Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Orion Affair

The Orion Affair

a part of “The Orion Affair”, a fictional universe by Cloud.

Step through the doors of Orion Institute of Magic and enter a world of witchcraft and wizardry.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Orion Affair”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Orion Affair

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:13 am

Just putting a note in that I'll get Adie's post up in the morning! Apologies for the delay. Too much studying makes Cloud a tired girl.

Edit: Posted! Hopefully it's cohesive. I'll have to reread it and edit any mistakes when I get back from work :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:09 pm

Posted! Sorry it took me so long for this. It took me forever to figure out how I wanted to play Mac in this scene. Then my first draft of this got deleted, and everyone has been putting out such high quality stuff here that I felt the need to make sure It was up to snuff.

Hope you don't mind the direction I went with that Layla, I just thought it would be funny to watch Mac be equal parts jealous and in denial, and it kind of manifested itself that way. Let me know what you guys think about the necklace too. It was a plot bunny that popped into my head a while ago and decided to throw in. I left it pretty open ended so that we could make it as big or as small a thing down the road as we like, but its there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:35 pm

Kohana, oh gosh. I hate it when you write out a post and then it gets deleted. I've had that happen to me several times before and it's terrible. But awesome work on the post! From what I read about the necklace it looked alright! We can always figure out a way to work it into the plot later if you like :)

And speaking of plot... I have the plot vaguely planned out. Yippee! I've decided to make a separate post for the beginning of the drama so that I can tell a bit of a story about the history of Orion and why this dark wizard is targeting the school. So that should come after I've posted for Lito. Fivehours and I are working on a collab with him and Rue so hopefully that'll be out within the next week...

Also, in other news... Introducing Noah Ripley, our quiet, studious little Centaurus baby. He's not a transfer, so he's always been at Orion, but since he's so quiet he doesn't have many friends. If anyone wants to discuss relationships with him and your character feel free to PM me, otherwise I'm happy to have them as neutral given that's what Noah is to the majority of students :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi all! I just thought I'd drop a note to say that fivehours' internet isn't behaving at the moment and I don't think she'll be able to post for a few days. If anyone is waiting on Leo's post before posting their own, I'd advice just going ahead and posting. Fingers crossed she'll figure it out soon :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby esoteric on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Many apologies for not having made my second post yet! Seriously, I genuinely feel like a piece of shit. I'm still working myself through a writing rut but, in all fairness, that's no excuse. I know a few of us are swamped with exams so that gives me a little time, but if I hold up anyone for too long I encourage you to skip me. I'll play catch up if need be. I just don't want to hold anyone up. I'm simply making this post to say that I'm still around, I'm just struggling to find my muse.

Fingers crossed that I get my mojo back!

Good luck everyone on your exams!

esoteric
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Esoteric, your first post was amazing, and if your second is anything like it, then it'll be worth the wait! But gosh, exams. Why do we need exams? No exams would make my life a lot less stressful.

In other news, I've posted for Noah. He's being typical Noah and studying at Orion rather than visiting Makutu. If anyone is interested, I gave the library and Centaurus common rooms a brief description... And I suddenly really hope I didn't contradict anything anyone else has already said.

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:08 pm

IMPORTANT: POST EDIT

Hey guys, sorry about it but I've edited my post. Just realised there was a case of OOC. Rose wouldn't have stepped back from the challenge or revealed so blatantly that she was threatening Devan. So instead, she pressed close to him (probably too close for comfort) and her wand is sort of obscured by the proximity of their bodies. Sorry about it, everyone! Especially you, iCat >.<

Also, another thing to note: Rose's relationship with Aidan is not common knowledge. We figured it'd be funny if some people mistook their relationship for a romantic one haha.

