Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Assassin's Pledge: Awakening

a part of “Assassin's Pledge: Awakening”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

The Red-Eyed Demon stalks the landscape of Cre' Est in his hunt to survive the last remnants of Te'i Sai. Along the way he will chance to meet people who will change his life forever.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Assassin's Pledge: Awakening”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Welcome everyone to Assassin's Pledge: Awakening!

In this RP, you are free to create a character of any walk of life suitable for a late-medieval setting in a more or less parallel world to our own. The supernatural elements present are the Demon within Kyero's body and the existence of demonic entities in the Nether Realm.

Those elements do not feature beyond Kyero's Demon though. Sorry.

There is no magic in this RP either. Everything is based in reality and the laws of physics. Kyero, despite his heightened senses and reflexes, is a normal human being who happens to be the most famous and feared assassin in the world. But he is human, through and through.

All of your characters will be perfectly human as well, which is your only real constraint if you can call it that. Lol.

So feel free to make any kind of character you want. The RP focuses on the power of human will against overwhelming odds as a theme, so the more difficult your character's life is or has been the better ;D

Along the way the goal is to have these various people who all have their own unique struggles find common ground and learn and grow together as they fight for survival. So if this appeals to you, feel free to say "hi" and make a character!

I'll be looking forward to it!

See you soon!
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Assassin's Pledge: Awakening

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:31 pm

I maybe interested in joining. Combing through the important info has given me quite a bit to work with though! Question though, as Saharan families give each member three different weapons, are they expected to learn all three or specialize in one? (More of a Sword person myself. XD) Asking because I might be making one. Also does the Name rule apply to last names as well?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:38 pm

Hello Firewind.

Basic use of three is a requirement, but you're only expected to master one of them in Shaharan.

And it's only a rule for first names. Last names are open to whatever.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:43 pm

Thank you! I’ll get right to making him then! :3

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 am

Awesome, thank you!

I look forward to seeing your character!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 am

Hmmm, this rpg seems interesting, but I have several questions before I decide to fully commit.

1. How long has Veilbrand's dictator been in power now? And what did he do to get into that position?

2. Which kingdom will the RPG start in?

3. Will all chars start out separately?

4. What is the ultimate focus of this RPG? Eliminate the rest of that group of assassins or is the plot pretty open?

5. Can I have a more specific timeline on what kind of era the rpg takes place? We talking Middle age types when there's no electricity?

I think that's it for now. If I have anymore I'll ask them. Thank you.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:01 am

Good questions Zodia195.

1) Veilbrand's dictator, Egruus To' Veilbrand, has been in power for 12 years.

2) Cre' Est is our starting location, the village of Atlum, to be exact. It's in the intro post I have put up in the "History" tab of the RP.

3) The characters can start out separately, but the sooner they group up the better.

4) The ultimate focus is pretty open ended. Helping Kyero finish off Te'i Sai is kind of an optional side mission, if you will. The main focus is simply surviving life in this RP's world which is rather harsh, especially if you travel any decent length of time for a living with all the dangerous creatures.

5) This is a late-medieval time period where the flintlock pistol and single shot rifle are the pinnacle of weapon's technology. There is no electricity yet. Every light is either oil or candle wick. Horse drawn carriages or simply riding your own horse are the most reliable and fastest methods of traveling. And overall things are kept very simple.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:09 am

I have another question- Would it be possible for a citizen of Veilbrand to flee somewhere else?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:11 am

Yes, it would.

Egruus is a selfish and power-hungry man who cares nothing about the people. So long as they either stay quiet or do as they're told, he's good.

If they flee, he won't even notice. He's that self absorbed.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:39 am

Okay! Lonán is done! I hope you like him and I look forward to participating with everyone! :3

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:24 am

Approved!

Give us some time to see if Zodia195 finishes a character, and maybe see if anyone else joins up, and we can get started proper in the next couple days!

Until then feel free to post something to intro your character to the world!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:43 pm

Intro post done! Looking forward to seeing Zodia’s char and hopefully others joining! :D

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:31 am

Awesome!

I am going to wait until about Friday or so before I really kick things off in the RP to give others time to express interest and potentially join and/or make characters.

So sit tight and, if need be, keep posting for Lonán if you have time. Linde is going to continue helping the wounded or sickly, so she's not going anywhere just yet.

If you need help putting something together for Lonán to do, just let me know and I'll help you brainstorm things he can do to keep himself occupied until Friday when things kick into gear!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Yo, Ryuu. Mind if I snag a character in this? If so, any specific role you want me to take on, or is any fine? And by any, I mean what's allowed in the world obviously.

Think I got the basic rules and laws of the RP, just need an okay to start on my character and I will get right on it. ^^
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Hey Wolf!

Sure! Go ahead and make whatever kind of character you want.

The only constraints are that they fit in a late-medieval setting and are not part of, nor have any connection (either of their own or extended family/friends) to Te'i Sai.

Outside of that, the sky's the limit!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Sweet! An old character of mine will most likely than not belong way too well in this, as she is originally from a semi medieval story. So this will be perfect! ^-^ Getting to work on it right away!

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Sitting tight and hello to Wolf’s Bane! Lonán is just searching for the village stable ( or does it count as a corral? My lingo is a bit jumbled. XS). So unless communicated by other characters or a suggestion of shenanigans of some sort I’ve no clue what to do with him til the story kicks into gear. So again I say, imma sit tight. :3

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:29 pm

If things are not to your liking, let me know what I need to change, and I'll get right on it, Ryuu!

And salutations, FireWind, good seeing you. ^-^)/

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:08 pm

It looked fine to me Wolf!

You're accepted and good to post an intro for her whenever you're ready.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Awesome! Will think of a good intro for her very soon! ^-^

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!