Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Waking up from that nightmare

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Waking up from that nightmare

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamwalker on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Where a simple hello just does not fit, I guess something more is needed. I am the Dreamwalker, or as none of you will call me by, Banishment. I know, such an odd nickname to go along with the other. Indeed, it seems quite silly to even I, the holder of both. I am deeply in desire to quench that oh so annoying thirst of writing. As one may notice, I am of course new, or so you think I am. For those moderators, I will search around the site for myself, simply because it would flow easier for me instead of being overwhelmed. I articulate many puzzles, and thats just how I like it. Never to become close to one, but to grasp all in a never ending embrace. I do hope you understand the words I say, for they are just to confuse another that has the same mental capacity as the last.

Despite the name Banishment being a little dark, the thing I desire to find most, is some of romance. Soon enough I shall begin my hunt for partners. For those who are actually keeping an eye on who walks upon dreams, I will not fail. Unless circumstances come to a certain extremity, you may rely on my writing to be often. Go ahead, test me to your limits. I only keep myself secretive, for a possibility of being matched to someone else is always certain. And I can not have one judge me so easily by entrance. Therefore, one will not know the dream, until they have drifted along side the walker. I look forward, to you all. As well, I apologize for my introduction for being short, but some things must remain hidden until you know the true me. But for the night, I shall retire, to rest in my eternal paradise.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dreamwalker
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Waking up from that nightmare

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:15 am

You're very poetic and thoughtful. Not too often that I have to question what I just read. Well done, Dreamwalker.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Innocent++ on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:54 am

welcome to role play gateway.

enjoy your stay. :D

Innocent++
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamwalker on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:34 pm

I thank you both, for taking a slim interest and donating a moment of your time for a greeting. Must I say, Orestiad's signature rather disturbs me from the quote. I would wish you both luck, and hope for us to meet again. Though dreams can also serve as an illusion to brighten the dark truth which would prove, our next engagement would be improbable No matter how foggy or dense the illusion is however, it can always pierce through the unwanted darkness to obtain something which one may seek. Using time as the only tool.

Dreamwalker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Welcome to our happy little – I should say large – community/family of RPG (sorry for the acronyms, Role-Play Gateway) Dreamwalker! I’m happy to see another person has found their way to us and is willing to jump into the enjoyable tales and stories we have to offer. My name is Maestro and besides being a member of staff, I have the important lovable job of being a Mentor! So when it comes to any questions involved in role-play, I or any of our other staff members are defiantly the ones to ask – but we promise, our members are just as friendly and knowledgeable.

I have been role-playing for only two years and I can personally vouch for this site when it comes to having the chance to excel beyond your wildest imagination; all you need is a little patience and motivation. When I first joined I was nothing more than a novice myself; but since my stay here, I’ve become a well-respected member and active role-player – and now the words under my hand are dynamite! At least I hope they are (nothing better than gloating)! But I can assure you that as long as you believe, you will quickly join the ranks of the best role-players we have to offer. The road ahead may be difficult, but worth it, and now it’s your turn. At Role-Play Gateway we promise our members will try their best to make the path ahead of you an easily traveled one.

Keep in mind you don’t have to only rely on yourself because our members are willing to help you along the way so please don’t be discouraged to ask questions. If there is anything on your mind please feel free to check out the Role-Play Gateway Chat to ask your questions or even the Role-Play Academy where our Mentors are always willing to lend a hand. If you want to approach less interactive means, The Help Forum or The Beginner's guide to RPG Chat is there to assist. To further gain an advantage, make sure to take a look at our RPG Rules. There are only five so don't be stressed out about thinking were strict. As long as you respect us, we will return the favor.

If you're looking for a good role-play, look no further than Without Absolution! A Mentor created role-play, besides being fun and well-created; it is open to all kinds of writers and will house many different locations that suit everyone’s needs. Whether you're a premature writer, advanced, chat based, one-liners, etc, this role-play is for you! Luckily it's still in the early stages of creation so join while you can. This will be a constant expanding role-play that will let your characters evolve throughout the many plots to come. More importantly, if you're looking for help, this is a fun way to accomplish it! Throughout all hours of the day Mentors running the role-play will both participate and be there to answer your questions and help you better your role-play - if you wish it. So if you find the time, please check it out!

