Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Myth's Artwork

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Myth's Artwork

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:58 pm

Yeah...
Well, i was thinking of posting some of my art up, but didn't think it was good enough... <<;

I got talked into it, though.
Here's one, just something that was lying on my computer.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53 ... nggirl.jpg

When I get some more ready, i'll post them up here...

Thanks for any critism you may give.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Myth's Artwork

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:39 am

This is a pretty good picture overall, Myth, but there are a few adjustments you might want to look at.

I think the legs are awesome, but they are much bigger in comparison to the rest of the body. It'd probably be easier trying to adjust the rest of the body to the legs a little.

Also, look at what your own arms do when they are in the position that you drew them in. The way you drew them seems unnatural. I am not a pro by any means, but when my fiance (an amazing artist) needs to see something for an odd pose or something, he will either do it himself in a mirror, or ask me to pose for a minute for him. It really helps to see what something should look like. Even if you're drawing more cartoony or anime things, you get the idea of what they should look like.

Those are my two biggest critiques. I hope that helps a little. Like I said, I love the drawing overall. It's probably better than something I could do. i'm better at faces, and clothes and such, not so much poses or dynamics.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:14 am

Eyes are also a bit far apart, forehead's a bit small.

Otherwise, nice line technique.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:30 am

Here's some more. This is an unfinished watercolour painting of a celtic style peacock.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53 ... C_0287.jpg

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:52 am

I am Myth. I am teh attention loving, chocolate obssesed fox.
You may call me the foxy one. Fear my chocolate-loving ways!...

I am Tarmo. I am the Christmas kitty.
You may call me Kittles or Kitty.
Fear me?

On the otherhand, it's a very good painting

10600 words, 50k characters, come on in to Narazor... A world of it's own.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:11 pm

Here the painting is, finished.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53 ... C_0288.jpg

Here's some detail shots.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53 ... C_0289.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53 ... C_0290.jpg

The finishing touches were done in gold caligraphy ink, on beak, foot, and the dots on feathers.

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:36 pm

That is beautiful!! Oh my gosh! I want it as my desktop background. =3

Paint some more and show us! I love that peacock. I just can't get over it. Do you draw or paint more often?

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:58 pm

Sara,

That is rather nice; how long did it take you?

Signed,
Aeleon.

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:01 pm

I draw fairly often, but painting not so much...
I find I need to be in the right kind of mood to paint.

It took me maybe two hours, at most...
I never timed it, so thats a guesstimate.

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chambers08 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:39 am

Myth, the first drawing is good. Nice advice people gave you, you should take it.
The peacock is AMAZING! It is very beautiful. Love the colors. Great mix.
There was an Old Lady of Chertsey,
Who made a remarkable curtsey;
She twirled round and round,
Till she sunk underground,
Which distressed all the people of Chertsey.
- Edward Lear

chambers08
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:48 pm

Here's some pixel art.
It's of my character Myth.

I'm working on making a sig banner featuring my character.
I've got a basic one done up, but i'm still tweaking it.

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:54 pm

That looks awesome, Myth :) You've got a lot of talent!

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Thank you!
I'm real proud of my little foxxy.
It's the first real pixel art I've ever done, and I love the way it came out.
Now I have to finish the banner.
It's even got an unsuspecting bunny on it!
>:3

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:32 am

I told you's Myth, "Doan Eat Mae!!"

<bristles his whiskers and bounds through the bushes>
Last edited by quidhala on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

quidhala
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:27 am

Kill da wabbit, I shall make an awesome pic of you and quiddy

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:56 am

He he...
*trots after quid*
*disapears from view*
*rustling noise*
*reappears with tufts of rabbit fur around snout*
*licks lips*

Anyway...
>:3

I've got a new painting, like the peacock one, under way.
It's of a fox. (me)
About to catch an unsuspecting rabbit. (quid)
:)

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:05 pm

Here's another pixel art.
It's of Yami's character.

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:25 pm

XD I love your pixel art, perhaps I'll put some of mine up

Yami looks so vicious, we need a group pic, me, you, Tarmo and quid all drawn by the opposite person

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Totally!
XD

Myth
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:02 pm

On deviantART thay have these really cool id's with a drawn picture and a pixel art of their character. It's made to look like the old school arcade stuff, a gaming character, ya know?
I thought they were really cool so I tried my own for here.
What do you guys think?

Myth
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!