Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RPG Newspaper anyone?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Re: RPG Newspaper anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 am

VitaminHeart wrote:I've not been keeping up with the MV very much lately, but I'd have fun doing the classifieds/small ads if needed.

Edit: Silver dropped out, so need two more people for classified, situation vacant ect ect.
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Okay basically plan is to be finished by this month. If you have any ideas for adverts to put advertising roleplays, events, wanted ads and more. If you have any of these then please submit them here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 am

i wanna do something. =l
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rispetto on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:15 am

Send me in a bloody question!

Rispetto
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rispetto on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 am

Rispetto wrote:
Rispetto wrote:I want a Character Advice Column.
Ask Avraeci!

Alright, so I'll be doing both items under the Advice Column.
Two persona will be taken up.
My character Avraeci will be answering life questions in Ask Avraeci!
And then Dr. Strangelove will be answer love questions in Dr. Strangelove.

Ask Avraeci is your basic advice column. Ranging from what color you should paint your walls, to which fruit you should have for a snack. Anything to do with life/work/school/ect.

Dr. Strangelove is more eccentric on love. Ask the Doctor for advice, or just rant about affairs and such. (Disclaimer; Nothing TOO explicit.)

Anyway. I request that you guys out there start shooting me PM's 'from' your characters to either one of these persona.
Just make the subject; Dear, (Persona Here).
Then make sure you put from/love/sincerely (Your character name here.)

OK! So, Saken is now joining me for help on Dr. Strangelove!
The questions being handled for so will be bumped up to ten!
Five for Ask Avraeci.
Ten for Dr. Strangelove.
Now! Attention readers; MALE Askers will send in their questions to Saken. FEMALE Askers will send in their questions to ME.

Remember, to PM them to our inboxes.

Rispetto
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:44 am

Rispetto wrote:
Rispetto wrote:
Rispetto wrote:I want a Character Advice Column.
Ask Avraeci!

Alright, so I'll be doing both items under the Advice Column.
Two persona will be taken up.
My character Avraeci will be answering life questions in Ask Avraeci!
And then Dr. Strangelove will be answer love questions in Dr. Strangelove.

Ask Avraeci is your basic advice column. Ranging from what color you should paint your walls, to which fruit you should have for a snack. Anything to do with life/work/school/ect.

Dr. Strangelove is more eccentric on love. Ask the Doctor for advice, or just rant about affairs and such. (Disclaimer; Nothing TOO explicit.)

Anyway. I request that you guys out there start shooting me PM's 'from' your characters to either one of these persona.
Just make the subject; Dear, (Persona Here).
Then make sure you put from/love/sincerely (Your character name here.)

OK! So, Saken is now joining me for help on Dr. Strangelove!
The questions being handled for so will be bumped up to ten!
Five for Ask Avraeci.
Ten for Dr. Strangelove.
Now! Attention readers; MALE Askers will send in their questions to Saken. FEMALE Askers will send in their questions to ME.

Remember, to PM them to our inboxes.

Post this is another thread and advertise in chat :).

Rulke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:20 am

This looks like it may have promise, I think I should be added to the list of NRP Contributors.

Any objections?
Nip it in the bud.

barney_fife
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester Storyteller Greeter Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:39 am

barney_fife wrote:This looks like it may have promise, I think I should be added to the list of NRP Contributors.

Any objections?

Talk to Ala and Demi and see how they feel about it.

Rulke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:09 pm

I have no objections.
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Just so you guys know, "economics" has been boiled down by Kara and myself to a blurb of exchange rates. I set up the spreadsheet and all Kara has to do is find out what the other currencies are worth relative to the Galactic Standard Dollar at press time. (Figures courtesy of Galactic Standard Bank.)

As for humorists...what would a paper be without comics? I know there are quite a few artistically inclined people lurking about, such as Mid, MisterMars and even Ishae Junta, the last one of which puts a very sarcastic spin on bar drama.

We'll need to come up with non-combat sports to write about in the aforementioned Sports section, however. Who's to say that the Arena can't be made into a baseball field? As for a puzzle page, word searches and jumbles aren't too difficult to compose IMO, with cryptograms (messages where one letter replaces another) being of medium difficulty and crosswords taking what most might call a peculiar sort of mind. As for Sudoku, there might or might not be a program that automatically generates them and even lets you select a desired difficulty when doing so...I'll have to check. Chess problems might even be possible.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Wow you sure thought hard about this. I was worried when some people dropped out.

Rulke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Rispetto and Saken - my characters will give you some questions later on this weekend <3

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:18 pm

barney_fife wrote:This looks like it may have promise, I think I should be added to the list of NRP Contributors.

Any objections?

None from me.

I'm fielding a report of the recent debacles, including the Nuking of the GodFlower, the attack on Drulovic and other such things.
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:39 am

Excellent. I'll be handling some news from Terra, including what the Terran Parliament has been up to. And I'm sure Ishae Junta could be persuaded in, if someone gave her some ideas for the bar comics. I know there are crossword, cryptogram and sudoku makers too.

But yes, I have the current economic figures on my comp as well.

Crossword Puzzle Maker
Cryptogram maker
Sudoku Maker
Last edited by DemiKara on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:46 am

Az is doing the Political Humorist so he'll be making snide attacks at either side XD.

Rulke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:18 pm

The thing about making good puzzles, DemiKara, is that you have to leave enough clues such that the solver is able to use logic (and perhaps some trial and error) to fill in the rest. With cryptograms, it's in the use of punctuation, whereas I happen to have an entire book (Crossword Puzzles for Dummies by Michelle Arnot) about that fascinating field.

Apologies to those that have been looking forward to seeing my work, as we have been wrestling with the wireless router at home for the past few days. Add to that the fact that I have a big presentation coming up, and you have a recipe for inactivity.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JewelGlutton on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:48 pm

FFFF- I wanna do something, but humorist is taken... Could I do soemthign to do with everday Gambit's?

JewelGlutton
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:40 am

I suppose, but need to talk to Crim to as we're both the editors.

Rulke
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Hey Rulke, remember when you're sending users our way with questions, Saken is handling questions from male's and Risp is handling questions concerning girls (IC, of course, he roleplayer's gender doesn't matteer. =p).

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:32 pm

I thought silver only did female, sorry, about that. :)

Rulke
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!