I hope I am of some help and that you enjoy your stay here. ^.^

@ What a beautifully worded introduction. :)

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamwalker on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Thank you for your personal touch Maestro, I do appreciate that you eye upon my careful words. For I can only try to stay as poetic as a never ending dream, though that is far beyond anyone's comprehension. Anyone can come to the same field and speak through the exquisite fantasy lurking among their mind. However I must disagree with you on one part, for walking upon dreams, there is simply nothing that can reach past my imagination. Perhaps the words of description shall never sliver across my tongue, but within a dream, no single idea can ever compete. As well, I hope you do mean novice to this safe heaven of writing, or else it could be taken with hostility to one's honor.

Again, thank you for blessing me with time that shall never be returned. You show kindness, simply by taking your own time to help guide others within a foreign environment.

Dreamwalker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aeris Strife on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:28 pm

There is not much I can say to you , but I leave you my warmest welcomes. I hope you enjoy your time here, and that you will be, as I plan to, here for a long time.

I must say, your introduction was very poetic, and I admire that quality. I could even say I'm deeply envious.

-Strife
Hey bitch, I don't care if it kills me
and I don't give a damn if it hurts
I'm going to live for the fun of it
Because this is my stinkin' life, not yours

Aeris Strife
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Indeed, one gets the impression that you have traveled far and seen many things that would be best described in Latin as mirabile dictu, Dreamwalker.

But do not think you are the only one that has taken a long and twisted road to this place. My journey has spanned 7 years, and in that time I have seen more than my fair share of strange, wonderful, and horrifying things. I have experienced the ecstasy of my heart soaring into the sky and the agony of it crashing to the ground. I have tasted the sweet nectar of watching people improve their skills through my guidance and swallowed the bitter pill of those that ignore my advice and are content to stumble around in their own personal darkness. I have struck down worthy foes on the field of honor and suffered defeat at the hands of my betters.

Your level of confidence in yourself that you will overcome the pitfalls of this location unaided is both commendable and an inevitable consequence of your incessant wandering, and for both reasons I will merely extend my greetings and leave you to meander much as you have before. However, know that there are those that will be watching you from the dark places, some with noble goals, others with less than pure intent.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamwalker on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:11 pm

I apologize for leaving such an impression, I could only logically speak for myself. For I can not speak for others on what they have encountered, and the sights they have seen. I hold myself in no high position, nor more noble then the last. All I can simply state are the travels I have made, throughout the life of my body, and within my own dreams. I simply take advantage of the rules at hand, and imply my point of view. Then I shall wait and listen to the words of others who come to teach. I do thank you, for I see how my words would lead another to the idea that I think highly of myself. However I do not have any attention to do so, and I will admit to my mistake. I should have lead my views more clearly. I do not intend to travel any road completely alone, for I know, that every road will bring new friends.

Thank you qbsuperstar, I do hope that in our next confrontation, you will be strict on me. For learning the easy way, simply does not get it deep enough within one's blood. I desire people to point out my flaws, so I can possibly be that much more worthy of the surrounding company.

Dreamwalker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Welcome, Dreamwalker.
Such a poetic being you are.
I only hope that your journey here will be fulfilling and enjoyable.

It is nice to greet people into our community that have such a way with words as you do.
Just reading what you have written eases my mind while making me wonder at words left unspoken.
I hope to see you around the forums, perhaps we will meet in some exhilarating adventure there.

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamwalker on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:00 am

Thank you Myth, I am thankful for the compliment. Must I say you have a nice signature there? It almost seems like you added a touch of your own in there. Yes, most definitely, you created that yourself did you not? Maybe not every piece was created by your hand alone, but the blend has a unique trait about it. So either you got lucky, and found a very nice, well blended artwork. Or you are the one who put it together.

For now however I must fall back to my dreams for it is late, and has been a fairly eventful day. I will start my search for roleplays tomorrow. For the ever so annoying work will not be calling from a distant breeze. Goodnight fellow members, and I do wish you the most elegant dream one could ever contain.

Dreamwalker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:46 am

You are most welcome for the compliment.
And yes, I did indeed put together the signature. Thank you for noticing. It is a fun hobby I enjoy in my spare time, that also helps keep my design skills from going rusty. I have plenty more of the same in my signature thread, most all of them are free to use. I also take requests. I do enjoy making the site prettier in my own special way. It's a designers compulsion, I guess.

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamwalker on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:23 pm

No matter how tempted I may be by your wonderful signatures, I will not request any. For I am afraid to bog you down that much more, as it seems that you already have many others craving your fancy touch. Now actually looking at the thread, I see that I should be much more then grateful, for you taking time to come greet me. As well, I must say I look forward to seeing more of your designs lurking about.

Dreamwalker
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!