But meanwhile, keep the posts coming! They're all so amazing. I love it I love it. And NOAH!!! OMG. OMMMMG. My soul T_T He's had such a hard life. Poor baby. LET ME HOLD YOU IN MY ARMS. I WILL TAKE THE PAIN AWAAAAYY~~~

EDIT: Oh, that is not to say nobody can see her pointing the wand at Devan. I mean, it's a freaking wand. But not everybody will, and it isn't so in your face, which is good enough for Rose. She isn't here to make friends.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:51 am

Christ, guys, I'm really sorry about my disappearance! Life has really been catching up with me -I work two jobs (just quit one though), go to school, and on top of that my internet was absolutely shot for about a week- and it has just really messed with my roleplaying time. I'm really sorry about any inconveniences made by my inactivity, BUT! I've come across some dearly needed free time and my posts will be up very soon.

Also, I'm so so so in love with the new characters and I'm really excited to see them in action! Noah and Rose are darlings and so are their players.

Actually, everyone here is awesome- you're all darlings. Kay? Kay.

fivehours
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:04 am

Just dropping my own quick message to apologise for my inactivity, I have an exam tomorrow so I've been studying all week for that. However, after the exam I should be able to post and do some organising things. Sorry if anyone was waiting on Adie to post!

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:29 am

Hello everybody! As you'll be able to see I have updated the Shipping Wars Thread! Yay me. I was going to give everyone a new ship, but then I got tired and stopped... so there are only a few new ships in there. When I'm procrastinating from studying for my next exam I might slowly add more in :)

Also, here's the plan guys: Keep posting as you're doing, fivehours and I are working on a Rue + Lito collab. That collab will have a little cliffhanger at the end and immediately after that post I'll post the beginning of the drama. So just keep going as normal, since the drama is sudden to my mind it doesn't matter if it interrupts conversations :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Quidditch Cards

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Layla, it is beautiful! Look at all those pictures! Gah. Much beautiful. Such amaze. Wow. It makes me want to make some pretty character aesthetics... but instead I've stolen Kohananinja's wonderful idea and made us some quidditch wizard cards.

I'm sorry if they're crap, I'm procrastinating from study but I'm also too lazy to figure out how to make them all individualised with names and team colours etc... Also since none of the FCs actually fly on brooms we've just got their faces.

Team Phoenicis:
    Adie, Aidan, Emma, Mac

Team Centaurus:
    Rue, Will

Team Pegasi:
    Devan, Kat (Kat isn't technically a quidditch player yet, but she will be.)

Also, limited edition R16 Aidan collectable card. Enjoy ;)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Just a quick note to say that I'm moving houses today and the internet won't be set up until midday tomorrow. I don't think anyone should notice haha, but just in case, that's why I won't be responding. Though I will be working on writing up the start of the drama post! Not to long to go :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:31 am

Hey guys! I'm soooo sorry about my inactivity lately. I'll have a post up by the end of tomorrow at the latest! I've been busy studying for exams >.< Sorry about it!

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Thanks for posting Layla!
    My Internet still hasn't been connected so I'm still only on my phone. I'll work on writing up the drama post while I'm offline :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:01 am

No worries! :D I'm looking forward to it. Hahaha Rose asking Adie if she is acquainted with Aidan xD Lololol.

Also I forgot to say but amazing job on the NPCs and the gifs!!! They look and sound incredible. I can't wait to see them in action. I'll add my own once I'm not drowning in exams haha

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:04 pm

This song is how I felt twenty minutes ago when the technician came and saved my life... a.k.a connected my internet. Yay! Keep on posting guys, as soon as fivehours and I have finished the Lito and Rue collab I'll get onto posting the start of the drama :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:42 am

Apologies for the absence team! Who is still here? Fivehours and I are almost done with the Rueto collab!

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:22 pm

I'm still here, I've just been a little busy. I'm proud to say though, that I just passed the certification exam to add secondary English onto my teaching license! All in all, I'd say time well spent, but I'm excited to get back into the story. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:28 am

Still here! Just lurking :)
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:41 am

Congratulations Kohana! And glad you're still here iCat. I'm waiting on fivehours for the collab so hopefully stuff will be able to move forward soon :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!