Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ultimate Organization (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Ultimate Organization (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:10 pm

OOC: Right, so...plot!

"If you all are done," Pharell's voice spoke to the Ultimate Organization through the intercom. "We are about to depart in twenty minutes. If you have not taken the time to pack your things, I suggest doing so now."

"Well, that was fun to watch, but we better get goin'," Xane yawned as he left the training area and headed to the ship hangar.

OOC: I don't have much to say right now, but I'll post more, once everyone returns.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wing06Twilight on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Wing smirked hearing Pherell's voice.

"Looks like we have bigger fish to fry." He said, relinquishing his blades and power surge. "C'mon girls." He walked out of the unlocked training room, girls in tow, breathing a sigh of relief.

"I-I'm going to go change." Aero said shakily, still worked up from her near death experience. Tears started to fill her eyes before she took off running for the safety of her room in the WingWhale. Maron flashed Wing an accusing look before chasing after her.

"W-wai...t" He tried to stop them both, but it was no use. "Great, this isn't going to get worse before it gets better."

He shot Kama and his gang a dirty look before heading to docking bay.

"Aero!" Maron pleaded, pounding of her friend's door

"Just go away!" Maron's hand slid down the door, turing to leave. "You, know you weren't a burden to him out there. I know he was excited to have you there, and he feels horrible about what happened to you. I saw the pain in his eyes. He didn't want us to get hurt."

She walked away, not sure where to go, but there was a mission to complete.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wing06Twilight
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Completionist Lifegiver Streamwatcher Person of Interest Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:43 am

"Heh ... whatever, pretty boy" said Kamachi as the Prisms left the room rather moodily. He was going to challenge Wing to a one-on-one, but then a guy on a speaker announced that their mission would be starting soon. Heh. Time to go demand some beer.

((Sorry for the short post; in the next post, you can assume my group is with everyone else, and Kamachi has just demanded all the alcohol he can drink (which is a lot).))

Kama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:33 pm

When the announcement was made that they would soon leave, Ris' fists were still tightly clenched together, his tail motionless behind him aside from a few random twitches of its tip. Watching the fight without intervening was hard for him. While he was disciplined enough, the vulpine hated to see the girls getting hurt as they were. Even worse, however, was his second thought; even if he were to try to help them, he wouldn't have been able to.

Both sides of the fight were much more powerful than he was. He was his own weapon. Sure, Ris had trained himself with a pistol, but he didn't have one with him. He hardly had the opportunity to use it, and even more rarely came the need. While he did for fun what most people couldn't, that being parkour and freerunning and what came with them, he was still normal. The majority of the Ultimate Organization was not.

Ris
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wing06Twilight on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Aero lay awake in her bed, Wing's image filling her mind. Battle scenes flashing, his power wild yet tame. She felt scared witnessing such a power. She felt he could lose control any minute, and if he did...well she couldn't bring herself to imagine what would happen.

Seeing his power also reminded her just how weak she was.

"Do I even deserve to be a Guardian? They told stories of the water mage that helped to save Prism, I can't even amount to that level of courage...Do I really have what it takes, or did the God's make a mistake?" She looked at her bloodied hand, the small cuts she received from the tree still stinging. She winced, coating it in soothing water again, as she'd done twenty times before, in an effort to rid her body of pain. She sighed and layied her head back on the pillow before looking over to the wall. A faint glow appeared for brief second, and was gone, so was the pain that had racked her body.

"Who, who's there?" She stammered, jumping out of bed, ready to attack. A small white feather fell in front of her face, which she caught.

"Where did you..." The feather blew from her hand on an imaginary breeze, and she could have sworn she heard a voice tell her, "He's your's now, take care of him..."

She looked around, feeling insane, for anyone, real or not.

"Please show yourself!" She called out.

"Some other time..." Came her reply, and with that the room fell silent. Aero even felt a presence leave the room, making the air much thinner and cool.

"Okay, I'll be waiting...Kylee." She smiled, looking to the ceiling, tracing the stars she used to look at back home.

