Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Lines Between Black and White

The Lines Between Black and White

a part of “The Lines Between Black and White”, a fictional universe by Jakuri-chan.

They were left with a hex; one awake, one asleep, one with memory, one without. . . . When the humans began to reject the Gods’ affections, they were punished for it. However, several of these mortals have been freed, what will happen?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Lines Between Black and White”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Lines Between Black and White

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:12 pm

All right, so I'm posting this because there is a little problem right now with the roleplay . . . Louvel's roleplayer is currently MIA. So . . . yeah, I wanted to wait to see if maybe angelwolf123 would come back or something, but the roleplay needs to move on and to do that something needs to be done about Louvel. I have two ideas to go with right now, one of them being a back up if this first fails.

I'm going to ask if anyone here would be interested in roleplaying as Louvel, with him alongside your current character? Just taking full control over him in the place of angelwolf123? If anyone thinks they'd be interested in this, please speak up, if not, then I have another plan to go with, but I don't want to do that until I'm sure that this first one won't work.
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xKyrie on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:35 am

Oh.. that's unfortunate. Um, but I don't think I can roleplay Louvel. Though I would like to help, I just can't imagine roleplaying him. >_<
I <3 God. God loves us.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xKyrie
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monochrome on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:21 pm

I would probably end up butchering angel's character... And xKyrie, I'll post tomorrow! I've just got a writer's block, and sucky computer and a bad case of being lazy.

Monochrome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Mergles, I'm beginning to get rather tempted with a couple of ideas that could let this roleplay move on with angelwolf123's absence. I don't know if anyone would like them though--no one would have to change anything about their characters, and the general concept of the roleplay would more or less remain. But, the whole thing would involve letting go of some of the plot elements that the roleplay was built on . . . if anyone wants to hear about this, let me know, because the way things are looking, it seems as if these ideas are going to have to be implemented soon.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xKyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:24 am

I am! And Annaky, it's OK. I understand! :)

xKyrie
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:11 am

Um, well, basically the ideas I am considering about the roleplay and how we could proceed onward without Louvel being a necessary part of it all despite the initial idea of the whole 'lovers' test would basically be to . . . abolish it. There would no longer be a test, but the lovers who befell the fate of those who rejected a God would've been freed or something despite protests from a few sources, and now the the whole idea of the roleplay would basically be our characters living together, and dealing with one another since they are all sort of connected together in some odd ways.

The God of War would still be serving the same position as before, basically to impede on the character's potential happiness or anything like that due to same basic reasoning as before, and the Demi-Goddess would be there to act as a literal barrier maiden--preventing the God of War from intruding and screwing things up for them as best she could.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xKyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 am

Oh... Since, we're not sure of angelwolf123's status with regards to the roleplay. It's a bit sad, after all they were not able undergo any kind of test yet, but I understand why you decided that. I'm fine with what you planned for the roleplay. ^_^

xKyrie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:12 am

I am sorry I have been sick and then power outage. What did I miss?
"With these hands we will rebuild."

Zenia
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby God_of_Darkness on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 pm

With a reaction like that, I'm so tempted to have her run into him again on the way to her room to "apologize"
TAPPED:
DOUBLE TAPPED:

God_of_Darkness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:00 pm

@Zenia not much, just reformatting a few things with the roleplay's premise and stuff because angelwolf123 went totally MIA on us. =/ Roleplay wise, I don't think you have much to worry about . . . you can get caught up fine I think. ^^

@God_of_Darkness well, Amara's going to be doing her damnest to brace herself from being so mortified from here on in, yeah, you can still expect some great reactions from her, but the intensity of how extreme those reactions are will probably be lessening as we go on. XD

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:45 am

Hello, all. I'm new to these boards, but I've roleplayed before through other means. I hope that this is the proper way to contact you, but I see that "Boy 2" is open, and I might be interested in reserving him. I had a couple of disclaimers/questions first, however, just since I'd hate to drag you all through a profile-reading process and then find out I'm not a good fit for you.

(1) I will apologize in advance if my writing is a bit inconsistent. I have seen the posting requirements, but I am in school, so I may be adhering more closely to those than I would typically like. You may not want a semi-minimalist, however, so if this would be a problem, please let me know, and I won't be offended. It may even drive me crazy, but I have to force myself to limit RPing time or else I'm going to perform poorly, and I wouldn't want to make everyone wait while I crafted a better post.

