Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gatewatchers

Gatewatchers

a part of “Gatewatchers”, a fictional universe by LookingAtPerks.

"This is the definition of Magic. It is the use of forces and energies that others are unable to explain with our current knowledge of Science"- Allen Blake, Founder of the World Gatewatcher Council.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gatewatchers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Gatewatchers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:58 am

*raises shield defensively*

Hey, I didn't insult plot. Although yes, I am not good with subtleties, and putting all that out in the open helps, thanks. All I said was that all of us finding powerful trinkets and completely mastering them within two days is, in my opinion, kind of impossible and a cheap way of winning the battle against Rose. When a character is hyped up as much as Rose is, what with the infinity spells not working on her and all, just getting rid of her after two days with a power-amplifying trinket is a let down. Getting a powerup that large tends to involve hard work to both master and use it effectively,and being able to do that within two days doesn't sit well with me - it actually pisses me off. Power that great just can't be handed over on a silver platter and mastered within minutes, it takes hard work and general control. Other than that I'm actually pretty ok with the plot, although I still don't quite get what's going on apart from Rose and her crew trying to take down the Gateways and that we've got to stop it.

Also, I thought Rose got injured by Minori? I remember reading about her stabbing Rose thanks to the time spell. Unless she healed, its pretty likely that the stab would be there until the end of the battle and she needed to heal it. As for the three days thing, if it takes one to two days recovery to cast a spell that uses up that much mana, then she'd need another day or two to get back that same mana, unless someone replenished her mana or something. If that's what happened, then ok.

Also, if they've got plot in mind, then why aren't they sharing? Although to be fair Never did, and they might not really have anything in mind and plan to go with the flow for now. I get that they don't really want to share spoilers, but isn't it better if everyone knew about a general direction so that we can all figure out how to add and work with it in the plot? I don't get it, because that's normally how I work - sharing ideas about character and plot so that everyone can discuss and see if it works with them or not and how to add, or change if need be. If it's different from how you guys work, then I'm sorry for being nosy (or insulting - I honestly don't know if this sounds insulting), and will try to drop it.

And finally - I apologise if I insult your roleplay. That wasn't my intention. I'm not really good with words or talking to people in general, so if it came out badly then I'm sorry. All I wanted was to discuss if the totem amplification magic would work better if we drew out the fights with Rose and her crew, and a general look at where the plot would go to in both long term and short term.

I'm used to people throwing ideas on plot and people around and having a general knowledge about the layout of what direction we're going in next - for example meeting up in this spot to have a quick break before derailing into a fight with each other if no last minute changes take place - so not knowing what's going on makes me feel uneasy, I guess. So, I'm sorry if it came out rudely. I honestly didn't intend to sound like I was insulting anything. If anything, I was trying to be polite - although I guess that didn't work out well.

So Aldred's mentor can't be from Rose's organisation... darn. I really wanted him to be since it would give Aldred a deeper reason instead of 'we pissed each other off so we're out for blood.' haha. Ah well. Guess I should find another reason. Hmm....
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:06 am

MOM! DAD! STOP THE FIGHTING! YOU'RE SCARING FLIP!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:26 am

Uh. We're fighting?! I thought we were just stating our opinions and stuff! I didn't know we were fighting!

I'M SORRY FLIP DON'T BE SCARED AAAAGGHH I'M SUCH A LOSER AGGGHHH I'M SOOORRRRYYYY

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:23 pm

I like how I'm portrayed as the innocent one in this family of RPers.
Gotta Go Fast

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:07 pm

It's the Chimchar. You want to exude maturity, go Muk or go home.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:14 pm

Never, its because Sillo is on the list for Gatewatcher's top ten bachelors most liked characters.

Alle, you think you get to be peeved though? YOu made me ruin the atmosphere I was creating but stating all those things. I like to surprise people, to finesse things in, to have those moments where you rip off the curtain and the crowd goes "Wow, I didn't see that coming!". I love the reveal, I revel in it, and you kinda murdered some of it. So you don't get to be mad or peeved or whatever. >:(

At least I can still salvage some surprises I have planned.... :)

Anyways, Brave, for your excellent handling of this situation and calming things down (And making it easier for me to preserve future surprises so we can still have those moments where we all go "Oh shit! I didn't see that one coming" or "Aww yes, this is awesome!", you are the official PR person. :D

And Never, you get a lollipop. :3

Now, lets get back to posting peoples!