Wing06Twilight
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Completionist Lifegiver Streamwatcher Person of Interest Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Light_of_the_Fallen on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:04 pm

"Well, that's it Miss Swan. All your tests are done and you're officially cleared to go!" the cheery attendant told her as Bellatrix gatherher coat in her arms. Instead of being pleased by the news, she looked a little irritated and glared at the attendant, clutching the coat tightly. The attendant looked a little nervous, even more than he had been when he had first met her. He thought she had looked a little pretty and even more so when she regained her color. Yet right now, she looked more threatning than lovely.

"I had been told these tests wouldn't take long and yet it seems a whole day has passed," she muttered irritably before breaking into a grin, "But at least I'll be able to catch them before the ship heads off, right?"

"Y-yes, ma'm. I assure you that you will be able to catch the ship before they leave. I apologize that it took so long but you are an interesting person so we wanted to make sure we got the full work up done. That and your cond-"

He immediatley stopped when she raised her hand, a small smile on her face, the coat slung over her shoulder.

"I had just wanted to know if I would make it. Thank you," she replied and started to walk out of the room when she paused at the doorway, "Oh and about that letter I handed one of your staff earlier..."

"The departure letter?" the attendent asked, an eyebrow raised. Bellatrix turned around with a glare again.

"I won't question how you know that but yes, that one. Please, if it has not been handed to my comrades, do whatever you like with it as long as I don't see it again. Thank you and hopefully I won't need to be back in this room again."

The man nodded, understanding. As she turned back, he added, "Please take care of yourself Miss Swan. Remember, take it easy in combat and should you have any complications, we shall be here."

With an acknowlodging nod, Bellatrix left, relieved to know she would see her friends again. Walking down the halls, a small chuckle escaped her as she remebered the letter she had feverishly wrote on her deathbed. It began and ended with an apology, while the middle had a paragraph dedicated to each person she knew in the UO. It wasn't only a goodbye letter, but a resignation one as well. Although if it was quitting life or the UO, she wasn't sure of anymore. The only thing she was sure of right now is that she was healthy and happy to be back with her friends again.

Light_of_the_Fallen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wing06Twilight on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:48 pm

"Final preparations are complete! I repeat, final preparations are complete! All hands report to your stations! All Ultimate Organization members, and those associated with them, please report to your ship!"

Wing heard the command and ran a hand through his hair. "Here we go." He said with a sigh before jogging back to the hold where the WingWhale sat in waiting. He would need to find some new clothes, the battle left his tattered and a nap would be good for him. Though anyone could tell you, he wasn't going to take one.

Maron strapped herself in, eagerly waiting take off, their first real mission, and she'd be in the action.

Aero sat on her bed, not caring about what was to come, she felt a bit better, but not much. She was worried about her role with the group, and was afraid she'd never be as good as any of them.

"Sometimes the journey isn't worth the destination...but its still worth taking."

Wing06Twilight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 pm

"Final preparations are complete! I repeat, final preparations are complete! All hands report to your stations! All Ultimate Organization members, and those associated with them, please report to your ship!"

Finally thought Kamachi. "Okay guys, let's go to that ship those guys have" he said to Salitna, Chad, and Kama. They agreed, and went off to the ship. Once there, Kamachi went into the fridge and got out all the beer he could fin. "Hmm . . . this is way too little. Wing!" he yelled, already polishing one off. The others made themselves relaxed; Salitna and Kamachi were reading, and Chad was watching the television.

Kama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wing06Twilight on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:05 am

Wing, hearing his name walked into the kitchen to find Kamachi, and a rather large sum of beer.

"What's up?" He asked folding his arms, still confused why Kamachi would need so much beer. He stepped to the side to allow the other three to pass into the ship's waiting area, so the could relax and rest up for the adventure ahead.

"Hope you guys enjoy the ride." He said with a smile as they passed before turning back to Kamachi.

Wing06Twilight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Ris' ears perked up as the message sounded, turning towards its source and waiting until it was over. 'Time to leave...Maybe I can get something out of all this, eh?' Either way, he figured he might as well let the others know he was on the ship so they wouldn't worry about leaving without him...

