Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gatewatchers

Gatewatchers

a part of “Gatewatchers”, a fictional universe by LookingAtPerks.

"This is the definition of Magic. It is the use of forces and energies that others are unable to explain with our current knowledge of Science"- Allen Blake, Founder of the World Gatewatcher Council.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gatewatchers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Gatewatchers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:24 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Gatewatchers"

Any additional questions, comments, or just general displays of interest go here!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Gatewatchers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:35 pm

Looking forward to this. Have had my eye out for a magic related roleplay for a bit now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:11 pm

For the record, the Raptors were not re-animated. Their bones were simply used to create new, artificial life. You cannot bring back the dead.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Agreed, Alle. Dug your last post, and the hard work I'm sure you had to put into it with all the excitement going on at the museum.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Results of the First Gateway Battle: (though some people have not posted what they did during the battle. I on purposefully made Zane black out to allow everyone else to get some action)

-Cedric and Selena barely escape Newton's powers.
-Of the five Gatewatchers who fought at the museum, every single one of them seem to have taken heavily body damage, with at least a good amount of body damage, done by one Black Mana User: Rose.
Somewhere between.
-Zane was incapable of breaking through Rose's defenses despite everything.
-Rose psychologically and physically attacked everyone.
-Everyone insulted (and offended) Rose in some way.
-No one died (Which wasn't easy) that I currently know of.
-The T-Rex is still missing.
-We learned more about Zane and his father.
-We learned Rose was there when Zane's father was killed, but never got it confirmed that he died from her hand.
-Rose, Newton, and Dreamy have all been introduced. All of them are much more powerful then the Gatewatchers can currently handle.
-All the Gatewatchers need a power boost.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:22 pm

So aside from Flip and Squishy, everyone at the museum is recovering from Rose, and potentially getting ready to go BC on a dinosaur that may or may not be definitely loose, yeah?

And Chuckles and Pixy are off on their own, and don't necessarily need to wait for the museum folk to post to advance their end of the rp just yet. the posting order has been a little loosey goosey, which is fine, but that's about where we're at, right?

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:58 am

Guess so, yeah. Minori's going to get her specimen haha. Although thanks! Yeah, it was pretty hard trying to figure out what to write for battle scenes without making Aldred too underpowered compared to Rose (since she's more powerful than him, although he's also pretty powerful in his own way) or it too boring, but I think I managed it (probably) haha. Fun though! I left space for anyone who wanted to write a battle with Rose herself, so if anyone wants to fight her too, they can.

Chuckles, Pixy, if you want I could get Nathan to come in contact with your characters? As part of the recovery team I guess, although if you guys have ideas I'm willing to listen. What do you think? And then we regroup all of our characters together for interaction and recovery to listen to the higher ups talking about what just happened or something. Hmm, plot...

Also, Never! Uh, sorry for posting without waiting for a reply. I got a bit impatient after writing the whole thing out. Sorry!
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:45 am

Oh no, not calling anyone out, I was just saying we've been a little disorganized, probably due to not using the handy dandy OOC. Looking forward to interacting with everyone without it being over the comms.

If no one has any objections, I'm going to try to get Minori's 'vs Rose' post up tonight, and would be willing to use a Titanpad to collab so we can try to all get on the same time frame.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Yeah, I'll post later tonight or really early tomorrow morning in terms of my fight with Rose. And Don't worry about it Alle. I've been kind of busy lately, so it's been hard to sit down and write. I'm glad you took the direction you did. Expect a post within 24 hours though. Thanks!
Gotta Go Fast

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:18 am

Phew. Although drat, I better go edit to make sure that everything fits. Someone save Sillo! Minnie maybe? She and Damion seem to be the only one left who actually have mana haha.

Also, ether pad might be a better site for a collab. It's accessible by phone, which titanpad isn't, and less lag too. I'm up for collabing, although my character would be able to do nothing but provide battle analysation material on Rose's battle strategies (drat, now I wished I thought of this before. It would've been a good explanation of why he went solo first - low on mana, so he decided on giving the others the chance to study her techniques in his battle first since there wasn't really any chance of him beating her thanks to that) and verbal support, unless Minori's own battle took place within the timeframe of Aldred vs Rose part 2.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:16 am

It's probably taking place just before Sillo's fight, assuming I've read everything right. I'll also have her attempt to save Sillo, though she's not going to have a ton of Mana left. Be enough to keep him alive, anyway.

