Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Feature Requests and Bug Reports

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Re: Feature Requests and Bug Reports

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:35 am

Couple things.

A minor one, every time you log into the ACP, it logs you out from the chatbox (and I believe clicking "Proceed to ACP" instead of waiting logs you right back out of the forums as well.)

A not-so-minor one, myself and a few other users have been experiencing missing posts. I've checked, there's no logs of anyone deleting them, so yeah.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:28 pm

Ok, one thing that has really been annoying me ALOT.
It these crappy commercials in the post box, it covers the text, and looks ugly.
I am seriously pissed about it. Re-place it, please?
// Insert an interesting signature here please! //

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iggMaN
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:30 pm

^This would be a reference to the Ads By Google.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:54 am

IggMan, there is a simple solution to your problem,one that I do not have...

Install and use the FireFox web browser, along with the AdBlock extension, which is a great little tool that removes ALL ads from ALL websites.

Along with that, FireFox is a greatly superior, much more secure web browser.

If you aren't wanting to do that, the ads only affect the Quick Reply box, so you could always use the Post Reply button, and reply via that; it also gives you all the formatting options as well.

Hope that helps.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:08 am

But I use FireFox...
And where do I get the adblock addon?

iggMaN
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:51 am

Removed the ads, they've been bugging me too. We're going to be adjusting our advertisements in the near future, but don't hesitate to speak up if they get in your way or interrupt your experience here.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Wed May 14, 2008 6:40 am

I don't know if this already exist, and if not, I would like it to be introduced.
Whenever I want to check if I've gotten any replies to the RP's I'm in, I usually click the "View your posts" button, but lately I've gotten annoyed that some dead RP's are still in the list. I would like a button where you can check threads that you are watching (I really don't know the translation, in Sweden it's "Bevaka", and in the dictionary I only get "guard", which is not the word I am looking for.)
Now, is there such a button already existing? Or is there a way to delete dead RP's from the "View your posts" list?

iggMaN
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed May 14, 2008 7:43 am

Wow, iggMAN. That's a name that I haven't personally seen in a while. :) Good to see ya.

As for your question...Are you subscribing to the RPs that you want to watch? At the bottom left of each thread, there is an option to subscribe to a thread. Once you subscribe to it, it's added to your subscriptions for easy access. To access your subscriptions, go to your User Control Panel. Once you are on the main screen of your UCP, click on "Manage Subscriptions" on the left from the menu. In that list should be all the threads that you subscribe to. When you subscribe to a thread, you get an email each time someone posts in it, helping you keep up with activity. I subscribe to every RP I'm in so that I will stay up to date on when people post in it, and so I don't forget about it. :)

I also use the "View Your Posts" button. I WORSHIP that button, and flipped out when Eric messed with it one time. The point of that button is to keep up with all the topics that you have actually posted in. When others post in them, they jump to the top, just like on the forum. There are a ton of threads that I only posted in once and I have no more interest in them. It annoys me when someone posts in them and they pop up to the top of my list since I no longer care about them. I don't want to see them, because I already said what I have to say. But, that is what that button is for. It keeps up with topics you've posted in, no matter how old. If you don't post in a lot of topics, then they will all be old ones. My suggestion is to stick with the subscriptions because you can add and remove the topics that you subscribe to.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other issues.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Wed May 14, 2008 8:28 am

Haha, yeah, have been busy with school and stuff, so RPG and a lot of other things has been suffering. Good to see you too Angel! :D

Thank you for that help. I appreciate it! :D

iggMaN
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 14, 2008 8:39 am

You should be able to see/manage all of your subscribed threads in the User Control Panel. There's a link to that at the top of each page. :)

Once you're in the UCP, you can look over on the left to see a link for manage subscriptions. This is probably where you want to be.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Wed May 14, 2008 8:57 am

Remaeus, thanks that you narrowed down it to four sentences, so I could get it easier. :D

iggMaN
Member for 17 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!