...Would they even worry?

The tip of his tail flicked as he turned around again, taking a few steps before silently staring at the ground a ways in front of his feet. At the start of this trip, going all the way back to his "job" as a waiter, he assumed that he would be able to help them. Now that he'd seen them in battle, witnessing all of their unexplainable powers, the vulpine mainly felt like more of a burden. With a quick twitch of his ear, Ris raised his eyes from the floor, reaching back and pulling on the tails of his headband. First, he'd return to the others and strap himself in for when they leave. Then he'd come back and train. Sure, he didn't have powers, but he'd do what he could. With that thought in mind, the blue fox hurried to meet up with the others.

Ris
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PirateofPie on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Xane made his way into the ship. He was followed shortly by Mellodia and an U.P.A officer.

"Are you all prepared?" the officer asked. "The others are leaving in approximately three minutes, and if you are not ready they will leave without you."

"You guys ready?" Xane asked. "If so let's hit the road...sky...space...whatever."

OOC: Sorry for being late, as well as the short post. I've been pretty busy lately. But, it's past time we got this thing moving again, so I'm gonna try to start posting daily now.

PirateofPie
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Light_of_the_Fallen on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 pm

"Wait for me!" Bellatrix yelled as she practically sprinted to the ship, already forgetting the medical staff's advice to not push herself too quickly after recovery. Then again, who could blame her after the countless times she had been left behind? True, there were times when it was mostly her fault but still, it was being left behind nonetheless. And she wasn't a big fan of all the work one had to do to catch up again either.

"S-sorr- *huff*y, I'm *huff* l-late..." Bellatrix managed to mutter as she caught up to Xane, Mellodia, and the officer, "Staff... wouldn't... let.. me go. Bunch of tests they had to run. Man, I feel outta shape..."

With an apologetic grin and hands behind her head, she followed the trio, awaiting the next big adventure. And of course, to put all the madness and past behind her.

Light_of_the_Fallen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:45 pm

"Oh, never mind" said Kamachi with a bored tone. "Just wanted to say that I want to have a real fight, with you. That's all."

((Once again, nothing to post.))

Kama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wing06Twilight on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Wing smirked, nodding his head.

"Sure, I'd like that." He said moving to the side so Kamachi could pass. He walked over to the fridge and grabbed a soda. He popped the tab an drank it slowly, looking for something to snack on. After settling for a few leftover pieces of chicken, he grabbed two slices of bread, making a cold sandwich.

"Nothing beat lunch." He said with a laugh, knowing Xane would agree whole-heartedly. He lingered in the kitchen for a few minutes, finishing his soda, throwing the can in the recycle.

"Well worlds, what do you have for us to tackle today?" He said with a grin, walking out into the passenger floor and finding a seat.

"No matter what it is, we're ready."

Wing06Twilight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarKnight36 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:34 pm

OOC: Kamachi would probably like fighting Darius too, lol.

Anyway, recap for my story arc real quick: Maria and Rune are heading to the earth crystal to try and destroy it. Darius and Teresa are trying to find the refugees. Tyre, Highwind, and Dyran are looking for Princess Sarah. If you want anything more in depth than that, PM me or reread my other posts (if any of you even CARE, lol)

BIC:

"They certainly knew we were coming," Rune said, studying the guards' routes around the large building that supposedly housed the Earth crystal.

"Why do you say that?" Maria asked, brushing her hair out of her face.

"This elaborate setup," Rune said, gesturing at the guards. "Don't you think it's odd?"

"It looks fine to me," Maria said, peeking around the chimney she was sitting against.

Rune grunted. "We're sitting on the rooftop directly next to them, and they haven't even noticed us."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Maria asked, raising an eyebrow. "We were hoping not to be seen."

Rune didn't answer. Instead, he rose and began walking down the roof towards the house next to theirs.

"Where are you going?" Maria asked, puzzled, unsure whether to follow or not.

