Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Purgatory

Purgatory

a part of “Purgatory”, a fictional universe by Spectrum.

I've always wondered what happens when you die, because I've always wanted to die. It seems I'm going to find out real soon. And I'm not the only one. Dangers await.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Purgatory”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Purgatory

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:28 pm

But introduction chapters are the worst! And you're saying the introduction of the main character going into the introduction, right? What if there are more than one main characters?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Oh, we started? xD
And...umm....I have some news. You all are going to hate me. Dx
I'm going down to Idaho for a whole week. It's cold where I am, and we're going down to a cabin that doesn't have any...internet or electronics. So I won't be able to post for that long amount of time.
But I don't want to slow everyone down either.
You think I could still be in this, and would still be able to fit into the story even if I haven't posted for...a week?
"But it was only a fantasy,
The wall was too high as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free,
And the worms ate into his brain."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Phew, posted. I decided to make Alex a sucker for showbiz; it seems to fit him rather well.
Your chances of getting struck by lightning go up if you stand under a tree, shake your fist at the sky, and say "Storms suck!"

-Johnny Carson

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:45 pm

@Thadine: A week? Sure, you can still be in this! There's no problem with that, as long as you can catch up when you return and don't just randomly drop out because of 'complications' with catching up. If you do have an issue when you return, I'll be happy to catch you up in a summarized version. ^^

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm gonna hate leaving on the 6th >.<

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Spectrum wrote:But introduction chapters are the worst! And you're saying the introduction of the main character going into the introduction, right? What if there are more than one main characters?

Then you do a hundred lines for each main character

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:54 pm

That's gonna suck, Tabby. Dx I'll miss you! Again! This is just making worry about the 14th when I leave for a week; no Internet. What exactly am I gonna do in that time? Is the reunion really a freaking week long? *dreading Tabby's leave and my own far away one*

*edit*
@Statez: Yes, I guess, of course that makes sense. >< I'm really too slow for my own good. Anyway! I have a question for you though--isn't too much detail sometimes a bad thing, though? Even for a story, I know if I was reading something that took three pages just to describe how beautiful this tree is, I'd be a little aggravated.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Spectrum wrote:That's gonna suck, Tabby. Dx I'll miss you! Again! This is just making worry about the 14th when I leave for a week; no Internet. What exactly am I gonna do in that time? Is the reunion really a freaking week long? *dreading Tabby's leave and my own far away one*

*edit*
@Statez: Yes, I guess, of course that makes sense. >< I'm really too slow for my own good. Anyway! I have a question for you though--isn't too much detail sometimes a bad thing, though? Even for a story, I know if I was reading something that took three pages just to describe how beautiful this tree is, I'd be a little aggravated.

Paitence is a virtue. The only time there is too much detail is when it takes like...three pages to descripe one item. However, if it five pages or so to describe one scene its just lengthy and well(least hope so if that long) written. It could be acceptable though for somethning to have a very long description if it valuable to the plot-like that machine in Chronos-

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:45 am

Still formulating my post, muahhaa.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:06 am

I never responded to Statez? I swore I responded here. Dx Oops.

@Statez: One item, yeah, that's what I was referring to. I guess if it would be multiple items, of course, 3 pages wouldn't be bad at all to read over.

@Lost: Post!

@Tabby-cat: You too!

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:14 am

I will but I don't know what to do. D: I wanna be pervy but I need someone to be it to. The other Shadows haven't posted and Alex disappeared in a fit of insanity. How can I be pervy about that?

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:42 pm

OK I'll post!
*runs to post*

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:54 pm

@ Tabbs: Hit on someone who hasn't posted to make their first post awkward.

On another note: wow, slow start.

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Maci's character it is. ^^ Actually... I have no idea. Damnit!

I got a few things to do first. Then i'll post.

Black
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:54 pm

@Flash: I know. >< POST! everyone! Hmph. Well, it'll pick up. It better pick up.

@Tabby: I know you're busy with things, though, so you can post whenever.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Yay! I don't have to leave until tomorrow.
I'll try and post today after I'm done some last minute packing.

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:14 pm

So i had to take some benadryl for an allergy, and fell asleep finishing writing the post
>_>
So i'm just proofing over my post
And then...i will post it!

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Yay! Thank you lost!

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Sorry that took a year, for some reason i was having trouble with the character XD But I posted! Huzzah!

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Lost, I can sense a growing friendship between our characters. XD

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!