Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Lines Between Black and White

The Lines Between Black and White

a part of “The Lines Between Black and White”, a fictional universe by Jakuri-chan.

They were left with a hex; one awake, one asleep, one with memory, one without. . . . When the humans began to reject the Gods’ affections, they were punished for it. However, several of these mortals have been freed, what will happen?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Lines Between Black and White”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Lines Between Black and White

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:01 am

Yeah... I definitely went all, "Noooo~!" when I noticed. I also wish that they had a "Preview" button. Then I might catch stuff like that the first time.

Ahh, I see... so do people get together and post on a schedule or something?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Yeah . . . a preview button would be nice. . . .

But, the Multiverse is more or less this really open and expansive roleplay, there are plot arcs in it and stuff sometimes, but I really suck trying to explain it so. . . . XD But, people do sometimes get together and begin posting with one another on schedule, but other times people just pop in there and post willy nilly and go with whatever starts happening.
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Hmm... sounds interesting. I'll have to lurk sometime, as long as that's considered acceptable in there. It must be confusing trying to keep all of those threads straight, though.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:34 am

@an0nymous Yeah, lurking is fine, and as far as threads go, people tend to just to keep track of themselves and their personal interactions and characters mostly. It's hard to expliain it, but fun when you get into it really.

Also, I plan on getting the new character up tomorrow, I named him Elisedd.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Ahh, I see. I would presume that there's no particular setting/genre/time period attached to it, and you can just "move" everyone wherever is relevant? I say that because the name "Multiverse" seems like "multiple universe", but I also guess that could get very confusing.

Also... Horrah! New character! I really like him! Your characters are so fleshed, it's kind of intimidating. Actually, I never told anyone how much I liked their bios. I tend to wait until after I create mine before really reading, unless I'm making a character to specifically "go" with someone, which I wasn't, in this case. I also enjoy, from a selfish point of view, the many ways in which he is different from my own character because that makes it more amusing. Joseph wouldn't understand the point of the pranks, the tropes, the laughing, etc... although, he would appreciate some stuff, like the factoids, heh.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 am

Well, there are established settings to work with, but it is really open, I haven't really done much in there yet myself to be honest, but I've worked with what is really one of the main areas of activity, or close to it. The Multiverse is basically where you can make any sort of character and then you just roll with it from there. XD

Thank you, I'm glad you like Elisedd . . . I spent three days putting him together because I am not used to putting male character sheets together at all. XD I wanted to make sure I had him put together well enough to match everyone else's characters in here. . . . Everyone has really great characters in here as well, and their profiles are fun to read and also a bit scary since you know you have such a high level of quality to keep up with. :3

But, Elisedd was made with the idea here that we really didn't have a character in here who was like him, a pranky, almost childish type of happy-go-lucky character. The pranks, glomps, and factoids felt like something that would go here well. I don't know how well Eli will get along with everyone's characters, but I hope everyone does like him. He'll be introduced into the roleplay soon. I had to write Akio out first, I know I probably flubbed that up badly. XD

But, Akio is pretty much out now so what's done is done.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 am

That seems cool. xD Do you ever get trolls, though? I mean, if you can create anyone, do you get people coming in saying, "I am perfect. I know everything. I could kill you all if I wanted. Bam. Just did," or do traditional god-modding, etc. rules apply?

Yah... I feel that, but you definitely don't have anything to worry about. He seems quite solid, and Amaryllis has always been great to read.

That was a nice way to go about it, I think. I definitely feel that he'll provide a proper counterpoint to many of the other characters, and I know that I'm anxious to meet him, at least. Hopefully, things will continue so you can break out Eli for some hugs/z and I can get Joseph moved in (I didn't want to teleport him and all of his bags upstairs when only a few minutes had passed in the timeline).

Nah, and I think it was fine with Akio. After all, he may have posted enough to interact with Arteryu, but it's not like he had thousands of words of in-game (not bio) characterization and style that you had to adhere to. I think there was a fair amount of flexibility, and it worked out fine.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:38 am

Well, there is really no set restrictions or anything on what kinds of characters can be made there, so sometimes things happen that get wacky . . . at times it can unintentionally include some level of godmodding, but for the most part that seems to not happen. There are rules to it, but there is so much activity that not all of it can be looked after, of course, things like adult content are forbidden there though, that's taken very seriously.

I'm glad he seems to be put together well, I've done the kind of hyperish character archtype before with a female character, but I knew I had to adjust it for a boy. I guess I managed that all right, or I hope. XD I hope I can get him in soon and have his mischief begin soon-ish.

