Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Crappy Role-Playing

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby †§K¥€† on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:18 pm

liek, oMg, Okashii, pwn me wit j00r 1337 skillz!
"The more you disapprove, the more fun it is for me."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

†§K¥€†
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:41 pm

Okashii isn't 1337. Okashii doesn't have skillz. Do not ever make that mistake again. :(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Daigotsu
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby †§K¥€† on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:46 pm

I guess the sarcasm went over a few heads :P

†§K¥€†
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:52 pm

Nah, it didn't. But it's not funny to joke like that. :(

Daigotsu
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:01 pm

Wow, Skye too now huh? Guess we will have a pretty decent forum role-playing scene.

I also want to let you AL'ers know that not all roleplay will be on the forums. A lot of the players here are chat-based, as I started out, and quite a bit of gameplay will take place in the site's chat room. It's still not perfect and needs a few things added and adjusted, but it will be quite nice once Master has finished it.

Don't worry, we shall make sure to regulate role-playing scenes on the forums and in the chat so that they don't interfere with one another directly.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okashii Kessen on Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:58 pm

Damn you, Blade... >.<

OK...so someone is going to have to explain to me when I'll need to be in the chat, and when it's OK to stay in the forum. Because you know I'll stay in the forum as much as possible. I can't write so well when I have to do it fast <_<

Okashii Kessen
Member for 19 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:20 pm

Any serious action should take place in the chat. Posting about these actions as a record or announcement of them happening should be in forums. I'll remove the boards if people decide to RP on the forums alone. GundamWing.com never had a forum. It's just an addition I thought would be helpful when people want the info to get out.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:46 pm

Serious action being massive attacks and one-on-one battles directly tied to the RPG.

All you forum fanatics can still spar against one another if'n ya like.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:07 pm

Andy's got the idea.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:38 pm

Geeze!!!

It's getting to where a person can't go anywhere without seeing the same faces over and over again!!

This post has been spam, curtesy of Faith.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:21 pm

Master wrote:Any serious action should take place in the chat. Posting about these actions as a record or announcement of them happening should be in forums. I'll remove the boards if people decide to RP on the forums alone. GundamWing.com never had a forum. It's just an addition I thought would be helpful when people want the info to get out.

TELL ME HOW ZE DAMN CHAT WORKS AND I SHALL USE IT DARN IT!

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:51 pm

Well Nicci, some of us haven't put out an effort yet ^^

Daigotsu
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:16 am

Nicci wrote:Yeah.. I'm not sure why but for some reason the thought of Andy being unofficially in charge of role playing bothers me.

OUCH! >.o
Nicci wrote:You guys whine about people with bad role playing but you have to ask yourselves a few questions before you try to whack them with the twig of justice.

I'm not beating anyone down here but I've seen several of you role play before (and I'm only talking about forum based at the moment-) and I know there are things you could use to improve on... Isn't it somewhat hypocritical to try and force education on people when you, yourself, aren't fully educated?

As with the Itto Ryu, or whatever, some people just don't have the talent it takes to role play well.

Yeh. That's about all I have to contribute to this conversation.

Well put. I'm not asking for amazing writing, however. Simply for training. I don't think everyone here is great and surely several of us could use some work. As for myself, I think my time at AL has paid off and I can now call myself decent. As for any others, education usually doesn't hurt. If the medicine needs to be prescribed to the doctor, so be it.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okashii Kessen on Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:41 pm

Teh Andy wrote:As for myself, I think my time at AL has paid off and I can now call myself decent.

*coughs LOUDLY*

<_<

And WHO do you have to thank for that? WHO discovered you? Hmmm?

:P

Okashii Kessen
Member for 19 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:25 pm

Okashii Kessen wrote:
Teh Andy wrote:As for myself, I think my time at AL has paid off and I can now call myself decent.

*coughs LOUDLY*

<_<

And WHO do you have to thank for that? WHO discovered you? Hmmm?

:P

Jeebus?

AL has actually worsened my RPing. Or barely kept it on the same course. My 'home' forums made me get alot better with in just weeks.

Warr
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:26 pm

The old AL RP forum was better. This new breed of mods/members are very good.

Daigotsu
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Daigotsu wrote:The old AL RP forum was better. This new breed of mods/members are very good.

I'd have to agree. The mods are quite friendly and helpful when help is needed.

I'm an assista to CS as soon as the REAL AL is back up...

Warr
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:29 pm

I typed that wrong...

they AREN'T good

They don't know how to implement what they run very well.

Daigotsu
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:32 pm

The mods on many other forums I frequent are better.

The mods here are signifigantly better in some ways.

Warr
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:35 pm

We don't have any mods here! *smacks Warrius*

None that give us training anyway. *glares evily at Master*

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!