Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Re: The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:15 am

Kronos wrote:I'm leaving. Got bored.

I'm sure one or two people will miss me.

Oh, word?

Srsly though; gonna miss ya', man. :)
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:40 am

I never thought I'd be posting in here. I also never though I'd be posting in here just to add on to a list of people leaving. I've had some very good times here on this site. I've made great friends. I can definitely say this site changed my life, and will continue to as I continue to live. All of those I've met on here, if it was a friendship or rivalry, or even a mutual respect. You will be missed. I can't give a good reason for leaving... So I'll try to explain it the best I can. It's like my life has reached that point where it's about to take a turn for the worse. I'm in a state of confusion right now and really need to get my head straight. I will always remember you guys and the fun I had. The Hallow's Eve Ball... even though I couldn't do it this year (which I apologize for. @panta I'm sorry I can't help with the carnival now :|) . Becoming a Mentor... I don't think I could have possibly chosen a worse time to become one. I had fun with it the first week or so. I still do. It's just that. As soon as I became one, it seemed that everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I'm not saying it's because I became Mentor... I'm saying it was a bad time to become one because I was never able to do it to my full extent because of all the stuff going on in my life. I'm leaving this upcoming Monday. The twenty ninth. I'll be on that day to say my final goodbyes and such. Now... Finally:
To those I loved(and those I still love)((You know who you are)):
You are the ones I will miss most... I am grateful for the good times you gave me and the impact you made on my life. I love you guys...

To those I respect: You also should know who you are. Every member of this site dedicated to it. I respect you for what you do, and what you have done. I hope you live out the best lives imaginable. I will also miss you.

To those I disliked: You may have given me some rough times and criticism, but looking back I appreciate it now. Thank you.

To everyone else: I don't know(or remember) you, as you with me. But I hope you will carry on the long legacy this site has and help maintain it.

Thank you all for being part of my life and giving me such great memories. I'll try to come back someday. See if any of you changed as I hope to.

With love, Caleb. A.K.A Abraxas Lectre. A.K.A. Nyu.
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:02 pm

The time has finally come that, after nearly two years of being a devoted member, I must take my leave. It's not that I don't have a good reason for leaving; in fact, I have so many reasons that they would fill this page; it's just that it's much too complicated to explain. This website is still as wonderful as it was when I joined in early 2009, if not slightly more populated. However, the way things are happening right now, and what's been going on with me AND with my writing, I no longer have the energy or ability to write here like I used to love to. I wanted to prove to myself that I had what it took to become a mentor, and help people, and I truly thought I did. But I do not--not with my regular life making dying noises in the background. And in the two weeks that I was deprived of internet access, I learned that my life can be so much better without all of this...excess. I am not trying to say that I do not love this site, because I do, with all of my heart. And I have respect for Eric and Skalla and Pseu and every single member of the staff for being so damn dedicated to this place. But I cannot be as I once was, and I must leave it now.

To everybody who I will miss, and who will miss me, don't hesitate to look me up through messengers. Those are nearly the only thing connected to the web that I am not dropping, since I've met so many wonderful people here that I just can't talk to in real life.

To those people that may or may not find me intolerable, and may or may not have criticized me for my grammar skills when I first joined, THANK YOU. I couldn't have asked for a better way to be prodded into the world of writing than to be told I needed to clean up my act.

I hope to still pop on, every now and then, but I am resigning from the Mentor team. I'm not part of any active roleplays, and don't have anything here that I need to clean up before I leave except the tears of my few and fantastic friends. Moonscar: For you, the 'call me up' thing was more of an order. ;/

Goodbye, RoleplayGateway. <3

~Pantalimon
Too bad love is just a game.
But, I've had too much fun playing to quit now.
Maybe I'm addicted.
I don't think I care.
My tokens are all across the board...
And I'm winning.
>The Loveless Victor<

pantalimon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Seriously I am saddened by the news that Rigel, Kronos, Panta and Nyu are all leaving. I cannot speak for the staff, nor for the community as a whole. For myself I will miss the four of you. Each of you have grown, expanded your wings and developed into much more gifted and skilled writers. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, I hope none of you lose the spark to bang the keys and put your imaginations on paper because each of you have untold vistas of creativity to be explored. Perhaps one day you will return and share with us.

Skallagrim
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:02 pm

My son! You're still on my facebook so :p

Panta, you're on my facebook too! Ha ha!

Anyways, much <3s for you both. :3
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:26 am

All four of you I will miss greatly. I am deeply saddened to see you go. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I hope one day you will all return.

I am on Facebook under "Natalie Schultz" (Eric and Mid are friends of that account). If you have trouble finding it, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the direct -- wait. This page has a link to the FB page on it.

I will keep you in my prayers!

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Not sure if this is the right place, but anyway.

First off, please note that as of now I am only considering leaving, that doesn't mean that necessarily I will, and even if I do it will likely be only for a hiatus, not forever.