"Stay here," Rune answered. "When you see the guards react, give me a mental poke, OK?" He jumped to the other roof and disappeared on the other side.

"Mental poke," Maria growled. "Doesn't even wait for me to say, 'Oh, yes, OK, Rune, whatever you want, Rune, how about I massage your feet while I'm at it?' Jerk..."

Despite her protests, Maria turned to watch the guards. After about fifteen minutes, she noticed one of them looking around like he'd heard something. Curious, she gave her mental jab to Rune and settled back to wait. Rune showed up quickly.

"That was...quite the poke," Rune said under his breath. Maria showed him her teeth. "Anyway, it's just as I thought. The guards aren't even really there."

Maria stared blankly at him, then it dawned on her. "Oh, relay illusion. They're projecting the guards onto this house so that no one will realize that the other house, the real one that has the Earth crystal, is the right one."

"So any would be thieves would try to sneak into this house, undoubtedly into the muzzles of automatic turrets or stationary guards that would blast a few hundred holes in them," Rune finished. "As I said, they knew we were coming. This is much too much elaborate for some common burglar. This is top of the line security."

"Of course," Maria said, "they don't know we've figured it out..."

"But it doesn't really matter," Rune shrugged. "I found the house by throwing rocks into the yard, but I couldn't see any guards or anything like that. Without being able to see them, we won't be able to get past them."

"They must not the know the extent of my powers," Maria said, rather haughtily. "I can hook this image into our minds so we'll be able to see the guards and take them out if need be."

Rune blinked. "That's... useful."

"So, show me the house," Maria said, standing up. Rune nodded and led her to another mansion, this one empty of any guards, though it did have a high fence.

Maria concentrated, and the air shimmered. The guards suddenly appeared, oblivious that they were now visible to the two would-be thieves.

Rune smiled. "Very useful. Thank you."

Maria grinned back, then realized she was actually getting along and exorcised the expression from her face. "Just don't take too long getting rid of them."

"Actually, I wasn't planning on fighting them; that would probably bring the whole house down on our heads," Rune said. "I was planning on sneaking inside."

"I don't sneak," Maria said flatly.

"You either will sneak or you'll get shot," Rune retorted, and Maria grimaced.

Rune helped her down off the rooftop, then jumped down after her. Together, they watched the guards, then sprinted forward towards a break in the fence.
Until I get a signature image, this is all I have.

DarKnight36
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wing06Twilight on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Hadrian smirked listening to Maria and Rune.

"Rather impressive, but what does one expect from one who was once the leader of the great and infamous Brotherhood." He whispered to himself, folding his arms over his chest. "An interesting case indeed." He watched as they made their plan to sneak into the house containing the Earth Crystal, though he didn't understand Rune's mission, he could respect it. His task was to get to the bottom of this seemingly odd job, but given the times they lived in, and the situations at hand, everything that was once considered "odd" was now in the realm of normality. He leaned against the side of the chimney Maria had been against only moments ago, and waited.

"Rune, I know you can hear me. Once your task is done, I wish to speak to you. I wish you no harm. I'm a personal friend of the Twilight Phoenix, if that makes you trust me any better." He sent the message telepathically.

"Now we play the waiting game..."

Wing06Twilight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarKnight36 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:25 pm

OOC: Haha, I said Princess Sarah. Her name is Alison, lol. I need to get my characters straight...

Two days passed uneventfully. On the third day, approaching evening, Darius and Teresa trudged into one of the outermost villages of the kingdom of Ritrys. Dusty, travel-worn, Teresa was looking forward to staying at an inn and taking a blessed bath. Girls weren't supposed to stink, but as much as she smelled, Darius smelled infinitely worse. Being polite, she didn't tell him that, but she tried to walk upwind of him.

Darius looked around as they entered the village. The villagers stared at him with open hostility, a few of them gripping their pitch forks and spades tightly before turning away. Teresa blinked in surprise. The rest of the country had seemed open to newcomers on the most part, and relations with neighboring countries weren't that bad.