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:41 pm

I actually have to agree with Alle on the turnaround timeline. Two days wasn't what I was expecting...

unless it's like two days in old school RPG game days where it actually meant how ever long you want as long as you don't sleep at the inn since the game has no day/night cycle... then two days it's fine. haha

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:30 am

Oi. You think that's upset? I'm merely stating the facts as I see it. Although I guess I should say that since I hate surprises and being kept in the dark, it might be why I'm constantly going on about sharing things. Sorry.

I wasn't trying to piss you off. If I'd thought it was terrible, I'd have left, but I love this story - the villains are great, and although I need the more subtle things pointed out to me I think its pretty cool. I'm just not agreeing with the way the powerups are being handled, which was why I offered a suggestion in what I thought was a tactful manner - although apparently it wasn't. Sorry.

Also - the me from above wasn't pissed off - I was being apologetic. There's a difference between me being pissed and being apologetic. >:(

Maybe I should retract that apology I made...

Also, both chimchar and Sillo are adorable. I do not want to make a cute flaming monkey cry. That would be too sad :D.
Last edited by Alle9009 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:04 am

Uhh. Hey guys. Sorry I've been a slow poster. I'm working on it, don't judge me. Just checking in, making sure everything is A-Okay? I'll get my post up sometime today, I promise : )
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:42 am

Not pissed. I am incapable of such emotion over something like this. Just peeved.

There are levels of difference between peeved and pissed off.

Peeved - Mildly Unhappy - Aggravated - Irritated - Extremely Aggravated - Annoyed - Mad - Angry - Bloodthirsty - Pissed off.

I think I forgot a few, but you get the point.

And I think you forget just how much resources the Gatewatchers have access to. They own the Government.

TBH, two days was actually kinda stretching it. Especially since Newton could just come and level the building we are in. But as mentioned, there are other ways. If someone wants to suggest them before I do in my post, feel free!

Because as mentioned, I forgot during my last post.

Also, Alle, I couldn't help but notice Aldred only took his shirt off after I mentioned Gatewatchers Top Ten BachelorsTop Ten Most Likable People list.....you wouldn't be trying to improve your standing would you?

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Alright, my bad. But saying that I don't have the right to be peeved is pretty wrong, don't you think? You were asking me to use a route of power I'm not comfortable with to level up, and when I brought up my doubts and a suggestion you placed words in my mouth that I didn't say and say I don't have the right to be peeved. I might not have had the right to be peeved at first, but now I do.

But eh. it happens.

@ Pixy - I'm not sure, to be honest. For the record, I still disagree with treating someone who's been hyped up to the point of being an implied final boss to be dealt with after only two days, via magical power-amplifying trinkets like a level one monster. Power has to be earned, not just given on a silver platter. It doesn't take two days to earn something that powerful even with the other methods, it takes a long period of time and a reasonable amount of hard work, just like in real life.

Gatewatchers have their own community, since they have a HQ. so they should have levels of authorisation, with the head of the Gatewatchers at the top calling the shots, right? As our characters are young, they should probably be around the lower tiers of the organisation, which means that they have less authority over the government than the head if I guess right. And thanks to having less authority and the Gatewatcher organisation being in charge over magical artifacts, as well as being relatively normal, I'm not sure whether people up top would just allow three kids, two teens, two young woman and one young man to access potentially world-destroying if in the right hands artifacts just because they asked lol.

Then again, I don't really know much about the Gatewatchers community, so I guess I could be wrong with my assumptions.

But other than that, I'm A-ok with the plot. :D

I think the reason we're so at odds here is that Perks likes to wow people by keeping plot hidden until the right moment so that he can make people amazed and happy, like a performer. For me I'm the opposite in that I hate surprises and being kept in the dark about plot. I'm more like a technician - I find it more enjoyable to share ideas with people and work on it together until things are seamless, and then see if we can connect plot ideas and character development together and create more complexities in the story, haha. Makes me feel more like I'm actually being useful and contributing instead of just reacting to whatever's thrown at me, I guess. Sorry if the fighting/opinion-sharing scared you guys.