My major problem isn't really with this site (reading over some of the other departures here it seems like I've had a better deal than most) but with me. I just feel like I've made an incredibly bad impression here, with lots of people complaining that I'm too fussy, too strict, too unaccepting, too restrictive, etc. it seems like the people here I've gotten into an argument with and have ended up on my Foes list seem to greatly outnumber those I've actually gotten along with.
I know some of you will only say things like 'ease up' or 'start being more accepting' and sometimes I do this, but only for someone else to come along and be either too arrogant with their character, openly disregard the rules or my requests (not just 'not read them', but actively ignore them) or just not put enough effort their application.

It doesn't help that, apart from Threshold Leap (which is currently on hiatus as I'm having difficulty progressing the plot) and Fate/Heaven and Earth (which I'm uncertain about right now as I no longer think I can translate the Holy Grail War into a play-by-post game anymore) barely any of my other RPGs seem to be getting any interest. Maybe they'll be a brief peak of interest before the RPG goes inactive for weeks on end, through barely any fault of my own. I have no idea whether this is due to timing or any real-life engagements people may be going through right now, or just what people think of me.
Again, you could just say "Well, that's life". True, but it also doesn't give you much of a reason to stick around the site (though maybe I'll try to post something up for Creative Writing).

I don't mean any disrepect to our gracious Mentors or anything, I'm sure they all have very important duties and schedules, but do I have to wait for over a week each time I request a review for one of my games? Honestly, how long does it really take just to click on a link to a game, read over things and write up a review, it's not like they're ever that long. I always feel bad about having to bother Ylanne when there's been nothing up for seven days.
Again, really no disrespect, but I never quite appreciate being left out in the cold.

If worst comes to worst for me and I do end up leaving, I suppose you can find me at both FanFiction.Net and a site called RPoL (the latter of which, short for RolePlay OnLine, is a bit hard to get into, not because it's exclusive or anything, but I've never been able to find a clear link to it) under the same name as I go by here, but with a hyphen between 'Romanesque' and 'Marionette'.

Again, I really do apologise if I come off as too rude or too angry, it's just kind of hard for me to get my feelings and issues out.
You are walking down the street minding your own business when:
"Whoooo. I am a scary man in a mask and I have just made you kill your own Grandfather at some point in the future so you will have never existed... whooo"
"Er, why?"
"Because it's so amazingly paradoxical... whooo"
"Right"
"Ah yes, but how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
- DIY Sheep on Faction Paradox

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:27 pm

I have changed my leaving. I'm leaving... well, right now. I hope all of you will continue leading good lives and I will miss you. If you need to get a hold of me. PM Mid, she has my facebook and I give her permission to administrate it. You can also PM me for it. I will be permanently signing out on Monday. Unless I come back for visits, which will be rare. So get contact with me as soon as you can. I don't want to not talk to you guys ever again. Thanks.
- Caleb

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby feralfairy on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Well. This is certainly spur-of-the-moment. But I'm doing it anyway.

I can't write such lovely leaving posts as the others before me, but it doesn't mean they will be missed, right? I'm taking an indefinite hiatus. Doesn't mean I can't still miss all of you.

Nevertheless. Reasons? Huh. Well, lately, I've discovered everything I love... No longer is as golden as it once was. Reading, writing, drawing, even skiing. I need to find new inanimate loves. I hope maybe there IS something else besides them. It has nothing to do with the site or the great people within.

Writing. My muse has up and vanished, and though I know that's no reason to abandon writing altogether, it left me after only a few days of finding it again after a long time of ... Crappy writing. We'll stick with that. So until I can find it again, or until my resolve breaks, I'm leaving Gateway.

Not that I'll be going right away. I'm going to wrap everything up tomorrow on my roleplays, threads - stuff like that. If you see me on after tomorrow, I'm probably just scanning to keep in the loose loop.

To everyone who will miss me - thanks.
To those who won't - ah well. You can't please everyone and still be yourself.

My absence of late has generally brought me to this decision. If you want to contact me, for reasons whatsoever, drop me a PM or find me as sootqueen on LiveJournal.

I guess I've not got more to say. Well, bye then. I had a blast while it lasted.

-Feral
Last edited by feralfairy on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

feralfairy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 pm

We never roleplayed very often, but I miss seeing you around. Your loss will be felt deeply.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Feral, we never roleplayed but I've talked to you quite a few times in chat. I'm going to miss you <3 I hope you find your new loves(:
The name seems rather ironic if I’m an insomniac, doesn’t it? :3

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Epicurean on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Well. I guess I'll be the next to type up a post. I'm leaving the site. Of course I loved it here, it taught me to write better and develop characters, but real life. That's where I need to be. Supporting my brother and getting him out of jail, helping my sister run the house on her own, and helping myself become a better person before I can even begin to come back to the world of writing and posting and stressing about this roleplay&that roleplay. Just know those who I've roleplayed with- you'll be missed and remembered. :)

Epicurean
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 am

:O We'll miss youuuuuuuu :(
*sniffle* One member of our RPG 'Family' is leaving... *salutes!* You shall be emailed by me! :)
♥ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. ♥

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:12 am

Awss..Your leaving. :(..And yes..we will miss you..a lot... :) x

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Aw, Angie :(
Really gonna miss seeing you around lovely. You're an awesome roleplayer and I'll defoo be keeping in touch <3

Good luck with the future and getting through everything! ;Dx

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Aw, Ang. :( Continue being awesome now, yeah?
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:52 pm

Okay, well, it's the end of the road for me now. I've been on this site for two, if not two and a half year now. With exams and projects pressuring me, I think it is time that I gave something up in exchange for something which will benefit me in the long term.
I'd like to give out special thanks to certain RPs and RPers, who I both enjoyed to RP with, and whom I think deserve a special round of applause for their talents in writing.