I don't think collabing will be useful for this fight anymore, but it's a good card to have on the table to keep the fights a little more smooth next time. Unless we're going by Final Fantasy rules and everyone just politely waits their turn. Rose would probably go for that, right?

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Posted! Let me know if any edits need to be made, but I think Minori is caught up now.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:39 pm

Nah, Rose would totes slaughter everyone easily if people did that and took turns attacking. SHe would predict too easily. On a sidenote though, we have about 24-36 hours to find a way to power up, because that's how long it will take her to re-apply her concealment spell (its that complex), so the sooner the better. xD

Also congrats to everyone for pissing off Rose. Only Cedric and Selena didn't. They just survived Newton, who for the record, has more raw power then Rose, but has less intelligence then her. But yeah!

And then there is the odd one of the group, Dreamy. Rose can actually predict specific movements better then her, but Dreamy can see them without ever meeting the person.

Good luck everyone! Hope you don't die!

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:09 am

Alright, so we have three days in-universe before Rose comes to slaughter our characters. Four days, since she'll need one more day to replenish her mana after casting the spell. And we need to power up somehow.

Perks suggested totems, so I guess I could use Aldred's bracelet for that. That said, I guess we could also use magical training. It won't be much, but it'll help with coordination and combat tactics. Although, even with that I don't think we'd be well-versed enough in actually using the items to actually defeat her since she seems to be a mid-boss and we're currently level one. Magical items would probably only level us up to level 3, I guess. Anyone has any ideas?

Hmm. Aldred's bracelet was a memento from his mentor, something given after he died. If its a power charm its pretty well-hidden, considering its other capabilities. Pretty high-level magic. Heh, maybe was part of Rose's organisation but went AWOL and got killed by them for that lol.

And now onto plot! We've got to have a reason for our characters to be the one to face off against Rose, apart from being targets of her anger. Our characters aren't really the best of the agency after all. Since all our characters have seen Rose, and the other's Newton, maybe that could be the reason why they were chosen? I've got Nathan ready to transport Selena and Cedric back to HQ the moment they say yes, so we could talk about it in character after our characters regroup. Ideas, anyone?

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:52 am

Without revealing too much, I'd say Sillo has probable cause of going up against Rose in Round 2. I've got that base covered on my end. In terms of totem finding, he's going to go on a quest around the world (literally around the world) trying to find pieces to a medallion used by a Sorcerer (former Gatewatcher) in the Anglo-Saxon period...I think, anyway. Not sure yet. In terms of training, I was just about to have Sillo ask Aldred to train him in some weapon combat if that's okay with you. His pacifist side of him shows he doesn't do much in terms of clashing blades so much as he does work on his agility and dodging capabilities. However, Operation Character Development is a go and this would be part of that. Don't ask what aspect of his character I'm developing, I won't tell. Anyway, hope that's all legal and cool with everyone. Let me know if it interferes with anyone else's plans. Thanks!

On an unrelated note, Bravo your picture for your profile on brought all the feels back to me...dammit Cinder! RIP Piera. :'(

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:37 am

Hmm. Aldred would definitely help Sillos out in combat training. Just be prepared for him not to hold back any punches, lol. He won't aim to kill, but it'll definitely be exhausting and he'll be blunt with observations and pro's and con's, haha.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:38 am

#Spoilers

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Fair reminder: The Fact Gateways existed prior to twenty years ago was only JUST discovered, and not even by everyone, by the Gatewatchers (as far as the majority knew (:O)).

Also, where did you get 3-4 days from? We have a day and a half, maybe two days, Alle.

Also, I completely forgot to mention this in my post, but there are OTHER ways to power up. They are the following:

1: Rapidly Learn New Magic you can use strategicly.

2: Learn some form of Advanced Magic, such as an Infinity Spell or Tri-Gram Symbol Magic.