And lol, I already had that scene planned before this happened. Aldred's shirt was torn to shreds in his fight with Rose, no point keeping that rag on right? Enjoy the fan-service, people~! XD

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:17 pm

It's fine, but I think a little bit of compromise can go a long way. I want this RP to stay fun.

Because, seriously guys, you're scaring the ever loving crap out of Flip, and he is a precious lil fire monkey and is to be protected.

That being said, I wouldn't mind working out who may be pairing up with whom for our training quests. There's a lot of interesting potential dynamics here, some of which we haven't gotten a good chance to see yet. Flip, you said something about Sillo going globe hopping for his trinket, yeah? Can he teleport others over such long distances? I had some ideas for Minori that may or may not involve Russia.
Last edited by Bravo_Zver on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:13 pm

I'm just here...I guess...spectating this debacle.

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:55 pm

*wraps a blanket around Flip and offers nachos with cheese and a large beverage to watch the debacle*

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:15 am

Extra popcorn! A dollar a bag for popcorn, fifty cents for drinks!

Although I honestly didn't expect to start one. Maybe I should've phrased my worries as a question. I tend to consider the GM as 'someone who makes and run the main plot and setting' and my role as a player as 'someone who is able to contribute to plot by the character and is able to work with GM and other players on plot-related ideas and a current plan of action' instead of 'character reacts to what the GM throws at us while waiting to see where the plot goes', since it's what I'm used to, but the rules are different here I guess? So I'm probably at fault here haha.

Although, being kept in the dark about the plot is still frustrating. Same for surprises about said plot, especially if it's a short term surprise. I'm worried that any plans I've come up with for my characters would have to be scrapped because of the plot not allowing it lol.

Glad you guys are enjoying the debacle though. Sorry for the trouble, Bravo! I want to keep the rp fun too, although my constant questioning seems to contradict that. Coming to a compromise soon sounds good too. Perks, would you mind I make an etherpad to continue the conversation there so that the people on the OOC won't be bothered by it? Could also be used for collabs, and discussing in real time might help us come to some conclusions on this matter. :D

Extra Nachos with steaming hot cheese sauce for the ridiculously cheap price of $2! For only $3.95, you can get a combo of nachos and a can of drink! $4.50 for popcorn and drink combo!

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:33 am

I guess I'm the one who has to go next, so I'll make my post tonight.

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Actually, I should probably post soon as well. XD

Also, I know its been said by Perks, but just a thought here:

How do we know Rose will come back and kill us all? Its only been said by our characters as an estimate. To add to this point....

What did Newton take at the Gatewatcher HQ? If I remember correctly, he showed up to take something, then leveled the building probably to hide the evidence, right Chuckles?

I don't think the destruction of the Gatewatcher's is their primary objective, and I am not just saying that cause I am privy to some of the plotstuffs. :3 All I am saying is, do we actually know, for a fact, that Rose will return in two days, because Zane said all that not knowing Newton went ot HQ and took something. I think that object should be a focus for at least some of our characters as well.

Just to help bring some peace to OOC and as a note.

*is a master detective. Is totes doing detective work right here. Is in the firm belief at least two assumptions made by characters are wrong so far*
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Squishy brings up some good points. There is stuff to explore and stuff to be done. Not sure what aspects I'll have her look into, but I do know Minori is not going to be happy to see the building is a pile of rubble. I'm also very curious as to how she, Cedric, and Selena will interact.

Plus, there's still the T-rex...

Glad to see the OOC is starting to cool down. Cool heads prevail.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Baneling is correct, Newton did in fact go back to HQ to retrieve 'something' (I'm not hiding anything there, I literally don't know what it is that I had him retrieve... it's TBD haha)

Personally I think Cedric would probably have a decent working relationship with Minori. I'd imagine she has on more than one occasion tried to get Cedric to let her study him, what with the seemingly contra-paring of mana color. He probably hasn't agreed to this (however, it might be interesting to explore once he starts delving deeper into powering up) remember, Cedric isn't antisocial, he just gives people the heebie jeebies.

Besides, she's not a teenager. Folks of legal drinking age got to stick together. :-P

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Also, Cedric just called Selena by a nickname. Prepare for all other characters present to have their mind thoroughly blown by that fact. Also, she might murder him for it... we'll see.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!