Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Weird Chat Error

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Re: Weird Chat Error

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Fail! Turns out I was typing the commands into RUN instead of the CMD. Never mind, here's the data.
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Misha.SEANIX-E3D435E0>nslookup http://www.roleplaygateway.com

Server: resolver1.opendns.com
Address: 208.67.222.222

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: http://www.roleplaygateway.com
Address: 173.203.107.43

C:\Documents and Settings\Misha.SEANIX-E3D435E0>

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Entity of Sin wrote:Now I get a chatroom with no convo and no user list.

Yay! Progress!

same
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Ious on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:27 pm

not actually a progress.
I got there (empty chat with no location, user list, or character list) without doing anything, which leads to me thinking that this is a server side problem... or perhaps a lag or something...

EDIT :
back to square one, clicking the roleplay doesn't do a thing.
qbsuperstar03 wrote:I've been looking at that username for God knows how long, and it JUST occurred to me how to pronounce it.

It's less like "Mister Eye-ous" and more like "mysterious."

Damn, I feel stupid.

Mr Ious
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Actually it is progress cause before you just click the room you want to go and it just refreshed the page. At least an empty room with no convo is some progress. At least it is to me.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Just something to lighten the mood while Eric works ;)
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:51 pm

All's fixed. Had an issue with the new server configuration! Everyone should now be able to get into chat.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:46 pm

A few people have reported they still are having problems. To fix the issue, you need to clear both your cookies and your cache. Because this is different for each browser, find guides on how to do this below, for each of the more popular browsers:

This video covers IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
And this guide will tell you how to do so in Opera
And this will help if you use Safari

And then, just reload the chat after logging back in (deleting cookies will log you out, so make sure you aren't mid-way through writing a forum post or anything) and everything should be back to normal.

Any other problems, be sure to ask for assistance.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am

Yeah it was working for a while for me and now I can't even get into chat with the "soft" fix of clearing cookies and cashe.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rheinhardt on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:04 am

I switched to Firefox to get it to work, and lo and behold; within a few hours Firefox began failing as well. I'll keep clearing cookies and attempting to reload, but I think the problem is deeper.

Rheinhardt
Member for 15 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:07 am

Server end problem. *sigh* I don't understand this kind of stuff. Why things do what they do. if the code makes it work, then how come it isn't working correctly?

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:01 am

Now the chat just won't appear(Well this is bullshit)
I've cleared my entire cookie+cache, but it still won't let me in

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!