"These guys are on edge, Darius, so you should be..." Teresa trailed off as Darius walked away, ignoring her. He'd been doing that a lot lately, and Teresa couldn't decide if he really just didn't care what she thought, or if this was his way of coping with seeing her again after all these years. "...tactful," she finished, sighing.

Darius marched up to one of the villagers, who looked up, and up, and up some more. This didn't seem to improve his temper. Darius didn't seem to notice; or he didn't care. Teresa guessed the latter.

"Do you know where we can find the refugees?" Darius asked bluntly and with a slight snarl. Teresa sighed again. So much for tact. Or small talk. Or a bath. He probably planned on marching straight out of town once he got directions. If he got directions, because at the moment it was a tossup on whether Darius would succeed on intimidating the villager into answering the question, or if he'd get run out of town by an angry mob. Not that Darius would stand for something like that. Both men's faces were engaged in a eye-staring contest, and probably didn't even remember a question had been asked.

"Um, Darius?" Teresa asked.

Both men snapped a look at each other. "What?" Darius growled.

"Tact?" Teresa suggested. "Ever heard of it? Or did you lose it along with your brain?"

Darius glared at her, but backed off.

"What he means," Teresa said, turning to the villager, "is that we've been sent by the King to take care of the refugee problem. Can you tell us where they are?"

The villager spat. "Stick around long enough, and they'll show up. Though I don't know what a priss like you's going to do about it. Go back home to your mansion, slut."

Teresa's mouth dropped open, and Darius choked back a laugh. She shot him a glance, and turned back to the villager.

"Call me slut again," Teresa warned in a low tone, "and I will cut your balls off and rip your intestines out through your butt. Got it?"

The villager paled, and walked away hurriedly, mumbling something under his breath that sounded suspiciously like "tomboy whore with an attitude..." Teresa rolled her eyes, but didn't press the issue.

"Well," Darius said after a moment. "I suggest we find an inn. You smell bad."

Teresa's mouth dropped open in shocked fury. "M-me! I stink!? You pigheaded cretin! Are you trying to provoke me!?"

"I need to record one of your tantrums one time," Darius mused. "It'd be enjoyable to share with Rune..."

Teresa's mouth snapped shut, but her glare said millions.

"Worthless hedonists... or is it hegemonists?" Rune suddenly said, making Maria start.

"Be quiet," she hissed. "They can hear right through these ventilation shafts."

"Sorry, I just had a little... message... delivered," Rune muttered.

"Besides, hedonism and hegemony are two totally different things," Maria said.

"Be quiet," Rune whispered. "They can hear right through these ventilation shafts."

Maria gritted her teeth and kept moving.

DarKnight36
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wing06Twilight on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:24 am

The WingWhale moved through space at top speed, the Ulfire cruisers close behind. They were heading for the outermost territory claimed by the Ulfire government, wild space. There they hoped to find the The gang responsible for the over throw of Princeton Corp. and the strange anomoly the gang seemed so fixated on. What would happen to them when they got there? Was the question on every one's mind, every one that is, except the Ultimate Organization. They'd been through enough to understand how to "expect the unexpected".

Wing sat in his chair, arms folded across his chest, eyes closed, trying to rest up for the battle he knew was coming.

Aero lay on her bed, focusing on the ceiling and creating small spheres of water in mid air.

Maron wondered the halls, carrying soap and a towel, she'd worked out in the ship's gym, and wanted a relaxing shower.

Soon they'd all be side by side, fighting for the survival of the universe. For right now, this mission was their focus.

Wing06Twilight
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarKnight36 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Darius saw them coming from a ways away, and motioned Teresa into the shadows of a building, mostly out of sight. Villagers scattered as the men walked into town, bristling with weaponry and dressed in dusty, travel-worn clothing.

The leader stepped forward and raised his rifle, firing a few shots in the air, which sent those not already cowering to the ground. Laughing, the leader walked forward to step onto one of the small fountains that decorated the plaza.