And I'm glad, I hate having to do that sort of thing with people's characters, but I didn't have a choice with Akio, plus I kinda left it open there saying he might come back, cause . . . well, we never really know. =/

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xKyrie on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I like Elisedd Martel, Beta! :3 And an0nymous, I want to post something about Aina meeting Joseph on the way to her room but I just can't find an available time to write. @__@
I <3 God. God loves us.

xKyrie
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:51 am

Heads up my post will be on sunday late afternoon. I am going to a family Reunion today
"With these hands we will rebuild."

Zenia
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:58 pm

@Beta (<--Is this a nickname or your name irl? It's cool, either way): I see. Well, I guess it's not a public chatroom (ie - not anyone off the interwebs could wander in), so I suppose that helps. Wacky characters are fun, so I'm glad there's not //too// many trolls to come screw the flow up.

I don't think I've ever played a character like him before. I've played mischievous sorts but never in that particular way, which is part of why I'm so anxious to see him. I particularly enjoy those characters that I could not play myself.

Yah, I thought that was pretty creative how you did that. :)

------

@xKyrie: Oh, that's fine! Take your time; I can understand being busy. I have a test and a paper due the start of this week.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:00 am

@xKyrie thank you, I'm glad that three days of work didn't seem to go to waste on him. ^-^;;

@Zenia y'okay, thank you for the heads up on that one. :3 Just post when you're able to~

@sn0nymous Beta is a nickname from my old username on here, I used to go by Beta Type Jakuri, but I recently had my name changed to what it is now, but some people who knew me before the name change still call me Beta, I don't mind that though since it was my old username. ^-^ But, the Multiverse is pretty fun, I like how things have gone in there the few times I've ventured into it. Another roleplayer and myself on here decided to go at it together for the first time, and so our characters are more or less now traveling companions for the time being. XD

So far, things have been really, really wacky there with them. . . . But, as far as I know there aren't people who really troll or anything like that in the Multiverse, I've never heard of that. And anyone here on the site can just hop on into it if they feeling like it, people just need to make a character however they want to, and they are good to go.

And . . . I'm looking forward to using Elisedd soon . :) I'm still anxious about seriously playing a male character for the first time like this, but I'm starting to feel like I can really handle it~

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xKyrie on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Oops, I'm sorry I'm just used to calling OpalePhantasmagoria as Beta that I can't help but forget sometimes.XD um... despite that I'll still call you Beta is that OK?

and @an0nymous Thanks, I might be able to write something today! Though it will depend on our lists of tasks later on. It's been awhile since I last posted for Aina after all. @_@ I can't :( I'll post something tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest! Sorry for this. @__@

@Beta, I'm sure you can do it just fine! :3 When I first tried roleplaying a male character, I was kinda hesitant. I didn't know how a male mind works. After a few male characters though I got used to it. ^_^

Edit: just call me Kyrie by the way.^^

xKyrie
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:23 pm

@Beta- Ahh, I see. Well, I like it. It reminds me of the power formula... or fish... or 'B.' Lots of fun stuff, heh. Yeah, I think having a traveling companion would be nice, especially to start out. It's perhaps not quite as intimidating knowing that there's at least someone there that you're familiar with. I'd feel that way, anyway.

Yeah, I guess I meant that random people, as in, people without an account can't just hop in (as far as I know), so that probably helps a lot with trolling. It's good to know it's not really a problem, though, because, that'd be a major deterrent for me. I feel like trolls are everywhere.

You definitely can. He's written so well, after all. I have faith.

---------------------

@Kyrie- No, no... please don't worry or rush. This is such a crazy week for me, too. Lots of tests and papers and presentations.

P.S.- You can call me whatever you want. I know my name is longish, so just type 'a' or something, and if we're having a conversation, I'll presume that it's me, heh.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Okay, so, I'll probably be posting here tomorrow since not much else is going on, I'll be introducing Elisedd into this if that's the case. . . .

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 am

<--excited!

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Well, Eli will be brought in at some point tonight, perhaps not right into the Manor off the bat, but I'll at least give him some time in my post~

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an0nymous on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:31 am

@Kyrie: Sorry about the delay. I was away for the weekend, but I didn't know about it until it was too late to warn you.

an0nymous
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monochrome on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:53 am

Sorry I haven't posted in forever. I've been away since last Monday (not this one, the one before so... Anyways, the next possible time I'll be able to post will probably be next Thursday, or Friday, depending on what time I get back.

Monochrome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:17 am

It's all right, and thank you for the notice.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!