll re make an advertisement later. -_-;
I'll be updating my profile after I get out of classes, so that's something to look forward to at least.

And thank you so much for the warm welcome. I'll do my best to also help newer roleplayers along. ^_^

Sai Rhavan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu May 08, 2008 11:56 am

Welcome! I am DGG-009, Ryand Smith! I am happy to welcome you to this part of the global inter-network. May you have a pleasant RP.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Thu May 08, 2008 8:12 pm

Hello! I'm Mr_Hyde. I come around and randomly spam people and your my next victim. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!....

Now that I've got that out of the way hello and welcome to RPGateway. You should probably read the Rules and check out the RP Peeves list before you start doing much. Other than that welcome and have fun.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Ivory on Fri May 09, 2008 1:20 am

I used to Roleplay in Yahoo too. What realm?
...You want pic do you?

Mr_Ivory
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri May 09, 2008 1:33 am

Welcome aboard!

I'm the loveable Rose. Feel free to ask any questions!!!!

-Rose
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sai Rhavan on Fri May 09, 2008 7:40 am

I used to RP in the custom made Chat rooms, usually the AHS. ^-^

Well, I have to leave on a 3 day trip. I know, my timing to joining here was like, suckage.

I hope to RP with all of you when I get back, though. n.n

Sai Rhavan
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!