1) The Fall of Azazel ~ Dashmiel
i) Well, I just love it when GMs gives the players the total freedom of being what we want to be. That's why I enjoyed this RP so much. I think it is a shame that it died so quickly, however, I must compliment and the sheer skills, quality, and quantity that every participants put into this RP, while it lasted.

2) War of Shadows ~ wolfangel26
i) Again...The freedom. The sheer fun of running around, causing chaos, havoc, and madness. While we were far from the end of the RP, I think we developed a lot of good sub-plots on the way, and even though I (and even my character) never really understood the true purpose of some of the things that was happening, it was still fun to improvise and see that the result was just as mad as the idea itself. Thumps up for every participants here.

3) Gods
i) Alright...My own RP, though I chose this one for a reason. The dedication, independence, and stunning fun that every participant threw in was overwhelming. The RP wouldn't have been as personally legendary if it hadn't been for those who came and dedicated a lot of time, effort, and independent thinking for this. I'm proud to now give the names of the participants whose skills, quality of posts, and individual creativity is so impressive, that I am almost regretting my leaving here:
Oran Tarlin, Lady Ethereal, Ersatz Creed, almostinsane, Kunoichi26, and Tsoibe. I'm going to miss you all, and thank you very much for the great times that I've got to share with you here on RPG.

4) Dark Heresy: WH40K ~Incognito and Dark Heresy Roleplay ~ XavierDantius32
i) This was a different RP, and I'm not referring to it being 40K. It was a live RP, where we would do it all over the chat, and though the story had barely started, there was enough action for me to still remember it all. It was a great time, filled with randomness, and awesomeness. Good times, and as a matter of fact, I plan on using my character from that RP in a future LARP...Gonna be chaos!

5) Warhammer: Fall of Ostermark ~ TraitorsHand
i) Well...The only Warhammer RP that I've ever played that got further than the start. Alright we were technically still in the start, but at least people tried, and although we didn't stick 100% to the warhammer rules and such, I think we created a great atmosphere for it to be a part of my list.

6) Eden ~ Sonata
i) This was again, another RP where the freedom and the sheer atmosphere of the RP was so stunning, and so enjoyable. I have to give a big applause to sweet_angle66, for her character, and mine, clashed in a semi-epic battle, which I still remember clearly.

7) Fall of Kingdoms ~ Ponats
i) Well, the first RP that truly captivated me, and although it died and my skills, back then, wasn't something to brag of, I still believe it is an RP that is worth being mentioned, even from an old fashioned dog like me :P

Now...Remæus asks for how the site could be improved. Well, I love the site the way it is right now, though I just wonder if it would be possible to give out an 'award' to those members who has been here for 2 or 3 years and above, so they feel a sense of appreciation for having been a part of the RP community for that long. It doesn't have to be much, maybe (just like the moderators) have some writing below their name saying that they are a longterm veteran of the site, or perhaps just change the color of their name so it stands out.

As for how to contact me. Well, frankly, I don't really want to be contacted, I've once made the mistake of posting my e-mail here (not as a post, but within my profile), and I received a lot of messages from random people, whom I didn't want to get to know. If you do, in some way want to contact me, look for me on deviantart.com, under the profile name "netharzeem".

Oh, before I hit 'Submit' let me say sorry to the two RPs I'm about to leave. Yes, I'm aware that it is one of the most douche thing you could ever do, but frankly...I don't feel the pleasure of being a part of these RPs anymore, and I'm most likely not coming back, so...Go ahead and delete my account.
If I do return, it will be on a new account for a fresh start.

Sincerely from,
~Saxious (Sax)
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:41 am

Sax brother, if you do come back, send me a PM. Your a good roleplayer and it was always a pleasure to have you around, even if our games didn't last long.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 am

Epicurean, please let me know if there is anything whatsoever I can do for you. My prayers are with you.

Saxious -- I have known you since my time on this site, and I will miss you greatly. You are free to contact me in any way.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:20 am

Saxious wrote:Now...Remæus asks for how the site could be improved. Well, I love the site the way it is right now, though I just wonder if it would be possible to give out an 'award' to those members who has been here for 2 or 3 years and above, so they feel a sense of appreciation for having been a part of the RP community for that long. It doesn't have to be much, maybe (just like the moderators) have some writing below their name saying that they are a longterm veteran of the site, or perhaps just change the color of their name so it stands out.

That's a great idea, Sax. I'll see what I can do.

You and your well-written posts will be missed! Take care, and make sure you work extra hard on those exams and future classes so we know you left us for good reason! ;)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!