Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Gods

The Gods

a part of “The Gods”, a fictional universe by almostinsane.

Men have always told stories about the Gods, powerful beings deserving of worship, fierce in anger and generous when pleased. Embark upon a journey as the powerful god of your civilization as you lead your people. (NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW CHARACTERS)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Gods”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Gods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat May 21, 2011 1:21 pm

(NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW CHARACTERS)

Welcome to the OOC thread for: "The Gods"

For as long as sentient races have walked upon the world, there have been gods. Powerful beings ruling over the essence of the land itself, over the land itself, over elements such as water, earth, fire, and the air above or even of the vices or virtues of the human heart. No one knows how they came to be or if they weren't always there as some deities claim. From the beginning, civilizations have chosen a particular god to worship, to adopt their virtues and precepts as their own and these gods have rewarded them, making their civilizations powerful or prosperous. Like any other being, these gods can be benevolent or diabolical and, often, two or more gods would have opposing ideologies that are embodied by the civilizations of their followers. Whether in peace or war, the gods are present in everyday life of the citizens of Ashariel, though few see them or recognize them if they do. For the gods do not walk among mortals.

It is early in the history of your people. The peoples upon the Isle of Ashariel have built great civilizations and prosper. As your people's god and Avatar leader, the future looks bright. But there are other peoples, other gods, other Avatars, some with different ideologies than yours. Do you seek peace and prosperity as you merely defend your people or glory and conquest as you create the greatest civilization on earth and become the most powerful of all the gods?

I am currently debating on creating an IC-thread on the forums or roleplaying on the Tab. Your input would be appreciated, though the final decision will rest with myself. Thanks for taking a look at my roleplay.

Gods

Ulmo, god of the Sea/Waters by almostinsane

god of Music by SolrSurfr3

Mask, god of Corruption/Crime by Saxious

Urgael, god of Orcs by Saxious

Nemea, goddess of Skilled Craft, the Hearth, and Gossip by Oran Tarlin

Grungi, god of the Dwarves, Crafting, and Mining by Blazin Beard

Asyrr'ya, Elven goddess of Forests and Magic by Designation Kik

Riso and Raven, god of Happiness and Dawn, and goddess of Sorrow and Dusk by LuckyNumber24

Aleron, god of Lighting, thunder, storms, and wind by zane saphire

Mori, god of death and mortality by Sciamancer

Genocide, god of war by Wake

Kildarien, god of justice by Blazin Beard

Jiraba, god of terror and darkness by Derotzka

Kéndi and Zari, goddess of the full moon, hunt, children, and wild animals, and goddess of the new moon, witchcraft, cross-roads, and doorways by leopardspotz17

Draig, The Dragon-Lord of Fire and the Mountain Airs. The Flame-singer and the Wyrmkin. The Maw of Fire, Mountain-scales, and Lord of the Ancient hunters by Talisman

Artanis, goddess of the sixth sense by mistsong99

Ke'yei, god of Lifeblood, Passion, and Rage by NewKidOnTheBlock

Aisha, goddess of Love and beauty, Motherhood and fertility, and sexuality by gaiadarkstar

Shaddam, god of Swamps, Healing, and Mists by Khorudan

Mastalki, god of Prosperity, Master of Invention and Architecture, Protector of Farmers, Keeper of the Moonshield Isle by NarrowEye

Icarvi, god of weak, oppresed, and slightly dead

Azrael, god of Deserts

Ryaloth, Goddess of the Underdark, Dread Queen of the Dark Elves

Asiysia, The Bearer and Origin of Light and Life

Grumpsh, god of secrets, silence, and lost things by Oran Tarlin

Eon, god of????

Clarifications
Avatar: This is your immortal/mortal leader of your people. what I mean by 'immortal/mortal', I mean that your avatar can't die from age, but he/she/it can still be killed by other mortal matters, such as poison and murder (of course, this is up to you to decide if it will happen). There can only be one avatar at the time guys, so no 'Avatar Army' okay? He or she is connected to his or her god and can be summoned by them or communicate telepathically.

Secondary Characters: Other characters you may create amongst your people, like generals, special servants, high priests, etc. These people are pure mortals, but they are better than the average people and perhaps close to the avatar himself/herself! There is no limit for how many you can have of these people, and like the avatar, you decide when they die.

Wounds: Just in general, I would encourage everyone to give some bruisers and cuts to your 'good guys'. This is optional, so no pressure here, just a suggestion/tip.

New Races: Well, the world will already have orc, ogres, dwarfs and elves (supposing the other players will join), but please inform everyone about the creation of a new race, and include, in a post, about their creation.

Technology: To narrow it all down, we are going to be in a fantasy ancient/medieval times. That means that, yes, there can be firearms, but they would be crude, so that means early muskets and cannons.
Last edited by almostinsane on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Gods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolrSurfr3 on Sat May 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Would it be possible for me to reserve the god of music?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SolrSurfr3
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zane saphire on Sat May 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Is the avatar the form of your god in human form, or is it a separate person, also there is a infinite possibilities of god's a person can choose.

zane saphire
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat May 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Already reserving, solrsurfr3.