“All right, listen up!” the man yelled. “You know what we’re here for, so bring it to us. You have ten minutes! If we don’t have all we have in that time, we kill one of you for every minute longer we have to wait, so get on it!” He stepped down, laughing with the rest of the men.

“Could these be the refugees?” Teresa asked softly. “No wonder the villagers were closemouthed.”

Darius sighed. “Things could get a bit more complicated than I thought. I’d supposed the king’s allegations against the refugees were untrue, but it seems more like he’s just taking the opportunity of actual crimes to commit his own.”

“So what do you want to do?” Teresa asked.

“Wait,” Darius said, settling down onto one of the small benches under the building’s awning. “If they start threatening the villagers, then we intervene, but I have the feeling they’ve done this before.”

Ten minutes passed by without a hitch; the villagers brought in assorted food products and other supplies while the refugees began loading up a cart they had brought. When everything was finished, the leader climbed back up onto the fountain.

“Thank you for your cooperation,” he told the assorted villagers. “We’ll just be needing one more thing for you.” He motioned, and several of the refugees grabbed nearby women. “We’ve been getting pretty lonely lately, so…” He chuckled darkly.

“Why you…” one of the village boys cried, advancing on one of the refugees. The leader idly raised his gun and blasted a hole through the boy’s leg. The boy cried out and fell over.

“Anyone else protesting?” the man asked, glancing around. Teresa turned to Darius, but found he wasn’t there. She glanced forward again and saw him striding idly towards the leader.

“I think I might have something to say about this,” Darius said politely, his voice coming out in a growl that made Teresa shiver. Obviously, the refugee didn’t like it much either, as his face reddened and his fingers tightened on his rifle. “But first, how about we exchange introductions?”

“You’re new, aren’t ya?” the leader snarled. “Well, I’ll tell you what. Get out of our way or I’ll blow a whole in you, then have my friends here cut your head off and stick it on a stake.”

Darius stepped closer. “I’ll give you one warning: let the women go, or your life is mine.”

“Try it, why don’t you,” the refugee spat, raising his rifle and poking Darius in the chest, because despite the raised platform of the fountain, Darius was still taller than the man. “See what happens.”

Darius smiled. “Do you surrender?”

“I warned you, now you die,” the man said, and his finger squeezed the trigger. Darius’ left hand blurred as he slapped the gun out of the way, the shot ringing harmlessly into the air. At the same time, his right hand slammed upwards into the man’s chin, crushing the man’s jaw under Darius’ knuckles and snapping the man’s head back. There was an audible crack, probably of the man’s neck breaking, and the man collapsed.

Darius turned. “Anyone else?”

The refugees exchanged a few glances, then released the women and raised their guns. Darius smiled. The refugees opened fire and Darius went to work.

Teresa could only shake her head. It seemed that Darius had finally realized the obvious: even without his Phoenix, without all that magical power, without the reflexes of a machine, he was still the strongest, fastest, and most able warrior of possibly all time.

DarKnight36
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:41 pm

(OOC: Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think Wing's in the passenger section...right? XD)

Once everything seemed to have calmed down enough, Ris grew bored. As his thoughts seemed to wander aimlessly, freely trailing from one thing to the next, he paused when Maron and Aero came to mind. They were cute, no questions asked, but thinking back to the battle he witnessed he realized that he had never really understood how they had suddenly become so powerful. With how weird everything had been up until that point the vulpine had merely set it aside, but now that he had nothing else to do the question came again. He tried to shrug it off as he had before but this time it wouldn't let him rest, nagging him to find the answer.

In appeasement to his mind, the Arctic Fox decided he would look for the one person he assumed knew most about the two: Wing. It didn't take long to find him, seeing as he was simply sitting in the passenger section, but the man looked rather comfortable. At this sight, Ris turned to leave, but a flick of his tail urged him otherwise. With a few twitches of an ear, he turned back around to face Wing and hesitantly said, "Hey...Wing, right?"

'You know his name, moron, just get on with it.'

Scratching the back of his head in embarrassment, he asked, "What happened with the girls? I mean, they weren't always superheroes, right? You know their story, right?"

Ris
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!