Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Darkest Time

The Darkest Time

a part of “The Darkest Time”, a fictional universe by H3R0.

So there's some sort of age-old war, right? Over some lame stolen artifact, a book or something that's apparently full of age-old evils. All you know is you're suddenly stuck on this fantastic journey of mysteries with all these other creatures.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Darkest Time”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Darkest Time

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Thu May 02, 2013 11:45 am

Hey all, I'm jumping on the bandwagon a little late here, but yolo, right?

Can I snag the witch please? (:
Her powers don't have to specifically be "dark", right? Can I have her have a decent mix of healing type stuff and element type stuff?

And when I say healing, I mean specifically living human-type of creatures, not anything to do with the earth; that's a different thing in my head.
And by element type of stuff I mean fire, electricity, water, earth, and kinetic energies. Nothing too powerful because it is broad and I'd probably use it defensively anyway; support characters are kind of my thing in a game like this!

Also, about the face pictures... Are illustrations okay? Not technically "anime" but they're art just the same!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ohemxbree
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Thu May 02, 2013 12:01 pm

@Bree: You're definitely not late! We actually have 4 spots we need to fill >< Well, 3 if I reserve you, which I will! To answer you questions, none of the creatures who have powers have to have dark powers. Not at all. Mine is going to, but that's just his personality. Bright and cheery people are perfectly a-okay here! It's whatever you want her to have that suits her! Your witch may have healing powers and yes, basic elemental control is fine as long as it is kept low so we don't edge into power play. But I'll trust you on that~ Illustrations are fine!

Also, @everyone else: If any of you know any good players to take the last three spots, I'd really appreciate it so we can start getting things moving a little better! Seriously, I can't believe no one's taken the Dragonkin or Naga role yet. Those are like the coolest roles up there! I was so torn between dragonkin and warlock. T_T

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

H3R0
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Thu May 02, 2013 12:17 pm

I'll try and see who I can find, I know a couple of good players. I can't believe no one's taken those spots either...I was torn between Elves, Nagas, and Dragonkin. I had good character thoughts for each of them but in the end I thought I could play Amarie best...

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Thu May 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Sorry for all the questions H3R0, but I have another one! How are you having the witch/warlock powers be operated?
Specifically, are they able to use their powers without any specific relics or use of symbols and what not? Or are those things needed?

ohemxbree
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Thu May 02, 2013 2:48 pm

@Bree: Ask all you want! I've been basing it around spells, mostly. Like they can't just snap their fingers and bam there's fire. There's specific things they have to do to get what they want since magic is more complex than that, especially with people who can control any range of magic. So my guy favors spells and potions. If your girl likes relics or symbols, that would work just as well! I'm trying to make it less modern and more stereotypical. It feels cooler that way, I dunno sobs

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu May 02, 2013 5:05 pm

So the Naga... I might make one.

What's the chances of instead of feet, mine having the body of a snake and the torso of a human?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Thu May 02, 2013 5:58 pm

@Talisman: If you're interested, I'll reserve you! If that's what you want your character to look like, that's just as fine!

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Thu May 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks H3R0... I'm not sure how I'm going to have her use her powers yet, haha. If we finish with the character sheet, do you want us to just submit it? Or do you want us to send it to your first for approval?

ohemxbree
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Thu May 02, 2013 8:47 pm

@Bree: Go ahead and submit it! I'll review it before accepting it. ^^ Oh, and if you want to add a specific "powers" section, go ahead. We forgot to put that in the character sheet, but there's meant to be one.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

@H3R0
I'll do my best, haha. I'm a little fried from writing so much... You'll see when I submit my character... I take the guidelines set in character sheets seriously, lol.

ohemxbree
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Thu May 02, 2013 9:01 pm

@Everyone: Edits have been made to the character sheet. Please edit your own character sheets and add these things in. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please add this in the "BASICS" section, right under "Race"

Code: Select all
[font=Papyrus][b][color=HEX CODE]Sexuality:[/color][/b][/font]
It can be anything under the sun! We don't judge here! Whatever piques your character's interest.
[font=Papyrus][b][color=HEX CODE]Love Interest:[/color][/b][/font]
Is there someone your character has their sights set on right now? It can be someone who knows about it or someone who doesn't, or nobody at all. You can edit this part if things change later on in the roleplay.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohemxbree on Thu May 02, 2013 9:28 pm

OH MY GOD I'M DONE.
My character is submitted. :D

ohemxbree
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu May 02, 2013 9:54 pm

It's been such a long time since I made a character sheet. Geez. But my Shy Snake Lady is getting there. If I can, can I submit what I have as a work-in-progress, so that I can see how the layout and such looks?

Scratch that, she's up fer yer viewin' pleasures.
Last edited by Talisman on Thu May 02, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Thu May 02, 2013 9:57 pm

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ready to start *collapses*

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freakofnature on Fri May 03, 2013 1:55 am

oh my god. Okay so SUPER SORRY WHY IM NOT DONE WITH MY CHARACTER. im wrapping up some stuff from school and starting on my final studies (and trying to keep my grades up ugh) and i only can get to my computer during the weekdays at NIGHT, b/c on the weekend i've been having study sessions (this Saturday is a mandatory one for my AP class)

HE WILL BE DONE AND HE WILL BE AWESOME i promise. But i'll be gone for the weekend. See ya'll on Monday.

freakofnature
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Fri May 03, 2013 10:02 am

Oh ugh, I leave for a month and Gateway gets all whacky on me. I guess we don't get updates on character submissions anymore? Poo.

@Bree: I loved her! Definitely accepted!

@Talisman: Oops, sorry! I just got up! She was great! I love her character! I accepted Baily too ^^

@Charlotte: You and me both! If I don't have my character up today, it'll be up tomorrow. But it's only 11a so I literally have all day to do it if my friend doesn't want me to go somewhere. Even so, he should be done. Then we just have to wait for the remaining characters and look for an extra Fay and a Dragonkin. Seriously, I understand the Fay thing because man fairies are so lame laughs at freak, but Dragonkin are like the coolest things out there! Someone will be found! And if they're not by the time all the characters are submitted, then I guess we don't need them that bad.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Fri May 03, 2013 11:47 am

We do but they go through the little chat thing now instead of PM's, which is a pain in the butt.

We're going to have lot's of girls...I like them all! But still lol

@H3RO: It's just such an awesome RP that I'm so excited over O.O And yes you have all day, get to work! (jk jk). Ah remaining characters *falls over* hurry up people! Lol not in the bratty 'I'm so good' way, but I don't mind picking up another character if we don't get any. I'd even be willing to tackle a dude fairy. As a last resort, of course. Just putting it out there.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri May 03, 2013 1:16 pm

I could roll up a dragonkin if we needed him that bad.

Apparently, I'm your reptile guy.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Fri May 03, 2013 2:33 pm

It's really weird to have so many females. Usually, we have an overabundance of males with like one or two females that we had to specifically ask for. But I'm good with that! All the females we have so far are really great ones! I know freak and I are both making males, at least. So we're fine.

If any of you WANT to make another character, that would be fine, but you don't have to. It's not a big deal, I don't think, if we have them or not.

H3R0
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Fri May 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Yeah I know that's what I was thinking...I didn't expect to have a lot of girls. But you're right, we've got good chicks.

I kinda wanna make another...but you don't have to accept until last minute to see if anyone comes up with something better.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!