3: Learn Dark Mana Abilities (Magical power that risks corruption, such as Blood Magic).

4: Undergo some ungodly level of heavy training in a short time. But its gotta be really advanced, really tough, and possibly magic enhanced.

5: THink of an effective strategy.

6: Specialize.

Yeah, I know....that's a lot to forget. XD

I will probably add it in with my next post.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:48 am

It's going to take 1-2 days to cast the spell, right? She's got to rest before then to make sure she's got enough mana to actually cast the spell, so that makes 2 days. She also needs to heal from the injuries she's gotten from our characters, which can be done through spells but would still leave a considerable drain on her stamina. And after casting the spell she'd have to take another day to replenish her mana to the max, so three days. The fourth is optional since she'd have to spend some time finding us lol.

Although to be honest I kind of mistook 24-36 hours as 3 days haha. ^_^' (yes, whatever I said above was me using messed up logic to justify myself. I'm such a dweeb.)

And hmm. I don't think all of us can find magic trinkets within that time slot and master it completely within at least 2 days. Doing so would just be cheap and pretty much impossible, if you excuse me being blunt. How about we make a plot out of it instead? We each go looking for one or two totems as a group, depending on who's decided their totem first, and Rose and her crew tries to stop us whenever we're close to getting them since she doesn't want our characters to get powerful enough to defeat her. Due to the many magical artifacts within the world, she won't be able to know which ones we're after until we get there, so she needs to wait for our characters to appear before she can try to attack us.

Sticking together is probably a good idea since we've got strength in numbers. Once we've managed to get all our totems, we focus on refining and then have a final battle. Along the way, we can also add in plot and character developments of our own if we want, since there's time interspersed between the totem hunting. What do you guys think?

And also, I was wondering - could I make Aldred's mentor related to Rose's organization? Something like a Mage who ditched them and upon getting caught years later, got killed as a result. I figured it'd give the organization more reason to come after our characters. Would that be ok?

Also, on RWBY - I LOVE THAT SHOW! The action scenes are awesome, and the weapons are brilliant! And the setting is glorious! And damn you Cinder. DAMN YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO PYRRHA.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:29 am

What injuries? No one did serious damage to her.

And I left a smorhusborg of plotstuff, to be blunt. I was trying to be crafty about it to make it interesting, dropping hints and what not, but if you want to be BLUNT and BORING, I guess I will just have to spell it out and ruin the elegance of it.

1: Rose's group (Which has a name but is currently unknown to us) has someone inside the Gatewatchers.

2: As mentioned in Chuckles post, they are after magical items.

3: There are secrets within the Gatewatchers. The existence of that magical items and magic prior to twenty years ago was actually known by quite a few higher up people, but the rest did not know.

4: Did I mention the freaking spy?

5: How is this young girl, Dreamy, involved, and why?

6: Zane's father? Who is he? How is he involved in all this? Why does he know one (or really three+) Infinity Spells? Why did Rose kill him ten years ago?

7: Spoilers.

So yeah, I don't know what you were reading, but don't you go around throwing insults like "Blah blah blah we don't have plotstuffs". Besides, isn't it ALL of our jobs to come up with plotstuffs? I certainly see me producing it. CHuckles has some stuff planned too (hence Spoilers) Pretty sure Bravo and Never have something up their sleeves. And I bet everyone else has some of their own ideas.

This period was in fact created to allow players some time to develop their own characters a little WHILE powering up or training or whatevs.

Understood?

Also, I suppose I should add there could be more then one spy. :) CAREFUL WHO YOU TRUST FOOLS! >:O However, this organization has been extremely careful and extremely cautious. Rose was peeved by our insults, but that won't distract her as much next time. She is more intelligent then bloodthirsty. So if his mentor was a part of them, he would not have been so careless as to been killed or even found out before their plan was coming to fruition. Hell, the original plan had no one surviving the museum incident to even know the group existed, and Cedric's group had to survive getting a building crushed with them inside it.

The good news is that since they were unable to avoid leaving so many witnesses, they will have to rush their plans, so more mistakes.

*looks at Alle while holding his beating stick* What was that insult about plot again?

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!