(2) I get the sense that I would be taking over for somebody. Is this the case? I admit that I would be wary to take on a pre-written character, but at the same time, I wouldn't want to create an unsatisfactory replacement. Were you specifically looking for a replacement player for a character or a replacement character altogether?

(3) I saw in recent posts that you may need to restructure the roleplay due to the missing player. If this was something you didn't necessarily want, I could try to quickly knock out a profile sooner, if that would help. That being said, if it's too late, I have no personal preference, as a newcomer.

Thanks!

an0nymous
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:13 am

You'd be welcome to join us and create a new character from scratch, what had happened with the character who needs to now be replaced is that the roleplayer who made him posted once in the roleplay and suddenly vanished on us without warning, so we more or less had to find a way to try to move the roleplay on without him. You don't have to take on the character that was already made for the roleplay, you can go ahead and make a new one . . . I'm sort of ready to ignore the one post made by the MIA person and go on as if it never happened. You wouldn't have to worry about putting something down really fast, you can take your time and work on a profile to have it work with your own personal standards, I don't want someone entering into something if they feel like they might've rushed it.

As far as posting and such goes, all I ask is that people do their best when they post, nothing more. If you're interested in reserving the slot, I'll mark it down for you.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:35 am

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I was worried that the other individual had posted a lot, and, well, I admit that I would feel somewhat awkward if everyone's reaction was, "Dangit. I miss the other guy." I suppose that may still very well happen, eh, but at least there's less to compare with a singular post. Anyway, thank you; I would like to reserve the slot, but I wanted to check also: I know that the humans and gods started out in close interaction, but nowadays, after so much rejection, how 'aware' are humans of the gods? I know that our specific characters don't know their pasts with the lovers, etc., but does humanity as a whole acknowledge the gods exist, like they're a natural (rather than 'mystical' part of the universe), or is there uncertainty over this?

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:55 am

The way things go, the Gods the roleplay's mythos goes around are thought of as mere legend now, it's comparable to what occurred in our world with the Greco-Roman gods basically. They are simply myths, so the humans aren't aware of the the divine anymore, and wouldn't have the slightest inkling that they are living with divinity--when a reveal would happen, it would be dramatic.

Also, as far as your character's room goes, would you be all right with taking the attic? That's more or less the only option since the other rooms are taken and that room was suppose to be taken by the roleplayer who went MIA on us.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:08 am

Okay, thanks!

Also, the attic is just fine. I could reasonably see him selecting that on his own, anyway.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:41 pm

All right, I look forward to seeing the character you make. ^^

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:36 am

Hey! So... I have a couple more questions, if that's okay:

(1) Having never used this system before, I went to preview the character submission section, and the form that pops up doesn't quite seem to align with the skeleton that you had us fill out. Where does this mean I should put the information? Should I put it all into 'Description'? Should I divide some of it into the other sections? If so, what do I do with those that are left over?

(2) I know that our characters have no conscious recollection of their past lives, but is it possible that they have an unconscious recollection, like some additional sense of loss or tragedy not directly attributable to their current life? If not, that's okay. I just wanted to check because I had something like that tied in with my character, but it's easily editable.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:13 am

You can just copy/paste the skeleton I provided into one of the fields rather than spreading it out over the default one that the site provides, it's not a problem at all to do that. Just do it in 'Description' and it'll be completely fine.

And for number two, that's fine, as long as it's not a conscious recollection. ^^

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks! I hope I did it right.

Phew! I admit that I'm glad you said that for number 2. Although I still say it would have been an easy edit text-wise, I think that the character makes a lot more sense with that being true, seeing as that's how I planned him. In hindsight, I guess I should have asked before thinking the guy up, but I guess I just got lucky this time, heh.

Also, I apologize that the text ended up a bit funny/for any wacky typos. I'm tired. In case I didn't communicate it properly through the bio, I was trying to create a guy who was the opposite of what this RP seemed to stand for (love/jealousy/passion/determination/etc.) It's sort of like that saying, "The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference," or something like that? I just didn't want it to seem like I went "Meh, I made a robot /shrug/," and I'm sorry if it kind of did. Whether or not that is even a suitable character is up to you, of course.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Everything in his profile was completely suitable for the roleplay--he's been approved, honestly, Joseph is a very well thought out character, you did very well. It's going to be great roleplaying with you

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!