Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Feature Requests and Bug Reports

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Mon May 08, 2006 10:32 am

Okay, at Miyumi's suggestion, I thought of something else.

I need the shop to have the G-3, and the cockpit and stuff...

And please make HAL stop being gay.

Thanks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon May 08, 2006 10:35 am

I can't control HAL, I swear...

But yeah, I'm doing a full revamp of the stores, but it's going to be somewhat difficult and labor intensive. It may be a while. (Maybe a month...?)

G3 needs adding to the shops still?
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed May 10, 2006 10:19 am

Eric!!!

I hate the new layout of the forum. It's harder to find your most active thread. It took me like five minutes just to figure out where North America was.

Please change it back.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 10, 2006 10:33 am

We're going to have to sit with it for a while, trying to reorganize and optimize a couple of things. Mayhap the changes in the near future will make it a little bit easier for you. That's my goal, atleast...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Wed May 10, 2006 4:44 pm

This might be a bit outlandish, but have you considered a flash forum? In the particular layout that you're shooting for, it would be MUCH easier and overall less taxing on the bandwidth because of less clicks. Here's the idea:

You have for example the After Colony thread. You click that, a second cell slides underneathe and has Earth or the Colonies or whatever else, select Colonies and another cell slides under displaying the different colonies. If you have a new post in L01, you don't want to have to go to AC -> Colonies -> L01. The other problem is that when you have such a massive build, if you're looking at the After Colony thread on the Index, it'll say almost every day that you have a new post in that thread because it encompasses both all of Earth and all of the Colonies posts + their governments + whatever else. With the flash breakdown, it is possible to view the threads that the user feels is specifically related to themselves and their world.

Just looking for methods of making it easier, especially for the future if this really gets that big.

[edit]Uh.. Yeah. I just made a post in the colonies, and on the main index it didn't register as me having made a new post. It seems the only new posts it notices are on the After Colonies thread, however if you make a post on one of the colonies or nations, it will not say there is a new post in those threads on the main index next to the After Colony cell. Sorry if that was all confusing, talk to me if you need clarification.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Fri May 12, 2006 10:15 am

This probably is not necessary, but maybe there should be a sub-forum devoted to the newbs. Somwhere that they can ask questions about what's going on. I've been here for more than a month, and I'm still lost.

And yet again, my color changed.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Fri May 12, 2006 11:06 pm

Another thing.

This may have been covered. I just posted in North America, and on the main forum page, it does not show my post as the newest.

That's why I liked the old format better.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat May 13, 2006 1:27 am

If I still had my admin status I could add the mobile suits I approve *wink wink*

On another note, anytime I edit or go to the preview page for a post, when I click submitt he page like freaks out and looks like it's getting bigger and smaller really fast (best way I can describe it). Sometimes, the submit button won't work, unless I hold down on it for awhile. Not sure what this could be.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat May 13, 2006 7:12 am

I too am having the submit problem with the edit. I'm not sure if my screen is doing exactly what yours is, but here's what I'm getting:

when I press the submit button, the gray area with my post gets smaller, and when I release, it goes back to normal size. I got both happening at once, so that's how I noticed. I'm going to see if the same problem happens with preview...

edit: here we go...

no problem with the preview button itself, but the submit from the edit/preview?...

edit again: apparently not... so I guess the key is, when you have to edit, preview before you click submit. Maybe they wanted to cut down on the multiple edits?

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat May 13, 2006 11:05 am

Nah, that's a bug I've been trying to confirm for a while... I'm trying to narrow down exactly what's causing it. Then fix it.

Also, ANY user can add items to the Hangar, and the rest is history... *points Kiyoshi to the bottom of the page*

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat May 13, 2006 3:17 pm

Fixed edit bug.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon May 15, 2006 8:52 am

Karma and Album links in post now work properly.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu May 18, 2006 10:33 am

Temporary solution to Unread Posts Bug: Subscribe to the topic, it should email you when it's replied to.

I'm working on it as time allows... sorry again.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Re: Feature Requests and Bug Reports

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:16 pm

I have a really annoying problem.
I often browse and write here with my cellphone, and it has slow connection, so sometimes I update. And when I have written and updated, the website takes that as I post several times. And when I do so, I want to delete it. But, there is no delete button! Wtf? It's rarely I see it. Really annoying.
// Insert an interesting signature here please! //

iggMaN
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:13 pm

What phone are you using, and what operating system and what browser? This will help me figure out a solution for your problem.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:08 am

I am using a SE Z550i, winXP, and Firefox.

And it's on the computer I can't see the delete button. On the phone, I can't see anything.

iggMaN
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:41 am

On your computer, do you see the "Quote" and "Edit" buttons? If so, but the "X" isn't there, it is entirely possible that you do not have permissions on that particular thread to delete individual posts.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iggMaN on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:44 am

Yes, I do see the quote and edit button.
Aha, that sounds like a pretty dumb function if you ask me.

And I have a feature suggestion, when you post, and someone else post before you, you don't get the alert that someone has.
Like, SMF forums have that function. That is really, really usefull.

iggMaN
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:11 pm

You should be getting alerted, I know I've seen the message. It may also only be enabled for a few forums - I'll see what I can do to make it work on all forums. Thanks for your feedback!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:13 pm

Oh yeah. I've seen that alert before on an RPG in the Fantasy forum, but when I posted in an RPG in the Fiction forum, I did not get the message. I knew I wasn't crazy when I remembered seeing that message.

Rawk on, Eric!

Also, shouldn't be able to delete your own posts, no matter where they are or if you have authority over a certain thread or forum?
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!