As for the avatar, zane, he or she is a separate person with a connection to his or her god. I shall have to post that and some other information. And, yes, there are an infinite number of gods someone can choose to create.

Edit: I have some clarificatins up on the Tab. If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me or post them here.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazin Beard on Sat May 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Nooo!! someone claimed god of orcs and that wasnt put up till after I posted my god of orcs -_- SOB!... aww whatever I guess ill just have to figure something else out.

EDIT: Well.... crap. OK, before I make yet another god (I cringe to think of how much effort I shall have to put in once again) I would like to claim god of the dwarves, crafting, and mining since they go together.
Nail: "guru sir, we have another traveler from earth!"
Super Kami Guru: "oh tell me you didn't let him inside..."
Gohan:"Hello mr. guru"
Super Kami Guru: "Oh god damnit!!!"
Gohan: "Mr. Guru, sir, my friend Krillin told me that you could help us by touching me."
Super Kami Guru: "Do I look Catholic to you?"

Blazin Beard
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat May 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Alright. Reserving. You can message Saxious if you' want the god of orcs badly enough. He's a reasonable person, I've found.

Reserving your god, Blazin.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazin Beard on Sat May 21, 2011 3:01 pm

No its fine, I am content with my dwarf.

Blazin Beard
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat May 21, 2011 3:12 pm

I am very happy with your dwarf too. I love it! I especially love your decision to leave your Avatar and gods as enigmatic figures! And your civilizations is wonderfully complex. I'm glad to accept him first. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Sat May 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Wow, I love the idea. Can I reserve a goddess of magick, the land and forrests?
Come to the edge,
We can't, we're afraid,
Come to the edge,
We can't, we will fall
Come to the edge,
And they came
And He pushed them
And they flew
--Guillame Appolinaire

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Sat May 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Would it be possible for me to have two gods, if they are constantly together.
Like a Goddess of Morning and God of Celebration? Or like a Goddess of Night and a God of Day?
Of course each of them individually wouldn't be as strong as a independent god.
Just a question.

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zane saphire on Sat May 21, 2011 3:55 pm

After some thought I decided that I'll make a god, I'll reseve the god of Lighting, thunder, storms, and wind base stuff.

zane saphire
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat May 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Yes, that's permitted, lucky number, and I'll put the reserves up as soon as possible. Right now, I have to go. I'm happy to see the interest in this roleplay.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Sat May 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Ok.
Then I'll make a God of Happiness and Dawn and a Goddess of Sorrow and Dusk. :)

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mistsong99 on Sat May 21, 2011 4:59 pm

I would be interested in joining this rp, if there is room for me that is, I was thinking that I would make a Goddess of "the sixth sense" i.e. empathy/telepathy/telekinetic/communing with ghosts (medium) or general extrasensory perception? etc... would that work? Let me know, this rp looks really cool.
~mist

mistsong99
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Sat May 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I've just submitted the deity of mortality and death, woo. I've made him a bit... different. If you don't like it, that's fine, I've got some other ideas for gods in mind.

Oh, and hi, almostinsane! Remember me from Insurrection? Didn't realize it was your RP until I was halfway through writing the profile xD Don't let it influence your decision on accepting my profile, though. Really.

This character might not fit your specs; if not, tell me if I can fix it. If not, like I said, I can make a completely different one.
1. Join ASCO
2. Fight the monster.
3. Protect the people.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat May 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Noting the reserves.

And, hi, Sciamancer. Your character is strange, but seems well-written. I can accept him if you'd like, but your people won't really be as strong or prosperous as, say, the dwarves or the Avuvians. You're free to make multiple gods/civilizations, of course while still playing Mori.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Sat May 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Awesome, thanks. I wrote it (Mori... need a better genderless pronoun) to be like that, sort of. People may find it strange, but I like playing characters at a disadvantage. You know my characters from Insurrection. I once roleplayed a blind werewolf in a vampire/werewolf RP. It's weird. I guess it helps me make sure I'm not godmoding? Anyway, I might make another, I'm not really sure. I kind of want to see how the RP will go, as I'm not entirely sure how RPing an entire civilization will work, to be honest. New experience for me. xD

I based the Mora very loosely on the Romani (or "Gypsies") in a few aspects. No doubt saying that will get someone pissed off at me...

EDIT: So yeah, approve it if you're okay with it, I'm alright with playing at a disadvantage.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat May 21, 2011 6:02 pm

If you don't mind me having two, I've got an idea for a god of death and a god of war.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat May 21, 2011 6:09 pm

You're free to make a god of war, Wake, but Sciamancer has a god of death and mortality already.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazin Beard on Sat May 21, 2011 7:17 pm

@ Almostinsane Thank you. I am rather proud of my dwarves. They are based off warhammer dwarves, who I think display the best dwarves: Stubborn, vengeful, and superstitious with just the right amount of love of beer and magnificent beards thrown into the mix.

@ Sciamancer Oh a god of war. I respect you already just for doing that. I did a rp kind of like this where I to played a god of war. Its harder but really fun and rewarding.

Blazin Beard
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!