Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

GT2008: The Main OOC (Finals Begin 11/28)

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: GT2008: The Main OOC (Semifinals.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:28 am

As a great man by the name of Zhelir Darkfall once said, with a few changes added, mind you:

Arrogance, don't compare this tournament to the Crimson Knight war. "It's like comparing shit to diarrhea."

Either way, there's only one word I can think of to describe what this tournament has been for me, and a few others as well:

CATASTROFUCK!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: GT2008: The Main OOC (Semifinals.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:44 am

I'd like to apologize first and foremost for missing the round end date, which should have been the 21st. I am locking both of the fights (since they've both degraded to arguments anyway) and discarding combat posts made after the deadline. However, these posts will be kept and still considered for the writing and roleplaying prizes, but will not be considered in the final judgments.

I'll have the finals posted by Thursday.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: GT2008: The Main OOC (Finals Begin 11/28)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Well that's probably not so great for me, but this mess has been a blast for the past week anyway so I regret nothing.

We deal in lead.

Asimov
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:14 pm

Circ, do us all a favor and try to go easy on Asimov. My fear of deja vu is starting to kick in yet again.

On a side-note, I have another quick question about that anti-magic of yours, Asimov.

How does anti-magic repair reality, when in order for magic to even exist at all it has to be a part of that reality, which contradicts itself, and defeats the purpose of anti-magic altogether. Otherwise, it's the equivalent to taking something from another reality and forcing it on the reality that the person is currently residing in.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but my brain is running around in circles trying to figure that out.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:18 pm

Alucroas wrote:Circ, do us all a favor and try to go easy on Asimov. My fear of deja vu is starting to kick in yet again.

I haven't been declared the winner of my own match. However, if I am, I don't see why I would fight Asimov. He (obviously) lost his match. That's why I said the tournament is over. There is nobody for the winner of my round to fight.

Edit: this is kind of non sequitur, but when I saw it I thought of Asimov. As a hint, there is nothing in the Black Knight's helmet.

conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:05 pm

Heads, Circ wins. Tails, I'm inconsistent.

I'll take tails.

A man chooses, a slave obeys. - Andrew Ryan

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:06 pm

To answer your question, Alucroas, the Technocrats use their own non-magical universe as the baseline for anti-magic equations, and simply derive their progressions from the relative mathematics of whatever universe they're currently working in. If it's an inherently non-magical universe, then magic suspends the laws of reality and is easy to reverse. If it is an inherently magical universe, then it's a lot harder.

And with that, peace out ladies. I probably won't be back.

Asimov
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:38 pm

Is the thread for the final match taking place somewhere else? Or is it already over?

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:21 pm

TwilightShade wrote:Is the thread for the final match taking place somewhere else? Or is it already over?

No, Remaeus is just being a lazy bastard as usual, doing nothing but playing EVE and even speaking for at least a half an hour in-chat, while completely ignoring the question: "When are you going to throw up the final thread?"

That answer your question?

Alucroas
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:35 pm

Yeah... finals were kind of supposed to start... two days ago.

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:42 pm

No, Remaeus is just being a lazy bastard as usual, doing nothing but playing EVE and even speaking for at least a half an hour in-chat, while completely ignoring the question: "When are you going to throw up the final thread?"

Haha yeah, that'll do just fine.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:36 pm

Lol, can't wait for the final match.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:38 pm

Alucroas wrote:
TwilightShade wrote:Is the thread for the final match taking place somewhere else? Or is it already over?

No, Remaeus is was just being a lazy bastard as usual, doing and was doing nothing but playing EVE and even speaking for at least a half an hour in-chat, while completely ignoring the question: "When are you going to throw up the final thread?"

Thread was up when you posted this, by the way. Quote is fixed. Finals in progress. Also, for what it's worth, the question got asked four times that day and I answered it three.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:16 pm

I feel that the way my match was judged was complete and utter bullshit, and I feel that I should be whispered the judgments made on my match with Circ. Besides that, I composed a page of evidence collected from our match that will remind the judge how to TB and points out the big fat mode that should had been obviously seen that was made by my opponent.

All of that is right here
ImageI am an American Soldier.

The Maker of Epic Role Plays
The Chef Ramsay of RP

Role Play Consultant -If you need help with anything role play-related or concerning your writing ability, drop me a line.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Sonata wrote:I feel that the way my match was judged was complete and utter bullshit, and I feel that I should be whispered the judgments made on my match with Circ. Besides that, I composed a page of evidence collected from our match that will remind the judge how to TB and points out the big fat mode that should had been obviously seen that was made by my opponent.

All of that is right here

I can see how this seems to be some shot-taking at Remaeus for not sticking to the rules, as everyone says he is, but what the fuck does it have to do with the fight, itself?

Circ PM'd me the discussion pertaining to the fight, and frankly, it wasn't very helpful. Sounded more like some tongue-in-cheek questions being exchanged, which doesn't get anyone anywhere due to the very nature of "tongue-in-cheek"

So, here's some friendly advice from me to you, because...well to put it bluntly: I dislike people who complain about their losses, then provide some cryptic video as to why they should be the winner.

This goes to Asimov and SSJ3Mewtwo as well:

GET THE FUCK OVER IT!

Alucroas
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PhoenixFlame on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:17 pm

You just got Rick Rolled, Dude.
"My significant other right now is myself, which is what happens when you suffer
from multiple personality disorder and self-obsession." -Joaquin Phoenix
----------------------
Current Roleplay's: Epic Roma; SOLDIER

PhoenixFlame
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:19 pm

I believe I will take this in stride, and simply pride myself on the fact, that while I have indeed, been Rick Rolled, at least I was able to find something within the first 45 seconds of watching it.

:(

Seriously, though anymore whining, and I'm going to Rick Roll myself into a prison cell for shooting that particular person in the face.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:58 pm

In order to make the finals more interesting, Guts and I have agreed to allow an independent third party to play a character that will present a threat to our respective fighters. Alucroas will be this third party. This "character" will be the source of the disruption and transformation of the arenas.

Ladies and gentlemen, hold onto your hats!

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:11 pm

So the match is over... Is there going to be any more commentary or a word from Remaeus? Maybe an official judgment?

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:59 am

Still left to be done before I finish the fighting judgment:

- Writing Awards
- Figure out who added their fights to the Hall of Records, and remove them from the list of fights that will be added by the automatic script upon tournament completion.

Once I can get all that done, I'll be able to announce the in-character winner of the GT2008, as well as announce the people who won all the writing awards. Most important in this task is that I figure out all the fights that were already added to the Hall of Records, and maybe someone is gracious enough to go through and do that so this task might be expedited.

If not, it'll have to wait until my schedule allows for it.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!