Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Weird Chat Error

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Weird Chat Error

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 am

I pull up chat, select the Roleplay I want to enter and nothing happens. It loads like it's going to the Chat, but seemingly finishes on a blank page telling me to select a Roleplay I already selected. It is pissing me off. Does anyone know what might cause this?
[center]"All artwork and ideas seen in my characters and stories have credit given to their individual creators, whether or not me or another individual is the creator in question."

"Now why not repay a favor and feed my hungry animals for me?"
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Group Theory

Re: Weird Chat Error

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:59 am

I haven't any idea exactly what's causing it, but I know that it isn't just you and I getting it, BB! Quite a few other folks that I've talked to aren't managing to access the chat, despite reloading, shift + reloading, clearing caches, etc.

I guess we've just gotta wait it off like any other lag...

Lain

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 am

It seems to be fixed for the time being, it does it occasionally, but it's fine at the moment. Good to know I wasn't the only one.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Group Theory

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 pm

Well, it's back up again.

Grr, i don't mind the chat being down, but the chat being down with people in it?

Grr. I wanna read.
Injuries of the heart is the hardest to heal, for it actually takes time and will to embrace the pain, and be affected by it.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 pm

It's back...again...

I'd still like to know what causes it, cause it gets annoying fast. D=

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:51 am

Still haven't a clue what exactly is causing it, but it is happening again. I'm not sure if there are actually people in the chat when this happens, but the time before when this happened, there were several people who appeared to have been in the chat through this nonsense.

Hopefully we'll get a response from someone who has an idea as to what is going on, because this is going to become very annoying, very fast, if it continues to happen.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:05 am

Having the same problem.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby secily roswell on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:40 am

Ugh its driving me INSANE!! Mine wont let me into any chats. I can still browse the site. It's so annoying.

secily roswell
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:00 am

/Rage face.

What is this shit?
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:14 am

Okay, this is incredibly annoying, we all understand that. There is no reason, however, to dissolve into vulgar language over a site problem.

This is a growing site, as I am sure we are all completely aware, and as such problems need to be worked out with down-time. The Chat facility has been down for some time today, but the forums and roleplay tabs are still fully functional as far as I am aware, so there is no reason why those who usually use the Chat cannot use these whilst it is being fixed.

Again, this is quite obvious, but whining about the problem will not get rid of it any faster.

Lain-Angelelique

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 am

It seems like there are some network or cookie issues here. Have you guys tried clearing your cache and cookies (this will log you out of the site entirely if you do it right) and doing it again?

Also, if anyone has Firebug, it would be helpful to know what your "Net" tab looks like when the chat "isn't working".

I'll be continuing to troubleshoot, but as it stands, I cannot appear to duplicate this.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:41 am

I've just cleared my cache and cookies; logged back in and still can't enter the chat. =/

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:45 am

What it's doing for me now is going to the page where you have the choice to pick which chat you want to enter. I click either or and it just refreshes the same page.

Last night it just logged me into the chat and I was able to stay there for a few hours. << I've cleared everything.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:54 am

Yeah, so I'll need to see someone's Firebug window to get any further... sorry guys. :(

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm getting it now though my internet is acting up so this could take some time.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Israle has firebug on his Firefox, and he wants to know exactly what it is you would like to see in a screenshot (assuming that no one else has already messaged you one).

The Net tab in all/HTML/CSS/JS/XHR/Images or Flash?

We're also assuming that this would be after the chat fails to put you through to the roleplay you click on.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:12 pm

This is what I got. Dunno if it helps.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Issy and I have a quick question:

When you get into the chat, what is the URL at the top of the screen? It used to be "chat.roleplaygateway.com/embed" that we used to get into the chat, but now when we go there it's "roleplaygateway.com/embed". When Israle adds the "chat." to the start of the URL, we actually get to click on a roleplay and get the screen shifting to the chat before instant logout.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:30 pm

iFail

This is actually what I get when I click multiverse in the 'Net' tab if that helps.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:36 pm

This is exactly what I'm looking for, Crim... but I need the very bottom part of that window you're on. There might be a scrollbar, but I need to see the very last things in it.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!