Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A New York Life

A New York Life

a part of “A New York Life”, a fictional universe by Collapse.

A look into the lives of the tenants of an apartment building at 304 W 14th Street, in Manhattan, New York

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A New York Life”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: A New York Life

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:20 pm

If you'd like, I can take it just to get the ball rolling. I could probably have him finished by tomorrow night.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chandz
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Hey Chandz! We do need the role filled, but I don't want to push him on to you if you don't want or have the time to play two characters, so don't feel pressured. Dumisa said she was going to pay him but never got the WIP up, so we are still looking. If you want him, you're welcome to take him, but don't feel like you must since you already have Collin!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Collapse
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:22 am

Ollo guys! I was wondering if that last male spot was up for grabs still?

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:30 am

I believe either Dumisa or Chandz are taking it, Grimbones66. I was disappointed to see you drop out of HHS, btw D:.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:36 am

Dumisa was going to, but Dumisa hasn't handed in anything since her reservation and I guess hasn't asked for any sort of extension from Collapse. Chandz said they would pick it up if no one else would.

I think that makes Grimbones suitable to at least try for the spot? :)

Sometimes I wish I had stayed in HHS.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:37 am

yeah I went into a hella depression and it just fucked everything up for me. I tried to keep up but eventually I lost track of what people were doing. It's weird because I have my first post all written out and I never posted it and I don't even fracking know why I didn't.

EDIT: well i'll give the role a shot ^^ I'll be using Jake T Austin but if y'all think he looks too young then I can change him just let me know.

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:41 am

As of right now, we have two people going for the role, so I don't think we're in need of further applications. If it does free up within the next 24 hours and we need someone, I'll be sure to let you know, GB :).

Collapse
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:49 am

Okie doke, no probs.

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:28 am

I mean, I have a WIP in the works but I wouldn't want to be the one to remove the opportunity for someone else. I wasn't aware Dumisa wanted it as well. I do have something in the process but I don't mind playing one character (and I don't mind playing two). Whatever you guys think is best.

Chandz
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:33 am

@Chandz; I have a Work In Progress in the works, too.

But it's whatever Collapse decide, I guess. :)

Dumisa
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:44 am

I don't mind giving it up, honestly. Dumisa was here first and wanted it first. @Dumisa If you want it love, you can have it :) I wouldn't want to be the one to steal your thunder. I don't want to be the person to take away anyone's rightful spot, ya know?

Chandz
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Whoever wants it, please just make sure it's finished by tonight.

We should be starting tonight, so everyone, please try to get all of your relationships sorted out :). We're going to be beginning at the end of November, likely on the day before Thanksgiving.

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:49 pm

When is American thanks giving? I'm sorry I have to ask because I'm Canadian and we celebrate in October so it's a bit different.

(Also on my phone as I'm waiting for class to start right now)

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby predictmeifyoucan on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Sorella, Thanksgiving in the U.S. is celebrated on the last Thursday of November.

predictmeifyoucan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Yo guys I sent out relationship messages all day today so if anyone sent a PM I didn't reply to that was like any kinds of important, please let me know ^^" my imbox is a wreck lol

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:05 pm

I figured that it might be more interesting to just jump right into it and start on Thanksgiving. Unless you don't want your character to be involved, I figured that to get all of the characters interacting right off the bat, everyone would end up being at the apartments for Thanksgiving. Like for one reason or another, they don't go to see family/don't have family to see, and end up spending the holiday together. Lauren said that Cara could host it in Apartment 5C, but it would likely be a last minute thing, so maybe even when we're starting now, everyone's not sure about what they're doing, or are planning on doing nothing, or are planning on going somewhere else, and then the invitation is extended to them when they all realize they don't have much else going on.

Or each apartment can do their own thing. I'm totally cool with whatever.

Everyone can start posting now. I was going to post for Nick first, but on my way into my house from work, I slammed my finger in my door, and I'm pretty sure my finger is broken D: or it's just horribly bruised and is going to be swollen and blue for a few days. I'm hoping it'll feel better when I wake up in the morning, but right now it hurts just to type this, so I'm not going to even bother working on a post.

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm sorry to those of you who have PMed me and haven't gotten response back yet D:! I'm trying and should respond tonight or tomorrow!

But yeah, Cara could host a last minute Thanksgiving dinner that night! Lilac and I planned that Cara's father and stepmother are out of the country on a vacation, and Cara planned on going to her now ex boyfriend's house for the holiday, so that's why she wouldn't have anywhere else to be. Roman, Nick and Brooklyn would know that she was planning on doing stuff for her and Ryan there, and Chanel, Makayla and Holly definitely would have had the offer extended to them because they're friends with Cara too. And then everyone else could have just been invited through each other, like Chanel/Makayla inviting Marie, and maybe Marie inviting Collin, and Collin bringing Isaac. If that makes sense, and assuming that everyone wants their character to come!

LaurenAFI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Collapse on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:42 pm

Hey guys! Great posting so far :D! I'm sorry for still not having mine up. I'm getting X-rays done tomorrow on my hand because I'm literally in more pain than I have ever been in in my life! I know it sounds really dramatic for just smashing a finger in a door ;D but I'm serious that it's bizarrely painful! BurningBridges and I are probably going to start a collab post tonight though :D.

And just so everyone is on the same page, this is the layout that I'm imagining for the apartments.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... MwhRKE4wTg

Minus the washer/dryer room, since the apartment would just have those in the basement of the building. I know those look pretty nice/spacious for NYC apartments, so I guess we'll just have to go with the idea that they're getting a pretty good deal ;), and obviously the furniture and all would be what they brought in, so it doesn't have to be all updated and stuff (like I imagine Cara's apartment would probably be nicer looking than the rest). And like, the person living in the bedroom with the attached bathroom would probably have to pay an extra share of the rent and stuff, so feel free to work that out among yourselves!

Collapse
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby predictmeifyoucan on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm

I hope your finger feels better Collapse D:

predictmeifyoucan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby predictmeifyoucan on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:02 am

Hey, guys. So there's been a change with Roman and Marie's relationship. Since I highly doubt anyone's checking the relationship thread, I'm just gonna post this here. So instead of them presently sleeping together here and there, it's going to be a thing that happened for a few weeks after Roman and Nick and Brooke moved into the apartment. After that, it stopped and yeah. That's all.

predictmeifyoucan
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!