Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gatewatchers

Gatewatchers

a part of “Gatewatchers”, a fictional universe by LookingAtPerks.

"This is the definition of Magic. It is the use of forces and energies that others are unable to explain with our current knowledge of Science"- Allen Blake, Founder of the World Gatewatcher Council.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gatewatchers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Gatewatchers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:54 pm

And God does she want one right now. She'd be curious about Cedric's contra-pairing definitely, but for the time being a small blood sample would all she'd pester him about, maybe some impromptu eye exams.

She would, however, probably pester the shit out of Selena for DNA and skin cell samples to study the fact that she is perpetually young. A neat thing that has the potential for ground breaking discoveries, like her Mana somehow preventing cell death or DNA deterioration to keep her young.

But, her lab is destroyed now, so moot points... for now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Hey guys, we have officially been up for over a month! Woot!

Also, sorry for the delay, but this post had a lot of details to cover as well as future stuff. Also, Zane totes got it wrong cause he didn't know they stole something. :3

Anyways, let us move forward with the story and char-dev stuff!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:33 pm

And posted! Sorry for being late and the terrible quality, had stuff to deal with and its pretty tiring.

Hope I got 'cheerful adorable kid' right though. I'm not sure how to write those kind of characters, so it's probably more like 'cheerful annoying kid' I guess haha. Sigh.
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:49 pm

I classified it as the cheerful hilarious kid myself. XD

EDIT: OH btw, sorry for the delay in the post, but how did you guys like the NPCs coming in and providing background stuffs?

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:31 am

Considering half the characters present "Cheerful Adorable Kid" would also be "Cheerful annoying kid" regardless. Haha. Cedric isn't exactly a fan of kids. Selena isn't a fan if anybody.

Should have a reply Friday, maybe tonight but it's doubtful.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:02 pm

I respect the kid's enthusiasm, but doubt he has what it takes to take on a bear, so he gets a a B+. I kid, he's fine.

And Perks, can't wait for Artemis to start contacting the group. She and Minori will probably have a lot to talk about.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:43 am

So, uh. Should we head for combat, Flip? Or wait for a timeskip?

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Oh, speaking of time....

RP TIME NOTICE!:

The bombing, Museum incident, and train bombing all happeneding before Noon in the morning.

Zane was in Alleytown during the afternoon, as well as some of the later actions of some characters post Museum battle. These events span between early and late afternoon.

My next post will have it be a sunset/post sunset nighttime.

This is my plan reguarding time in this RP. I want it to go slow enough to allow for character development, plotstuffs, and to give us plenty of funstuffs to do and time to get involved with. HOWEVER, I will be pushing time forward if needs be to allow us to get to more plotstuffs, move plots along, and allow time for characters to rest and recharge.

On a side note, remember how the last time I posted NPC stuff it was really epic and gave us a lot more to work with and was really interesting? Wont say much, but we are getting more NPC stuff in my next post, along with another fight scene (which to date follows my pattern of having fight scenes that also help build the story in some way, such as how Zane using those powerful Infinity Spells indicated he knows things he shouldn't with their current level of understanding) that is really epic.

WARNING: I WAS WATCHING GURREN LAGANN WHILE TYPING IT UP (yes its typed up already lol, just not posted yet cause waiting for a few (or at least one more) person to post before I post again) SO THE FIGHT GETS PRETTY EPIC AND EXTREME! :3

That is all.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Post is up, feel free to discuss and speculate things, and beware The Hidden!

I mean, uhh, I know nothing about anything called The Hidden!

xD

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Sun May 01, 2016 9:25 am

Let's head for combat. I was hoping you could show me around the training Facility, given that Sillo's never been there. In terms of actual sparring, we could go to the chat pad and back and forth it, posting the whole fight as one big post. We need to find a day when we're both on so that we can do that. But I don't mind the old fashioned way either.
Gotta Go Fast

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun May 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Got it! I've described the facilities in the post, which is basically really high-tech underground training rooms that can create any simulation out of magical tech or something, which is reinforced so that pretty much nothing can ever bring it down. There are resting rooms for those who want to lean back and look at past matches, and viewing rooms that allows a look at combat live. There's basically this guy in charge who's made out of muscles and just as badass (lets call him Jack Samson), and its also got some really good gyms. And good showers.

For sparring, I'm ok with doing a collab, although I'm also good at doing it the old fashion way too. I don't really know how to use the chat pad though. Would it be ok if we use Etherpad instead? I'm mostly free tomorrow at around 4pm onwards, but I have no clue about timezones. I could just post a link up here and hopefully we run across each other?

Also, Baneling, I kind of had Nathan run into Damion. Sorry about that, it was the only way I could figure out for them to meet and talk. Aldred's a bit indisposed of right now, so hopefully Nathan could be a good substitute for a battle?

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Sun May 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Monday, I got work till 10 CST. Tueaday, I'm good.

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun May 01, 2016 10:46 pm

Got it. Here's the link. I'm free till 9CST today, but tomorrow I've got school till Wednesday 4 CST. I think. Math is not my strong suite.

https://etherpad.net/p/Gatewatchers

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Mon May 02, 2016 2:34 pm

Hey guys! Guess what!

I am going to be putting up a thread that details the Gatewatcher Chain of Command structure soon!

So, along with telling me what you think of recent revelations and what not (and the pure epic action of the post), let me know what you think and if you have any ideas I can incorperate?

Also, Solo, feel free to literally do whatever with that sniper. Just know, he is coming after you because of who Selena works for, and what her job is. He is also a Gatewatcher who was thought to be deceased, should his identity be exposed. :)

*starts to sing* "Weaving a web of mystery. Weaving a web of lie. Bringing the world to chaos. Who is going to die? Who is the traitor we seek? Who is the one we let by...."

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Tue May 03, 2016 1:03 am

Then we shall do it Wednesday at 4 PM CST then. I'll have the first Sillo statement up on the etherpad by that time and we can go from there. :)

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Tue May 03, 2016 7:55 am

Welp, Selena is officially scary now, with her basement of toys.

Meanwhile, dark threats loom on the horizon.

But Alle, Never, I expect some epic fight post to come from you guys! Got it? If its not epic, hammers will fall from the sky and land on your faces!

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Wed May 04, 2016 1:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cirhQ8iLdbw

First 30 seconds is Minori's ringtone, in case anyone was curious.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Wed May 04, 2016 8:21 am

Hmm. I was off an hour or so. Would CST 5pm do? Although I've got school after that, so I'll only be on an hour before I have to set off. Sorry.

Perks, we'll try to please. :D

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Wed May 04, 2016 4:33 pm

It will do fine. I can do paperwork stuff until then. :)

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Thu May 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Yo, Alle.

I totes got an idea. Ima type up my post in a pad, type out everything about the fight, then when you have time, you can go through it and make any adjustments you need for Aldred's character to keep it him, and add some stuff of your own. It seems like that might be a really efficient way of dealing with Damion/Nathan's fight.

What do you think?
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!