Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Umm... Hey!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Umm... Hey!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:28 pm

I'm a newbie, only recentally introduced to roleplaying. I find it fun though, so when I found this site, I thought I'd try it out. :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Umm... Hey!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:38 pm

*Slides cookies to Myth and mews*

*Curls up on floor*

Meow.

Welcome to RPGateway. :)

10600 words, 50k characters, come on in to Narazor... A world of it's own.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vigilante on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:45 pm

Sorry about that strange encounter! Tarmo's a freak. Welcome to RPGateway.

I'm sure there will be a few RPs that you might enjoy in all of our sections, but if you don't like them feel free to create your own, and I'll take a look. ^_^

__________________________________________________________________________________

I like to think of sanity as a good well made but not particularly attractive coat, something you can slip on and off when you need it. - Grim

Vigilante
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:47 pm

-.-

I don't like you Vigil...

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vigilante on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:48 pm

<3 Stop with the spamming! *Pats Tarmo on the head*

Here, have a nice topic:

when-dark-touches-anthonool-high-t3417.html

Vigilante
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome, and don't worry, I've had stranger encounters!

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampIR on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:54 pm

Welcome, I'm new to, not to roleplaying but to this site. Hope you have fun (whoop, Canada!)
lEt ThE bOdIeS hIt ThE fLoOr

vampIR
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:12 pm

Hey there as you'll come to find out you'll have to weed through a ton of crap to get to good RP. Just fair warning. Welcome and so forth.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quidhala on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:33 am

Welcome Myth,

I'm glad to know you are new to Roleplaying. I wanted to ask you how you where introduced and what you first enjoyed about it? What made you want to keep playing? I'm trying to introduce my fiance to RP. I've been RPing since I was a child pretending to be a worm, so I was wondering how to help her enjoy herself.

A great thing for you do is join Role Play Academy. Just add a post to the "requesting enrollment" thread. It's free and will help you develop all the skills you will need to enjoy Role Playing in any medium, but especially here in a forum setting.

Please log into the chat, using the link on the upper right of each page, and socialize. It's the best way to make friends and to answer any questions you have. If you have questions you can also check the links bellow and hopefully they will help you as they helped me.

Have fun looking around and enjoy.

Read This First

Quick Guide

Etiquette

quidhala
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:56 am

RPing is pretty fun. ^^ It's easy to learn so I doubt you will have any problems. ^^

Aelita
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:07 pm

It's good to have you Myth.

I'm glad you're spending time in the chat already. That's what I was going to suggest that you do! Introducing yourself in the chat is a great way to get to know other members. I just logged into the chat and you're there already. =D Yay!

-dances-

It's good to have you. If there is anything I can do to help you, please don't hesitate to PM me or something. I'll be happy to do what I can for you.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:13 pm

What Melfina and Quid said, but only better.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Vexar wrote:What Melfina and Quid said, but only better.

Only better? The only way your welcome could be better than ours is if you actually added to it! Not just said "...only better!" =P!

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:38 pm

You're just jealous that I am less original than you xP

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!